Taehyung- equestrian

I used to do horse riding when I was younger but I haven't done it in ages so sorry if there's anything in here that isn't correct or true-to-life. I miss horse riding so much 😭 I wanna do it again but it's too expensive and there aren't enough good stables near me rip. Hopefully one day I'll get to go again 🤞🏻

The sun was shining, and the grass was green. You were standing on the fence, watching your fellow competitors jumping over the numerous jumps, an excited smile on your face. You couldn't wait to get in there yourself. You were the national showjumping champion, meaning you got through to the international youth championships. The last rider finished, with a total of 2 faults, and a time of 64.82 seconds, and you clapped for their efforts, until you hear the next rider's name being called. "Kim Taehyung" and you can't stop your face from turning sour. He was your biggest rival. He just beat you, getting second in the internationals last year. He trots in on his horse, his nose held high as he gazes over the course, going over it one last time in his head. He goes up to a canter, and the bell rings, signalling him to start. He finishes the course perfectly with no faults and a record time of 37.59 seconds. You watch as he trots out of the ring, a smug smirk on his face, as he pats his horse's neck. You can't help but let your nose scrunch at the sight of him. Who does he think he is? By this point your manager had come over, calling you to get ready before its your turn. As you walk to your trailer, you see Taehyung leading his horse past you, and he smirks at you, and you just grimace and roll your eyes. 'Stuck-up ponce' you accidentally say out loud, under your breath.

"Come on (Y/N), you gotta get yourself together..." Your manager goes onto one of his pep talks, more like rants, and you just get onto your horse, and check everything over, making sure your stirrups are at a good length and your girth is tight enough. "...ok? You got this." Your manager finally ends his rant, patting your horse on its neck before you head off to the arena. You hear your name being called, and with that you trot into the ring, keeping your nose just as high as Taehyung's, gazing carefully at all the jumps, before pushing into a canter. Sure enough, tae is stood, leaning against the fence, watching your every move with a smirk. The bell rings, and you take one last deep breath before turning into the first jump. You lose any interest in anything else, and your focus is fully on the course. You and your horse fly over the jumps, not even touching a single one, and you smile with pride when you finish the course. Then you hear your time '38.83 seconds'. Damn it. Just 1.2 seconds slower than Taehyung. You trot out of the ring, giving your horse a pat on the neck, your pride fading slightly. Well at least I'll get second, You think.

Your manager meets you by your trailer, giving you the 'you did well' pep talk as he helps you untack your horse so you can spray him down with a hose after all that work. Just as your manager leaves you, you see someone walking up to you. You roll your eyes once you see who it is. Taehyung. In his fancy beige jodhpurs and polished black boots, holding his helmet in one hand, revealing his golden brown hair, and a big ol' smirk plastered across his face.

"oh hey Taehyung, well done for today." you say halfheartedly, grabbing the hose.

"you too." he says with that smirk "you and that horse of yours did well today."

"'that horse of mine' has a name." you say, turning on the hose, not even looking at Tae.

"Yeah, I know. Barney's a great name..." he smirks even more "for a school horse maybe." he sniggers.

"what are you even doing over here?" you ask, finally turning to face him. "Shouldn't you be with your own horse?"

"Na, I got other people to do that stuff for me..." he says, gesturing towards you, spraying Barney down with a hose.

"How can you even call yourself a horse rider if you don't even know how to look after your own horse?" You say, trying to hide your frustration. Wow, so he really is a ponce. He doesn't even care for his own horse.