Now Or Never

Warm air blowing on his cheeks woke Taemin up. Confused, he turned his head to the source of such warmth. He was greeted by the face he never thought he'd woke up to. With her eyes closed, her long and thick lashes more defined, the tiny nose that is now touching with his own and her lips only a breath away from his made his heart flutter. He looked around at the unfamiliar room. But with his head throbbing, he decided to close his eyes again for a moment.

After some time, trying not to stir the woman sleeping beside him, he slowly and carefully inspected himself. Though shirtless, his jeans are still intact.

"What happened?" 

He was trying to remember last night when he felt her moving. He froze thinking she'll be awake in no time. But instead, an arm snaked around him and her pretty face rested on his chest as she made her way in to his arms. She's wearing a white shirt, her lower body covered with the light blue comforter that they share.

Her smooth skin against his bare chest felt heavenly. At the same time, he was afraid his heartbeat would wake her up. Surrendering, he closed his eyes, feeling her warm embrace, knowing it will only last until she wakes up. He felt warm all over as if this is where he belongs, beside her. As his thoughts wander, darkness envelops him again.

Taemin's POV

Rays of sunlight blinded me when I tried to open my eyes. I reached to the other side of the bed hoping she's still there but my hand touched nothing but the cold bedsheet. No trace of her on the bed. Is it just a dream? It probably is. Remembering why I got drunk last night, i felt a fang inside my chest. She belongs to someone else. I have no right to think about her this way much more to dream of her like that.

I rolled on the bed, burying my face on the pillow. It smells so good just like a baby, so fresh. Just like how she smells in my dream. 

Wait. Could it be..

"Taemin.." I slowly turn my head to look at the woman standing at the doorway. There she stood looking at me, for real. 

"I'm glad you're awake." she averted her gaze when I roll on my back and tried to sit down. Realizing I'm half naked, I pulled on the comforter to cover myself. Not that I'm not confident with my body, I actually spend most of my time at the gym lately & somehow all the hardworks are paying off. But she is too shy to look at me without my shirt. And I want nothing more than her eyes on me right now.

"Mina.." my voice stilll hoarse.

"You can freshen up first, I got some clothes from my brother, I hope they fit. The shower's that way." she pointed to the door inside the room.

"I'll wait for you downstairs, let's have breakfast." she smiled sweetly before closing the door. Leaving me speechless.

I roamed my eyes inside the room, blue is the most prominent color. From the curtains, to the furnitures and even the comforter that's covering my body is the lightest shade of blue. I looked at the bedside table and I saw some picture frames.

One of them is a family picture. Parents on each side, I recognized Mina at the center, maybe in her teens, her hair not even reaching her shoulders. There were two boys, the one on the left looks older than Mina and the other one is obviously the youngest. The boys got chinky eyes just like their mom's, unlike Mina's round piercing eyes which she got from her dad. But no doubt about them being siblings, they got the same smile. The smile that always got me speechless.

The other frame is a picture of Mina with his brothers pouting cutely at the camera.

Aish! I need to freshen up fast. Enjoying my time looking at the photos, I almost forgot that Mina is waiting downstairs.

I walked inside the room she pointed earlier. Beside the sink are the change of clothes, unused toothbrush and a clean towel. I quickly went inside the shower. She uses the same brand of shampoo as my mom but it smells different on her hair. I smiled at the thought as I turn on the shower.

I went out the shower after few minutes, I wore her brother's clothes, a gray tshirt, white jogging pants and thankfully, an unused boxers. 

I feel refreshed as I tried to dry my hair with the towel. I looked around her room for a comb. What kind of girl doesn't have a comb inside her room? Well, i guess she's that kind of girl. So I decided to go downstairs, combing my hair with my fingers.

I went straight to her dining room. On the table, there is fried rice, bacon and ham, toasted bread, cheese, sliced apple and mango. And from the kitchen, Mina had eggs on a plate. She placed them on the table not yet noticing me. She looks so adorable with her blue apron. And she looks so fresh with her hair tied in a bun. She quickly went back into the kitchen as if remembering something. When she came back, she holds a bowl of soup. She saw me and asked me to sit down.

"Are we expecting others to join us?" i asked. There are too many food infront if us.

"Uhmm..I don't know what you eat for breakfast, so I prepared all of these for you to choose from. But start with the soup, it will help you with the hangover" she's becoming more adorable as moments pass by. She put some soup in a bowl and placed it in front of me.

"Would you like to have coffee? Juice? Tea? Milk?" she asked not yet sitting.

"Coffee please. Thank you" I said, my eyes never leaving her.

"Uhm, ok." she said going back to the kitchen but not before I saw the blush on her face. She's really shy. Where is that fearless lawyer that I know? The one that never backs out on any argument with Kibum hyung. The one who went all her way to protect our publiv images & interests. All I can see now is a cute & thoughtful girl who cooked all kinds of breakfast just to make sure I got to eat what I like. How lucky is that guy who have her as his girl. I almost lost my appetite remembering the guy.

"Here's your coffee" she served the coffee then removed her apron revealing a cute poporo shirt as she sits on the chair facing me.

"Thanks and I'm sorry to bother you. But what happened?" I asked.

"Well you got drunk, Your hyungs told me to just let you sleep, but when I came back from the restroom, they're nowhere to be found, leaving you behind.I took you to the dorm, but no one's opening the door. So I decided to take you here. I hope you don't mind." she narrated. Those hyungs! Maybe they didn't know about her being in a relationship. Still pushing me towards her.

"Of course I don't mind, I should be thankful to you for letting me into your house. I will leave after eating, i guess you still have somewhere to go, right?" I remember her excitement last night to see her boyfriend.

"Oh it's ok, I already went to see Min-gyu Oppa, I had to borrow his clothes so you can freshen up a bit. Thankfully he returned from his business trip last night. I don't think Minhyuk's clothes will fit you." she explained.

"I thought it's your brother's clot---" Ohhhhhh. Shit. Really now, Taemin? Though I'm pissed with myself for assuming things again, a part of me is dancing with joy. He's not her boyfriend!

"Taemin, are you ok?" she checks on me as I was lost in the party inside my head.

"I'm ok, my head hurts a little." I lied.

"Just eat some more. What would you like to have?" She asked as she replaced the bowl of soup with a plate.

"Rice, ham and bacon." I answered still looking at her. She puts everything I said on my plate.

"Would you like to eat eggs?" before she could stand up to reach for the eggs, I stopped her by holding her wrist.

"I want to know something Mina," It's now or never.

"Will you be my girl?"