Jealousy

Ji Yeon's POV

It has been a week since the last time Taemin went to visit me because he's taking care of Mina. When I first heard of what happened to her, I can't help but feel guilty. If I didn't started this lie, she'll never had to leave. But now that she's back, I hope they never found her in the woods. Maybe Taemin will spend his time with me and my child right now. He will be the one personally checking on me and I'll get more than just a phone call. 

I know it's wrong to feel this way, but I can't help but feel bad that he's spending more time with Mina instead of me who is carrying his child. I became used to our set up where he would drop by to check on me. But with Mina back, everything changed.

Taemin's absence made me realize that I no longer see him as a friend. He is no longer just someone I'm deceiving just to secure my baby's health & safety. He's been so good to me, he is caring and I can't help but fall for him. He is so different from my ex. 

I was startled when I heard the doorbell. I'm not expecting the groceries today because it was delivered yesterday. I was surprised to see Taemin when I opened the door. I was so happy to see him that I didn't think before I enveloped him in  hug. I only realize my mistake when I felt him stiffened, not able to return my hug. I am so embarrased that I couldn't look at him when I released him. 

"W-Why are you here? I thought.." I can't finish my sentence as the words taste so bitter. I thought he'll be with Mina.

"I decided to drop by because I need to talk to you." he said as he sits on the sofa. I wanted to stay close so instead of sitting on the chair across him, I chose to sit on the same sofa still leaving a space between us.

"Have you eaten already? It's almost time for dinner." I asked him, I cooked stew for dinner and I hope he can join me this time. I feel lonely eating alone.

"Mina's waiting for me at home, she already prepared dinner." he said without a clue on how irritated I am hearing her name again.

"I see." i tried my best to hide my irritation. Mina again! It's way better when she's not with Taemin. 

"Ji Yeon, I'm actually here to tell you something. I wanted to share the good news with you." he seems excited. I wonder what makes him this happy and I'm also happy that he is sharing it with me. I felt that somehow we've been close in the past months, we can talk about anything everytime he'll visit me though it will always be a short one because of his busy schedule. Maybe there's a chance that he'll feel the same towards me. 

"Mina and I, we are having a baby." he was so happy telling me the supposed to be good news. I can see the joy in his eyes,the opposite of what I saw when I told him about my pregnancy. Though it is a lie, I was still hurt. He must have seen it in my eyes but thought it was because I'm worried.

"But don't worry about our child, I will treat her or him equally. Even Mina, she'll treat our child well, I can promise you that. We've talked about it and she already accepted everything. She's the best, isn't she? I don't even deserve her." I can feel his love for her and also the trace of guilt in his voice. I know, if he could undo one thing in his life, it would be knowing me.

"Anyone will be so lucky to have you Taemin." i voiced out my thoughts while looking directly in his eyes. It caused him to feel awkward and excused himself to use the restroom. My eyes shifted to his seat when I felt the vibrations coming from his phone that he left. I didn't saw him holding it earlier so I guess it slipped from his pocket. I picked it up with the intention of returning it to him when he comes back from the restroom  but something entered my mind when I saw the caller's name.

Baby Mina calling...

She must be checking on him, waiting for him to come home. Without thinking, I put the phone in my pocket when I heard Taemin coming out of the restroom.

"Ji Yeon, I'll go ahead. Mina's waiting for me. Are you ok here? Is there anything you need?" he  was already preparing to leave when an idea pops in my head. I don't want him to go yet. I want to spend more time with Taemin. When he turn his back, I started acting as if I'm in pain, making sure he can hear my groans. 

"Ji Yeon? Are you okay? What's wrong?" he went closer to check on me. 

"My head suddenly aches." I said holding my temple. 

"Have you eaten dinner?" he asked to which I only answered by shaking my head. 

"You want to eat? You must be hungry." he carefully help me sit in the dining area. I saw him prepare my food. He'll be the best husband and I want him for myself.

Mina's POV

I've been calling Taemin for the nth time now and still no answer. I cooked dinner because he told me he's on his way home. While cooking, i received a message from him telling me that he'll just drop by Ji Yeon's place to check on her. 

I'll be lying if I say it is totally fine with me. Taemin told me that he'd been personally checking on Ji Yeon in the past months. They probably became close since they see each other everyday.

I can't help but feel uncomfortable knowing they are together at this very moment though I know it's just for the child. And he is not answering his phone! Am I not supposed to call him when they are together? What does that makes me? 

It's almost ten in the evening when I decided to give up on waiting for him. I left the food on the dining table and went to bed. Few minutes later I heard the bedroom's door open and Taemin walked inside. I didn't even tried to get up from the bed, I just looked at him and saw his apologetic face before I turned to the other way. He occupied his space on the bed and I felt him hugged me from the back. 

"Baby, I'm sorry. Ji Yeon is not feeling well and asked me to stay a bit longer. I wasn't able to call you because I thought I lost my phone. Thankfully Ji Yeon found it, must've slipped from my pocket." he explained while hugging me. I didn't answer but I felt my tears rolling down my cheeks. I hate it that I'm such a crybaby nowadays. 

"I'm sorry, please don't get mad. You know I can't stand it when you're mad baby." he keeps on kissing my exposed shoulder while keeping me close to him. He only lifted his head to look at me when he heard my sobs.

"Baby.." he made me face him and looked into my eyes while wiping my tears.

"I know what you're thinking. I'm sorry I made you feel that way. But I swear what I told you is the truth, nothing more and nothing less. So please stop crying. It won't be good for you and the baby." he said while caressing my hair, his eyes never leaving mine. I just nod, feeling much better now that he explained everything and I know he's telling the truth. I hugged him letting him know that we're good. I'm comfortably in his arms when I heard his stomach growled. 

"You didn't eat yet?" I asked him and he just gave me his puppy look. 

"I wanted to eat here, with you." he said not knowing how his words sent warmth in my heart. I went out of bed but he held my hands.

"Where are you going?" he asked trying to pull me back to bed.

"I'm going to prepare your dinner Taem." i saw his face lights up and he finally let go of my hand. I am at the doorstep when I heard him call me. I looked at him waiting for what he had to say.

"I love you." he was hugging my pillow and smiling when he said those words. He looks so adorable and I wanted to go back to bed and just cuddle with him but I need to feed him first.

"I love you too" i told him before I went down to prepare his dinner.