Chocolate Cake

It was already past nine in the evening when Mina reached the restaurant where Kibum's celebration is taking place. She was ushered towards a private room where she can already hear the loud noises behind the door. She smiled knowing for sure they already had lots to drink by now. Jonghyun saw her when she entered the room and motioned her to sit on the vacant chair beside him. She smiled at him and made her way towards the seat when she realized who was sitting beside it. Lee Taemin. Before her smile could fade, Kibum spotted her and enveloped her in a hug.

"Congratulations Oppa!" she returned his hug.

Someone coughed and that made Kibum release her from the embrace.

"Oooopss.. I'm sorry!" Kibum said, confusing Mina with the sudden apology. She looked at his face and saw that he's already red from too much drinking. Kibum just laughed at her confused face. She shaked her head realizing he's really drunk.

The older guy then turn his attention to the other attendees. She noticed Seulgi & Joy and waved at them to which Joy returned with a flying kiss while Seulgi giggles. She laughed at their drunken gestures. She really find the girls too cute. She retured her gaze at the vacant seat that Jonghyun offered her, only to see Taemin eyeing her and the girls, much to her surprise, the usual frown was nowhere to be seen, instead, a smile was plastered on his face. She felt her heart flutters inside her chest as she looked into his eyes which seems to twinkle when he smiles. If only he is smiling at her. But Mina knows better. Without a choice, she walked towards the group and sits beside Taemin. Minho, Jinki & Jonghyun greeted the lawyer and offered her some drinks which she instantly refused. 

"You're late. We already finished eating." She was taken aback when Taemin casually talked to her. His deep yet sweet voice making it hard for her to respond instantly.

"I-It's ok, I already had dinner at my friend's place." she answered not able to look at him in the eye.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat anything?" he even asked. She wanted to say yes but then realized this is the first time the guy tried talking to her, might as well take advantage of it. This might be her chance to ask him about what's been bothering her in the past few months.

"Ahm, actually I'd like to eat something sweet, I didn't get to have dessert earlier" she managed to say with a small smile and finally finding the courage to look into the dark haired guy's deep, brown eyes. This is the closest she's been with him and she realized that he looks even better upclose.

"Would you like to try their signature chocolate cake? I heard it is one of their best sellers." he asked as he stands up. She noticed he is wearing a pair of jeans and a simple black shirt with the word H.O.T. written on it as if emphasizing what is already obvious. But what really caught her attention tonight is the cap he is wearing backwards as it gave him the badboy look.

Taemin went to a corner where he pressed a button to call for someone to take the order. When the waiter entered the room, he called his attention and gave his order, one chocolate cake for Mina and two bottles of beer for him. Mina looked at him to check if he had enough drinks already, he is a bit red from drinking but not as much as the other guys on the table, including his fellow SHINee members. Yoona and Heechul in front of them surely got too much to drink as they can't even raise their heads as they talk senselessly to each other, the sight making the lawyer laugh. 

Taemin smiled when he saw the woman beside him laugh. Right now, he has no restrictions, his members already knew about everything. They even promised to help him get close to the lawyer. The vacant seat beside him was actually not a coincidence. He's been guarding it the whole night making sure she'll be seated beside him which made his hyungs laugh. When the woman turned to him, still laughing, he gave her a smile. Her laughter faded and she eyed him, looking so surprised.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"N-nothing." She said, thankful that their orders arrived and distracted Taemin, making him forget about her reaction. She's not used to seeing him smile at her, so his gestures tonight surprises her big time. She took out her phone and started texting Ji Soo.

"He talked to me!" she typed and send it immediately.

"Who? Taemin?" Ji Soo was quick to reply. 

"Yes! He even smiled at me!" she replyed.

"Haha! Then he's not that immuned to your charms Minmin! Let me know what happens tomorrow. I need to sleep already, it is late, bad for baby's health 😘 Good night Minmin. Have fun!" her response made her smile. She typed her reply not noticing the guy beside her, observing her while she typed on her phone. Wondering who is making her smile sheepishly with a mere text.

"Don't you like the cake?" Taemin asked the lawyer just to get her attention away from her phone. He wanted her for himself  tonight. 

She sent her good night to Ji Soo then faced the guy as she puts her phone on the table.

"I haven't tasted it yet." she smiled at him. It was Taemin's turn to blush, luckily he is already red due to the few drinks he had. 

"Hmm! This is really good!" she complimented as she tasted the chocolate cake. She likes sweets the most.

"I'm glad you liked it." he's amused on how she enjoyed the treat. She looks like a child eating her chocolate, her eyes twinkling.

"Would you like to have some?" She asked holding the fork with a piece of the cake towards Taemin.

Surprised, the idol looked at the cake being offered to him then to the pretty face of the one offering it m. When he saw her hesitation, ready to retrive the fork, he held her wrist then guided the fork to his mouth taking the cake in without breaking their eye contact. Her cheeks turned crimson red because of his actions. Clearing her throat, she excused her self to go to the washroom. The idol can't help but smile at her shyness. 

Lost in his thoughts, he was surprised when he felt a vibration, Mina left her phone on the table and someone's calling her. He looked at his watch, it is almost 11 in the evening, who might call her at this hour? Though it is not his hobby to pry on someone else's phone, his curiosity is killing him. He glanced at the gadget trying to see the caller's name.

❤❤❤Oppa❤❤❤ calling....

A knot formed on his forehead. Too many hearts for his liking. Before Mina could go back from the washroom, he finished the two bottles of beer that he ordered.

She sits beside him and as if on cue, her phone rang again her eyes widened when she saw the caller's name.

"Oppa! You're back??" her voice full of excitement as she answered the call. She was smiling from ear to ear as she listened to the person on the other line.

"I missed you too Oppa. I'm still with friends right now but I'd like to see you already!" she sweetly said, making the guy beside him hiss, ordering another three bottles of beer.

"Ok then, rest well. I'll see you first thing tomorrow." she said pouting, most probably the person on the other line refused to see her tonight.

"Alright..I love you too.." she said then hang up with a smile.

Taemin couldn't believe what he just heard. So, she already have someone. What made him even think otherwise? She's perfect, of course every guy would love to have her as his girl, himself included. Feeling defeated, he finished another bottle in one go.

"Hey, slow down Taemin." her blurry face was the last thing he saw before everything went black.