Chapter 27

Let me know if anyone has made trailers for this book!!! I would love to see/post them!! (with credit, of course).

***

I felt the cool metal of the Beretta pistol sting my thigh. Sinister was being justifiably over protective at the moment, and handed me a thigh holster and a pistol.

"I'm right here, Cal. I won't let anything happen to you baby." He kissed the top of my head, holding my hand in his, as he brushed his thumb across my wedding ring.

I nodded, swallowing the fear that crept into my throat.

He gave me one last squeeze, before opening the doors to the dining hall.

Everyone was seated, conversing quietly with each other as if Luka wasn't a problem. Sasha and her mother were seated next to Sinisters father. Koda and Max talked quietly, sitting across from them. And Afanas sat next to Luka, his eyes staring daggers at him.

He looked like he was ready to shoot him. Sinister was no different, his hand tightened around mine as he made his way to the only 2 free seats at the table; next to Luka.

Luka stood, his eyes glinted mischievously as he motioned to the seat next to him.

"Calla, would you care to sit next to me?" His voice dripping with false sincerity.

"Nope." I retorted. As if it was my choice, Sinister's hand guided me, avoiding the seat next to Luka.

Fancy looking meals were already set out, it looked like meat and vegetables, but I wasn't hungry. That's how you know you're in deep shit; when you can't eat.

"Sinister, I'm so glad you and Ms. Levkin have decided to join us." Sinisters father spoke.

"Velkov, you mean." Sinister corrected, his face stone.

His father didn't say anything, instead he ate quietly.

"Luka I didn't even know you were here, it's been so damn long since I've seen you!" Sasha smiled, her platinum blonde hair fell down her frame in perfect ringlets. Her painted red lips forming into a smile as she addressed Luka. Almost as if she didn't know what he did to her father.

Maybe she doesn't know.

I glanced up at Sinister, but he shook his head slightly.

This family is so fucked up.

"I know, Sasha. I've been just soo busy running my own organization, as I'm sure you're well aware." His voice was smooth, and convincing. But his eyes were like snakes.

Sinister's mother looked uncomfortable, her kind features were replaced with a frown. Luka's visit had been a surprise to her too.

"So, Mrs. Levkin, tell me about yourself. What're your parents like?" Sinisters father asked, chewing slowly on his food as he watched my every move.

All eyes on the table turned to me and I cleared my throat uncomfterably.

"My, uh, parents died when I was young...and I don't talk to my brother anymore." My voice was soft and quiet, but the room was silent. You could hear a pin drop.

"I'm so sorry for your lo-" Katya mother started, but Sinisters father cut her off.

"How did they die?" He asked.

Sinisters mother looked shocked, "don't ask her that!" She whisper-yelled, her face flushing red with embarrassment.

Sinisters father looked unfazed as he waited for me to answer.