Chapter 37

Despite the fact it was a Monday night, Caroline suggested we spend the evening as a girls night. We had spent the whole school day planning our night out together and I was actually excited.

It had been so much fun when we were all chatting yesterday while the guys played their stupid game and tonight there was a football match on that they all seemed to want to watch so I asked Zach if he wanted to invite them over while I went out with the girls.

"Are you sure about this?" He frowned from the doorway, watching while I blowdried my hair. I had just hopped out the shower when he came storming in with worried questions.

"Yes." I turned to face him and took in his extremely handsome brooding expression. I had seen it often when he didn't get his own way, "I will be fine. Dean won't show up at a cocktail bar in town trying to fight and if he does, I'm sure between the five of us, we will beat the shit out of him."

"And what about his brother?" He raised an eyebrow. "We don't know the lengths he is willing to go. He killed your mom sweetheart, the person his brother loved. Somehow I doubt a few cocktails will stop him."

"Zach, I will be fine," I told him slowly, taking his face in my hands and running my fingers over the dusting of stubble on his jaw. "I promise."

"I don't like you being out without me," he grumbled, twisting my hair in his fingers.

"I promise to call if I need you and I will text you all night," I assured him, kissing his lips and then his cheeks and then the rest of his face before circling back to his lips.

"Fine." He pouted like a child.

I laughed, shaking my head at him. "What time does the game start?"

"Seven. Is that when you are all meeting?" He asked me, leaning against the counter beside me while I curled my hair.

"Seven thirty," I told him. "Tyler is taking over for a few hours but I told him to let you know if its urgent, is that ok?"

"That's fine." He pecked my cheek gently. "I will call you if you're needed. Promise me you will stay safe? Ok, don't drink too much," he begged and I could see the worry in his beautiful bright eyes.

"I promise." He smiled and kissed me again before leaving me to get ready.

An hour later, I was staring at my reflection. It had been a while since I had been out and dressed up like this and of course, Lexi made sure I wasn't going in anything remotely casual - or comfortable.

My dress was red and wrapped tightly around my figure, hugging my curves nicely. It was strapless with a slightly low neckline where my favourite necklace, that Zach had given me, sat. It was a small, glittering heart with his name engraved across the back and a rose threading through it that was the same colour as my dress.

The pair of red lace heels made my tanned legs look a little longer than they usually were and despite my hate for anything uncomfortable, they were really beautiful.

My hair cascaded in ringlets around my face which I had touched up with some mascara, lipgloss and blush.

I strutted down the stairs where the sound of the guys yelling at the TV made me grin. I stood in the doorway as I watched a figure move across the field with the ball before swinging his leg back and thwacking it towards the goal. They all cheered until it flew straight over the top and then started yelling at the player.

"Hate to break it to you but he can't hear you." I scoffed, shuffling across the room to grab my clutch and phone from the windowsill.

"Holy shit." I heard Liam and turned to see their attention shifted to me.