Chapter 27

When my eyes fluttered open the next morning, my mind was instantly plagued with everything that I had discovered over the past few days.

It felt as though my world tumbled over and over until I had lost track of which way was up. Warm arms holding me against a broad chest reminded me that while I felt emotionally exhausted and utterly lost, I wasn't alone.

I couldn't stop my mind from drifting back to when Zach first came to town. My mother was still only missing, not dead. My father was his usual overprotective, bossy self, and not dead. I wasn't aware of the sinfully evil man that was about to barge into my life and burn it to the ground.

I missed the time when my biggest issue was school and keeping my secret. But now my attendance in school was practically zero, I was turning into my father - the horror! - who in fact, wasn't my father at all and either way, was dead now.

"Morning sweetheart," Zach's groggy, hoarse voice greeted from behind me before his lips brushed over the skin on my neck.

"Mm," I hummed as a tingly sensation buzzed through me. "Morning." Despite my darker thoughts, I smiled. Somehow, Zach had that affect on me. He could make me smile through anything.

"Now, I did promise you I would wake you up nicely this morning...," he reminded me as if I would've forgotten, "but since you are already awake-." He smirked.

I released a growl from the back of my throat and grabbed his stubbled jaw, feeling the spiky hair on his chin prickle against my skin. "You can't break your promise." I pouted and he chuckled lightly.

"I would never." He grinned playfully before lowering his sinfully talented lips to mine, connecting them before our tongues tangled between us.

When his lips slipped from mine and across to my jaw, I writhed beneath him from anticipation. I knew the path his lips would take but I also knew he would drag it out as long as he could, simply to torture me.

"Zach!" I whined when after about five minutes, he had barely reached my collar bone. His lips lightly brushed over my pulse point, his teeth grazing over my skin sharply before his tongue followed.

My entire body was tense with anticipation as well as weak with desire. I wanted him. Desperately. He continued his torturous journey across my skin until at long last, he reached my left breast with his lips while his fingers toyed with the right.

I arched my back as the pleasure hit me at once. His tongue circled my bud while he squeezed the other and meanwhile, his other hand traced lightly over my thighs, teasing me.

"Zach please! I want you inside me," I begged desperately. Not bothering with patience, I reached to yank down his boxers and curled my hand around his member.

"Ella," he warned, pulling away from my nipples to glare at me. The hand that still grazed over my thigh suddenly snapped away to grab my wrist before he pinned them both securely above my head.

"Please! Please please please," I begged, making him smirk down at me. I snarled from frustration before pouting and widening my eyes pleadingly.

Once again, he pressed his lips to mine, moving them slowly, sensually. Finally, I felt the tip of his member press against my aching sex and excitement rushed through me when he pushed into me.

The familiar warmth spread through me as he buried himself inside me and at that specific moment when he was completely submerged, his tip pressing against my walls, I felt safer than I ever had.

He was with me. Always.

****

"Are you sure you want this El?" Liam asked me. The three of us sat at the dining table with plates of bacon and egg in front of us and until now, we had been silent.

I looked up at him to see worry glazed in his icy blue eyes. I shuddered at the resemblance to Zach's... it was almost creepy. "Why wouldn't I? I want answers and Aiden might have them. Besides, he's my friend so what would be the problem?"

He smiled back gently. "I know, I just think it would be better if you waited a couple of days. He isn't going anywhere and in the past few days you have learnt a load of new information. Give yourself some time to absorb it all."

I appreciated his concern. I loved him so much for wanting to look out for me so I mustered up the best grateful smile I had. "I'm not really the patient type. I think sitting around for a while and dwelling on it all will make me crazy. I need some answers and once I get them, I can put all this behind me and move on," I explained.

"I understand." He nodded and took another bite of his food.

"You know we are coming with you right?" Zach stared at me for a few moments, waiting patiently for my protests.

"Is it likely to change anything if I point out its unnecessary?" I raised an eyebrow and sipped my drink while he shook his head. I placed my glass down with a smile on my face. "Well then."

"You should be grateful for our company." Liam winked with a grin.

"Oh I am," I replied. "Not many people get to privilege of having a Thorn brother on either side of them." I grinned while he winked again.

"You only need one," Zach growled, making me giggle.

"Every girl needs a boyfriend and a brother to protect them," Liam countered, hooking his arm around my neck and burying my head in his shirt.

"Liam!" I grumbled, struggling to pull my head away. "Get off! You stink." I gasped at the fresh air when he released me.

"Shit yeah, I went for a run earlier. Didn't bother to shower." He shrugged.

Zach scrunched his face up beside me in disgust. "Liam for gods sakes go and take a shower. That's revolting."

"Last I checked, I was the big brother. I'm supposed to tell you what to do," he challenged and I swear I recognised his daring expression from somewhere. I wonder where.

"Don't be a dick. You wreak. Shower."

"Jealous because I smell like a real man? Worried Ella might realise she picked the wrong brother?" He teased, coaxing a deep growl from his brother.

I watched the two fight with high amusement while Zach retaliated with insults and threats and Liam continued to mock and challenge him. "Are you boys done?" I finally asked when the discussion had turned into a growling match.

Neither answered but the growling at least stopped. "Liam take a shower or stay here. I am not going anywhere with you smelling like that," I scoffed and he frowned.

Zach held a smug smirk on his face until Liam responded. "You're welcome to join me El." He sent me one last wink before running from Zach who snarled powerfully from his seat.

I finished off my food, watching him out the corner of my eye with amusement. Zach pouting was quite a sight. "I hate him," he muttered with a shake of his head.

"Sure you do baby." I smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Love you too, dickhead!" A yell came from upstairs and I had to down the rest of my drink to disguise the amused grin that contorted my face at Zach's expression.