Chapter 47

I barked at a car this morning

:)

Also helloooooo 2 million :)

Calla's POV:

I heard screaming and shouting, so I figured that was my cue to come downstairs. I expected just as much, as I saw an entire fucking IKEA couch launched across the room.

Sinisters iced eyes were wide with fury, and I felt confusion flood my mind.

It had sounded like the whole interaction was going well, I hadn't heard gunshots for the past hour, so I assumed they were handling it like men.

"Hey!!!!" I screamed, watching as Sinister threw a skull-crunching punch towards Afanas, who barley ducked the blow.

Afanas's dark eyes were darting around the room, looking for any possible escape route. His eyes finally clashed with mine as he gave me a pleading look.

"Sinister! Hey big boy, the suns getting real low..." I said soothingly as I approached my furious husband. But I guess he's a little more angry than the Hulk.

He glanced at me, shoving past my tiny frame as he made his way towards Afanas who had his fists raised.

Sinister threw himself at Afanas, and both the men tumbled to the ground. The whole fucking house shook as they began throwing punches at each other.

I screamed for them to stop, I even jumped on Sinisters back, but I was hopelessly thrown off.

I huffed, pushing past a lock of black hair as I pulled my Glock .9mm from my waistband and fired two rounds off into the air.

As soon as the shots rang through the air, both men's attention turned to me, and the fighting ceased. Their expressions were surprised as the ringing slowly faded away.

"What the fuck is going on? I thought you guys made amends and calmed down!!" I yelled, still holding my gun in the air.

Sinisters expression tightened, "I had to get mad at him."

"Why?" I seethed.

Sinister stood up, "Because he made me think he was dead. I'm a shitty person who does shitty things...but I would never put my friends and family through that."

Afanas wiped a small river of blood away from the edges of his mouth, smearing dark red on the back of his hand. His dark eyes grazed the floor in shame.

Sinister muttered a few curses under his breath, collapsing onto the floor. His vibrant, cool eyes blinking rapidly as he clutched his hands together, attempting to calm himself down.

"Now that you boys have destroyed a living room, what's the plan?" I asked quietly, glancing between the two men.

Afanas held his head in his hands, "I can't go back. I'm finally happy, I can finally live a normal fucking life. I never wanted to hurt anyone, but I had to be selfish. I need to be selfish. I can't bring a child into a world of murder and guns. I never had a choice, but this baby will have one."

The room went silent. I knew what Afanas meant, I had thought about the same thing millions of times. Sinister and I could never have a kid. The second that precious little baby opens its eyes, it becomes property of the Russian Mafia.

Sinister owned the mob, he was the fucking Mafia himself. It was an expectation that if he were to provide an heir...it would take his place and run the mob one day.

The world is a cruel, ugly and horrible place. It's our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's not our job to decide our children's fate. It's our job to give our children a choice and a chance.

"I understand, Afanas." I said softly, my eyes watering over with such incredible emotion.

He looked up at me, his face growing soft as he smiled sadly at me.

I glanced at Sinister, whose face was chiseled into deep thought, his eyes glazed over in concentration as he stared off into space. He mindlessly traced the ink black tattoos that covered his hands, his ring glinting in the soft light.

"Okay." He finally said, his eyes meeting Afanas's.

Afanas smiled tightly, his eyes grazed past me as Rachel walked into the room.

She walked slowly towards Afanas, sitting close to him, her hands intertwining with his as she rested her head on his. Her green orbs flickered over to mine, before resting their gaze on the carpet in front of her.

"We're going to leave, and never speak a word of this. You are dead, Afanas. You died months ago. Rachel moved in with her mother, and is mourning the death of Afanas." Sinister said apprehensively, standing up and extending his hand.

Afanas grasped his hand, his eyes watered with sadness as they shook hands, an unspoken forgiveness rested in the air.

"We won't be able to see each other...not for a long time." Afanas said lowly, his eyes flickering over to mine.

I held back tears, racing over to him as I threw my arms around his neck. His breathing was tight and pained as he embraced me, his face buried into my neck. I felt a deep pool of sadness flow through me as I held him close to me, squeezing him tight with all of my strength.

"I love you, Afanas. You're going to make a great dad." I whispered through a small sob.

He gave me a final squeeze before letting me go, my heart hurt as I stepped away from him.

I turned my attention to Rachel, who held her belly with one hand, a lock of light brown hair fell into her eyes.

"Bye, Rach. I'm happy for you." I smiled tightly.

A tear fell down her cheek as she gave me a bear hug, her muscular arms were tight and bruising around my neck.

"Thank you, Calla. Thank you for giving me love." She whispered, so softly that I barely heard her. I gave her one last tight squeeze before turning around to face Sinister, who stood with his hand out.

I walked over to him, interlocking my hand with his, our marriage rings side-by-side as we stepped over the demolished couch and made our way towards the front door.

Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back. I pleaded with myself, tears welding in my eyes as Sinister and I walked past the door, hand in hand. Sebastian walking close behind us.

It hurt me more than anyone would ever know, to walk across that lawn and fight back that painful urge to look back. It tore apart my heart. Not for Rachel, but for Afanas.

We started our journey together, but now we're leaving the same way. A few months ago, I had believed we departed in some cruel and hurtful way. But now, I was at peace. Afanas was happy, and alive. He was going to be a father and spent the rest of his life with someone he truly loved. He was finally going to be happy, and that's all I've ever wanted for him.

"What the fuck?" Sinister stopped mid-stride, his eyes wide.

I followed his gaze to see the windows of SUV's we had arrived in, were completley smashed. All of the doors were wide open.

The three of us ran towards the car, as the scene before me grew clearer.

There was blood, and a lot of it. I followed Sinister and Sebastian's lead, and drew my gun from my waistband.

All of our guards were dead. Their bodies covered with bullet holes. Blood was splattered all over the interior of the car.

"What the fuck is going o--" I stopped as I felt the cool metal of a gun being put to my temple.

"Priyatno videt'Vas snova." A painstakingly familiar voice said from behind me. (It's nice to see you again).

He's back.

***

WHO IS IT?!?!