Rejected

Mina's POV

I heard knocks on the door that made me look up from the documents I'm currently reading. Looking at my watch, I realized it is already past the lunch time. So, it's probably the food delivery. I asked Ji Hee, my assistant, to order food as I won't have time to go out for lunch, I need to finish this before the weekends.

"Come in!" i said with my attention back to the documents. I heard the door opening and Ji Hee entering.

"Just put it on the table, I'll eat later." i said without looking at her.

"It's already past lunchtime, you should eat now. The paperworks can wait." I was surprised to hear a soft yet deep voice, obviously not from Ji Hee. I looked at the guy standing in the middle of my office with both of his hands on either side of his waist, ready to scold me if I go against his words.

"Taemin.." i said as I look at him, he is as hot and handsome as ever, but something is new about him today. I looked at his shoes, it's the same shoes he uses during practice, his jogging pants and loose tshirt is also the same with what he usually wears. My gaze went up to his face, his plump lips, cute nose and peircing dark brown orbs are as i remember them. Then his hair, he changed the style! It no longer covers half of his eyes. It was neatly brushed up giving me full access to his handsome face.

"Hey, come here and eat, you won't get full by just admiring me like that Mina." his naughty smile visible. This guy really has the confidence. I can't help but blush. I hate how my cheeks would always give me away. 

"Come on, eat. I bought the pasta you liked from the restaurant across the office building. I'm glad I went here earlier before Ji Hee ordered your food. You'll probably eat burger and fries for lunch." he said as he opened the food containers.

I instantly felt my hunger when I smell the aroma of the food. I sit beside him on the sofa where I usually entertain the artists with legal concerns. We started eating and halfway the meal, he stopped and I felt his gaze on me.

"What's wrong? Don't you like the food?" I stopped eating as well. 

"No Mina, the food is fine. I was just wondering, if I ask you that question again, right now, will you still reject me?" He is now intensely looking at me. 

"Why are you suddenly bringing this up Taemin?" confused, I looked away, avoiding his eyes.

"I'm sorry Mina. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. If you're still not ready, It's fine with me, I'll wait until you're sure." he smiled but I can see a hint of sadness in his eyes.

I wish I could tell him how I really feel right this very moment. But I have to wait until the weekends, I want everything to be special for the both of us. With this on my mind, I continue eating my food.

Taemin's POV

I shouldn't have brought that up. I don't want her to feel rushed. I've waited for months already, I can wait a bit longer.

Thinking about it now, she never really rejected me. I neither got a yes nor a no. What she told me is that she wanted to be sure about her feelings. She felt something for me too but she is not sure if it is enough to be in a relationship with me. She wants us to take our time, get to know each other more. Which we really did.

Despite my schedule in the past months, I was so busy promoting my solo album, I managed to give the both of us time to know each other.

I introduced her to my family over dinner and they like her a lot especially my mom. She would sometimes call Mina and ask her to go out with her. They would go to the mall or sometimes in the supermarket, and my mother never fails to send me their pictures together.

I also spent some weekends with her family. They are so nice. Minhyuk, her youngest brother would always ask me to play pool in Min-gyu hyung's house which is a few blocks away from Mina's and we will end up eating dinner at her place. 

We have this mutual understanding, but it is not enough. I want her to say yes. I want her to be completely mine. 

"What are you thinking about Taeminnie? You're so serious." it was Jinki hyung. I didn't notice my members coming inside the practice room.

"It's Mina." I admitted.

"What's the problem with her?" Kibum hyung asked as he stretches.

"She's still not sure about being in a relationship with me. I don't know what would make her say yes." I feel sad whenever I think that she didn't find everything that we've done together a good reason to finally accept me. 

"As far as I can see, she likes you a lot too. Maybe she just need a little push." Minho hyung said  trying to brighten up my mood.

"Have you ever tried the 'push & pull' method?" Jonghyun hyung asked clearly forming a plan inside his head.

"Do you think it would work with her?" I'm still in doubt.

"It works all the time Taemin!" Jinki hyung confidently said. And the other hyungs nodded.

"So here's the plan...." Jonghyun hyung laid out his plan. I hope this works. 

Mina's POV

I got a call from Minho Oppa asking me to meet him at the practice room. Since I'm already done with the paperworks, I said yes knowing Taemin would also be there. We just had lunch together yet I miss him. I smiled at the thought and I can't wait for the weekends. 

When I entered the practice room, i spotted the boys on the corner taking a break but Taemin is nowhere to be found. 

"Hey gorgeous!" Kibum shouted when he noticed me. Too loud for a greeting. Maybe he missed me that much, it's been over a week since I last saw him. He was so busy with his drama.

"Hello Shining SHINee!" I always greet them this way. And it never fails to make them laugh.

"How are you sweetie? Anything new?" Well, I agreed to meet them because I wanted to tell them my plan when I get the chance and Taemin's absence is a blessing in disguise.

"I've got something planned on the weekend." I started.

"I want to tell Taemin that I'm ready to bring our relationship into a new level. I want it to be official between the two of us.And I want you all to be there." I told them expecting them to be happy but the reaction that I got is far from it. They look anxious over something. Their smile fading as we hear the door opened.

There is Taemin and beside him is a girl I've never seen before. They are talking happily with the girl's hand holding on to Taemin's arms. What shocked me the most is when Taemin leaned over the girl to whisper something in her ear that made her giggle while slapping his shoulders. This guy! And here I am thinking about us being officially together.

"Please cancel the plan this weekend. I changed my mind." I told them as I rushed to exit the room.

"Damn you Lee Taemin, you almost got me fooled."