Suga-Divorce

i just wanna say, this isn't entirely based off personal experience, but it is kinda like a little bit. I'll explain more at the end.

You're chilling with the guys, who are currently filming Bon Voyage in (choose a country lol but not your home country) until you get a call from you parents.

'hi! Whats up?' you say, excited that your parents called, unaware of what was to come.

'hi (Y/N) we have to tell you something...' they say, sounding concerned.

'Y-y...yeah?' you say, your excitement going and being replaced with concern.

'you know that your uncle and his wife have been arguing a lot for a while now?' Hearing those words, you knew exactly what was coming next.

'....yeah....'

'(Y/N).... they're getting a divorce.' Although you were already expecting that, it felt like a knife through your heart. You had basically been waiting to hear those words, and yet it still hit you like a ton of bricks.

'...What about Oliver? what will happen to him?' You ask, tears forming in your eyes. Oliver is your younger cousin. He's still very young, only 6. You love him a lot. He's always excited to see you. You're really close to him.

'I don't know... I'm sorry (Y/N)' Tears start rolling down your cheeks, and you start sniffling. Meanwhile Yoongi's attention is pulled away from what he was doing with the other guys, towards you. He noticed that you clearly weren't happy.

'Okay....well.....Thank you for telling me....' You say, in between sniffs, and then you hang up. You put your phone back in your pocket and just stand there, silently crying. Yoongi notices and comes over. As soon as he asks you what happened, you start sobbing. He simply hugs you close, shushing you and comforting you.

You stay that way for a good while, him just hugging you tight, comforting you, and trying to calm you down. Once you've calmed down he attempts to ask you what's wrong, but as soon as you start thinking about it again, you start crying again.
"(Y/N), please just calm down and tell me what happened, then I know how to help you..." he said holding your shoulders, and leaning down to look at you.
"But you can't... there's nothing you can do..." you say in between sobs. Yoongi looks concerned, but just pulls you into a hug again.

After hours of crying and sobbing, you're finally able to tell him what's wrong. You explain the whole situation to him. "Ok yeah that's sad and all but I don't think all this crying is justified by just a divorce. There must be more to it than that." He responds.
"There is... the problem is Oliver, my cousin. If he decides to live with his mother, I may never get to see him again..." you say, tearing up and your voice shaking.
"But surely..."suga responds, "would she really not let you see him?"
"No. Their relationship is very strained. She never wants to see any of us again." You clench your teeth, getting angry.
"So does your cousin really want to live with her? She doesn't sound like someone I would want to live with..."
"She moddycoddles him. She spoils him, she lets him do whatever he wants. He knows that if he lives with her that he'll get whatever he wants."
With that, suga just hugs you close again, understanding how difficult it must be.

You turn in for the night, since your exhausted from all the emotion and drama from that day. You lay in bed, still silently crying to yourself, but you don't get to sleep. By the time yoongi comes home, your still wide awake, lying there, still crying. He notices and comes and kneels in front of you next to the bed.
"Hey, it's okay..." he says, stroking your hair out of your face. "Everything's okay, I promise."
As much as you don't believe what he said, his comforting words helped you relax a little more.
"You should try and sleep. You must be exhausted." He says standing up and going to get ready to sleep himself. You really are trying, but it's hard when all you can think about is the fact that you might never see your cousin again. When he gets into bed, you immediately flip yourself over to face him, and pull him close. Usually yoongi doesn't really like cuddling when he's trying to sleep, but since it will help you sleep, he does it anyway. You snuggle into his chest, and his warmth mixed with the comforting words he whispers in your ear, make you fall asleep pretty much immediately.
————————————————————————
After discussing with yoongi, and all the production team on Bon Voyage, you come to the conclusion that you should go back home, and be with your family, so that you can spend time with your cousin before he decides who to live with. So, you get a plane ticket for the next plane to (your home country), and pack your things together, so you're ready to leave.

At the airport, the waterworks start again, and your feeling too many emotions. Your so sad to be leaving the boys, but also you know if you didn't, there would be a chance that you would never see your cousin again. They all gather round you in one big group hug before you leave, some of them even start crying too. Suga comes and gives you one last kiss before you leave. "It'll be ok, I promise." He says, gently cupping your face, and wiping away a tear with his thumb.
They're all waving as you walk the opposite direction, leaving you to go back home.

Aaaand that's the end cause this is getting hella long lol. To explain my lil note at the beginning, basically there is some tension between my uncle and his wife. We went on holiday with them to celebrate their anniversary, but they had quite a few arguments, and after over hearing a few conversations between my mum and my grandparents, it seems like they still have a lot of arguments. Thing is they also have a 2 year old son, my cousin. He's the first family member to be younger than me, and I love him a lot even though we rarely get to see him because they live so far away. There were a few times when I was thinking "what if they get a divorce" and it honestly scares me a bit. I don't want my cousin to have to go through that. Anyway I'm not gonna go into any more detail. If you've ever been affected by a divorce then my heart goes out to you. 💜