The Guys Can't Know

When it was over, Gemma and I were released from our bonds and dropped on the floor with a couple blankets. I didn't remember much after the first guy stepped up to me besides being told to tell my 'Old Man' to stop selling to color. What the fuck was he talking about? I don't have an Old Man. I feel like I've heard his voice before, but I can't place it to a face. I didn't know how much time had passed, but eventually I heard Unser's voice calling out our names and shook Gemma awake. "Wayne! Wayne!"

"We're in here!" I called. Wayne shot the lock on the door off and walked in to get us, stopped shell shocked when he saw Gemma and I on the floor. "Wayne, you gotta get us outta here." I pleaded, tears still running down my face as I pulled the blanket closer around me.

We were in Unser's car on the road when Gemma asked how he knew we were there. "I heard it over the radio. Recognized the descriptions of the vehicles." He told us.

"Anonymous tip?"

"Yeah... You got to tell me something here, girls."

"Where are you going?" I asked, finally recognizing the street we were on.

"St. Thomas."

"No." Gemma asserted.

"Got to get you to the hospital." Unser argued.

"No hospital. We can't go to a hospital. The club finds out and everything will go south quick, Wayne." I forced out around the pain in my jaw.

"So, uh, what am I supposed to do here, hmm?" Unser sassed at us. Gemma demanded his cell phone and when she got it she called Tara. I thought she was leaving. he fucking lied to me, again.

When we got to Tara's place and Tara arrived, I forced her to take care of Gemma first. She had taken the brunt of the attack. "Jax see you leave?" Gemma asked.

"I told him it was the hospital. You need to tell me what happened so I can help you." She replied.

"Use your imagination." I groaned out.

"Maybe we should let them rest a while." Unser suggested.

"We have to get them to the hospital."

"No!" Gemma and I both shouted.

"I can't treat you in my living room." Tara argued.

"Look, we'd have to check in. The insurance and shit. Everybody'll know." I seethed at her.

"We'll go home, get you two some clothes, then... then pick up Abel. We'll sign him in. We'll say we're running more tests."

"You could get fired for that." Gemma worried.

"If we're doing it that way, just use me. I'm supposed to have another checkup soon, anyway. They've been doing tests periodically to make sure what happened during my last pregnancy didn't make it to where I couldn't have kids anymore." I spoke up.

"Promise me... you won't tell anyone." Gemma said to Tara.

"Gemma, Nikki..."

"Promise us, Tara. We may not like each other but you can't tell anyone something like this. This is our business." I bit out, glaring into the side of her head.

"We got to tell Clay and Piney." Unser voiced.

"Not Clay. Not Jax."

"Not my dad. Not Opie. No one can know what happened, Wayne. They can't." I finished for Gemma.