Helping Out

I woke up to my phone ringing off the hook beside my head. "Hello?"

"Hey baby. Can you cover for me in the office at TM? I've got to go meet Luann." Gemma requested.

"Yeah, sure, I can Gem. Just give me a few minutes to get dressed and I'll be there in twenty." I hung up my cell and jumped out of bed, pulling clothes on as I went. After making sure I had my phone and purse, I grabbed the keys to my truck that Donna had left sitting on the nightstand and flew down the stairs and out to the truck. I pulled in ten minutes before I told Gemma to expect me, having sped all the way. Right behind me the tow truck pulled up and I was standing by Gemma at the office door when Clay punished Juice for bringing a sweetbutt that he had obviously fucked somewhere else. I followed Gemma who was stalking after Half-Sack into the office.

"Who's the girl?" She demanded of him.

"Um - I don't really - I don't know." He stuttered. You're a bad liar Kip.

"Yeah. I saw your heart skip a beat from here. Who is she?" Gem repeated.

"Just a Tribe hang around."

"Clay hit that tart, didn't he?" Kip tried to save himself while I pulled Gemma away and rubbed her arms in comfort.

"Kip, just stop. We all know that 'what happens on a run stays on a run' but she's here and now we have to deal with it. Gem, go see Luann, I've got everything covered here. I'll see you later, okay?" I coaxed, pushing her purse into her hands. It took a minute, but Gemma finally grabbed her keys and left the lot, heading to wherever Luann was now. "Kip, call who you needed to call then get back to work. And keep your mouth shut." I instructed, sitting at the desk to see what needed to be done.

"That wasn't supposed to happen. Sweetbutts are supposed to stay away where the Old Ladies don't know what they look like." Kip muttered.

"I know the rules, Kip. That right there is why I can't be an Old Lady. I don't have the temper control to let whoever I'm with fuck someone else, in any sense. There are some good ones, like Opie, but most of the guys go by 'what happens on a run stays on a run' and I can't abide by that. I'll put up with a lot of shit, but even if I'm with someone casually, I don't share." I commented, keeping my eyes on the desk in front of me.

"You tried before, didn't you?"

"Tried, no. I thought about it; did I have what it took to be an Old Lady? In the end it was for the best that I never became one and never will. Having an Old Man would mean that I had to give up part of who I am to be with them, and I can't do that. The only one I want already has someone in mind, and has since he was younger, anyway. All for the best. Now make your call and get to work. I've got shit to do."

Hours alter, some spiffy fed cars pulled into the lot and I stepped out to see what was going on. "Agent Stahl, A.T.F. I'm looking for the owner of Teller-Morrow Automotive." The blonde fed greeted the club as they stepped out.

"That's me." Clay commented.

"Come on. Let's go, Clay." David Hale said as he grabbed Clay's arms and handcuffed him.

"You gonna bother mentioning a charge?" Clay wondered.

"No charge yet. I just need to discuss your relationship with a Nate Meineke."

"Who?"

"Nate Meineke. He's one of the men who held up a prison transport vehicle this morning. Killed three people with AK-47s. We found Mr. Meineke's cell phone at the scene. Last call he received was from your garage," Blonde bitch told Clay, "Preference?"