And Why Not?

Mina's POV

It felt like heaven when I laid my back on the comfort of my bed. I just got back from a 2-day conference in Thailand. The 5 and a half hours flight time from Bangkok to Seoul is now taking its toll on me. I glimpse at my bedside clock to check on the time. Past 12 midnight, with my little knowledge of math, I realized I didn't get to sleep for  almost a full 24 hours now. I groaned as I turn my back from the clock and slowly fell into a deep slumber. Not long after, my sleep was interrupted by the continues ringing of my phone. I picked up the gadget, ready to throw it against the wall but changed my mind when I saw the caller's name.

Lee Soo Man Ajusshi

I automatically answered the call.

"Mina, we need you, right now." the old man didn't even gave me the chance to say hello. Something's up.

"What's the matter uncle?" I asked while sitting on the edge of the bed trying to compose myself.

"Lee Jinki is in trouble, he got arrested in a club for sexual harassment" he briefly informed me of the situation.

"Lee Jinki.." I repeated the name until I caught a memory of the guy's face. Lee Jinki the leader of SHINee also known as Onew. Sexual harassment? His name is Onew because he is supposed to be the soft and gentle leader, this accusation could ruin the guy's career and who knows what will happen to his group. His group, which reminds me of that black haired guy with a pair of peircing eyes. I instantly blinked my eyes to wash away the picture of the guy in my head.

"Send me which police station he was taken, I'll be there as soon as possible" I stood up after ending the call and went to my closet to change my pajamas into a pair of jeans and whatever tshirt I managed to pull out. I grabbed my leather jacket hanging behind my door and picked up my bike's key on the bedside table.

I reached the police station in less than 30 minutes, all thanks to my baby. I went inside the station and automatically searched inside for any signs of Jinki. As i turn my head to a corner, I saw a guy sitting in front of an officer's desk. His head hanging so low as the officer in front of him tries to get some useful information. For a second, the guy managed to lift his head and I cannot be mistaken, it is Jinki! I rushed to his side to check on him. He looks drunk,but something is off. He doesn't reek of alcohol, but there's a faint smell of beer though.

"I'm his legal counsel. What exactly happened? Is he alone?" i asked the officer sitting in front of us.

"His manager went to the restroom. Well, we got a call from this bar, a woman wants this guy arrested & claimed that he harassed her." the officer feeds me with the info.

"Where is she?" I asked when I realize the complainant is nowhere to be found.

"We let them occupy one of the offices, the boyfriend was enraged he might go physical with this guy." pointing to Jinki.

"I'd like to have a talk with my client if you don't mind." I told the officer, who instantly got the clue and leaves to give us some privacy.

"Jinki, listen to me, you need to tell me the truth, what exactly happened?" I tried getting his wavering attention.

"I really don't remember,I was having fun then suddenly I felt dizzy.After that, all I can remember are those police bringing me here" he said in a weak voice maybe trying to overcome his dizziness until now.

"Did you drink too much?" i asked.

"I only had 2 bottles of beer I swear!" he was so sure about it. I think that's the only thing he is sure about right now. I saw their manager walking towards us. I stood up to meet him before he reached Jinki.

"I'll leave him with you, one of the lawyers will be here in a while." I told the older man.

"But.." I didn't let him finish his sentence as I walked towards the frontdoor of the station where i came across with one of SM Entertainments' lawyer, Mr. Kim. 

"Mr. Kim, I need to go to that bar. Make sure Jinki doesn't say or do anything stupid to worsen the situation." I quickly told the lawyer who gave me a nod and a tap on the shoulder telling me to go ahead.

I took my phone from my pocket as I walked to my bike. I dialed a number & within seconds, I heard a deep voice from the other line.

"Mina-ah, to whom do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?" the man from the other line said with a chuckle.

"Dong Woo-ah, i need your help. I'll text the location, meet me there." I used my sweetest tone.

"Yah! You're scaring me. This must be something big for you to use that tone on me. Alright, send me the address" he said half chuckling and half serious. He knows me too much.

I ended the phone call and put on my helmet before dashing to the streets of Seoul. Fifteen minutes later, I stood in front of the bar where Jinki was arrested.It is almost 2 am but the music is still playing inside. After a few minutes, a police car stops infront of me. A tall guy emerged from the vehicle. His brown eyes landed directly on me and a smirk appeared on his thin lips.

"You really can't live without me Mina-ah." he said as he went closer.

"What is it this time?" He asked me directly.

"Dong Woo-ah, i need to get the cctv footage from that bar, and I need your badge to do so." I gave him a small smile as i pointed to the bar in front of us.

"And I thought you wanna go clubbing with me." He joked, knowing that I'm not into clubbing.

"Come on, let's get to work." as i walk towards the security personnel.

"I want to get all the CCTV footage inside the bar from 9 pm until 12 mn." I bravely told the big man beside the entrance of the bar.

"We cannot give you that." was the smug reply i got from the muscled man.

"And why not?" Dong Woo coolly asked as he showed his police badge.