Blessed

Mina's POV

I tried opening my eyes but the blinding light causes me to close it again. Where am I? Am I dead? I tried to recall what happened. I can remember joining a hiking group when I arrived in Busan after almost two months of continues travelling. I've been to different parts of South Korea, trying to find something to make me forget but I failed, miserably. He's always on my mind. And when I arrived in Busan I saw an advertisement inviting individuals to join a group of hikers and I instantly felt that excitement again. I used to be carefree. Before I met Taemin, I love to climb mountains, go to the sea, everything that's exciting used to make me feel alive. But everything changed when I chose to be with him. His busy schedule won't allow us to travel. We'd spend our time hanging out on my place or their dorm. I never complained. Being with him makes me happy and contented. But now that he's no longer with me, I hope that adventures will somehow fill in the loneliness inside me.

I was so excited that day. I met new friends before we started the hike. Somehow I feel... alive again. Everything was fine until I felt dizzy. I told them I'll just take a break but I guess they didn't hear me because when I opened my eyes I couldn't find them. I'm not sure which way to go so I stayed at the same place hoping that other group of hikers will pass by or the group will go back to find me. But hours passed, no one came and it's getting dark so I decided to walk which I regreted instantly. I couldn't find the way back to the place where they left me. I'm sure they'll go back for me once they realize I'm not following them and they will surely go back to the trail. 

I'm lost. I admitted to myself when it's already dark and I couldn't find my way back to the trail. I decided to build my tent and spend the night in the woods. I still have food inside my bag so I'm okay till tomorrow. I was about to sleep when I felt something from outside the tent. I kept quiet and listened carefully. I could hear growls from outside. Oh shit! wild animals! I must have been walking deeper into the woods. I know just what to do, with a thumping heart, I slowly opened the tent. And in the darkness I heard their growls and when my eyes adjusted in the dark, I saw at least three pairs of eyes looking at me as their prey. I made a few steps back before I turn around and run as fast as I can, leaving all my things behind. I felt them chasing me and I never stopped until I fell into a pit. I winced in pain when I tried to stand. Though it's dark I am sure I injured my ankle. I want to scream for help but I can't. I've lost all my strength and my head is spinning. I was thinking if that will be the end for me, if no one comes to help me, it will surely be. I cried, I'm afraid. All I want to do is go back home. I prayed so hard until I've used up all my strength and surrendered to the darkness.

I tried opening my eyes again. I saw the white ceiling and when I roamed my eyes, i realized I'm inside a hospital room.

"Mina, you're awake!" it's mom. Everyone gathered beside me when they heard mom. My dad, brothers, Ji Soo and Dong Woo. I searched for him but he wasn't there. Two months, was it enough for him to forget and move on? Isn't he even a bit worried about me?

"He's just outside." Ji Soo told me, she knows me too well. 

"I want to see him, please."

Taemin's POV

I'm glad she's safe. I'm just waiting for her to wake up and I will leave, just like how I promised. I'm thankful to my hyungs who stayed with me until now. 

"Taemin.." it was Ji Soo.

"How is she?" I stood up and asked.

"She's awake." she said and relief rushed through me. 

"I'll get going then. I just want to make sure she's ok." this is really the time to end everything. With a heavy heart, I turned to wake up my hyungs but Ji Soo stopped me.

"She wanted to see you " I looked at her with my heartbeat going crazy inside my chest.

We walked to her room. And I wanted to rush to her side when I saw her on the bed but held my self back. Her round eyes never left me as I walk to her.

"How are you?" I'm so thankful to that family who saved her. They took care of her for two days while she's unconscious.

"I'm better now." she said, her voice still weak. She got some bruises on her soft skin. I can't help but think that I caused them. I can't get close to her, fearing she'll be in more pain with me by her side.

"You don't have to leave anymore. If you don't want to see me, I'll be the one to stay away. Don't hurt yourself like this again. Please take care. I'll try my best not to appear infront of you again. Just please be safe." I promised her, trying to hold back the tears.

"Don't leave me Taem." her voice is weak but her words are so powerful that it left me dumbfounded.

"Mina.." I don't know what to say.

"When I was out there in the woods, when I thought I'm dying on that pit, I looked back and realized that the only regret I have in life is leaving you." my heart swells with her words. Like her, I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

"But I only caused you pain. You're hurt because of me." I honestly told her my fears.

"That's not true. I'm in greater pain without you Taem." she reached out her hands to me which I automatically held with both of my hands. It feels heaven to hold her again.

"But you know the situation about Ji Yeon." I don't want to talk about it but we have to. It is the root of all these.

"I know and when I think about it now, that child is a part of you. How can I not love anything that is a part of you? I'm willing to accept everything except losing you again Taem." she said while looking at me intently and I can only see sincerity in her eyes.

"Maybe I saved the world in my past life to deserve you baby." I'm so happy, a feeling I didn't have in the past months. I heard her laugh to what I said and I feel warm seeing her like that again. That's all I ever wished for.

"I love you, Taemin." her eyes once again became watery.

"I love you too, Mina. And I guess you have to wear this again." I reached for my necklace where I put her ring.

"You kept it?" she's surprised to see the ring.

"Of course. I always have it with me, hoping you'll be back anytime. But today, I almost gave up on you. I'm sorry baby." I said while putting the ring back on her finger, to where it truly belongs. I looked at her. We stare at each other before I leaned in to capture her lips in a kiss. 

We only parted when we heard claps in the room. We already forgot about everyone inside. Even my hyungs are there, I saw Jonghyun hyung and Kibum hyung trying to hide their tears. Those crybabies. I enveloped her in my arms. Happy is an understatement. I can't find the right word to describe how I feel right now. Now that she's back in my arms, I feel so blessed. All the pain I felt when I was away from her already forgotten. I only let her go when the doctor came to check on her.

"You look just fine Ms. Park. Beside from some bruises and a sprained ankle, we didn't find anything for you to be worried about." I am relieved to hear that from the doctor. I hope she can be discharged soon. I'll take care of her. I'll clear my schedules and spend time with her.

"And luckily, your fall didn't affect the baby. The child's perfectly fine." I'm glad tha--What? Baby? I looked at her and her expression is just like mine, surprised. As well as everyone inside the room.

"Just be more careful from now on. Take all the vitamins I'm going to give you and you'll be just fine." the doctor then turn to leave.

"Oh God, baby." I hugged her once again. We cried out of happiness.

We are really blessed!