Chapter 14

"P-Paps. How did you get here? I thought you were eating with Mettaton and Sans?" I was terrified about that Papyrus heard me saying this name. He was standing between the trees and his tall stature made me tremble a little, because it doesn't look as friendly and open, as he usually was.

"Why do you know this name?" He stepped closer at me, with that scary aura, that made me stumble back at a tree, it stopped me to dodge more.

It may seem like a bad moment, but if he wants to fight you, you'll die. Please, let me have the permission of entering your soul, (Y/N). Please.

"B-but please, don't betray me." As I said that, I felt that glowing again, but this time it was a little different. I felt like something foreign slipped into my soul and it hurt. I was screaming. Really.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you and of course, I won't betray my host. But I will protect my host!" For the first time, I heard Gaster's voice with my ears. It was similar with the accent of Papyrus, but... The tune was as deep as Sans. I couldn't answer him with words or move anyhow, just thinking.

Don't hurt him. Don't hurt anyone without my permission!

"No worries, I won't kill my own son."

"Your 'son'? So, I guess... You are talking now. I... REALLY MISSED YOU, GASTER! I WAS SO WORRIED WHEN..." Papyrus went on screaming and shouting things at me, while rushing towards. I felt his warm hug and some tears were rolling down his skull on my face.

Wow, I expected another reaction now... I'm happy to see him like that.

"Yes, he still just sees the good thing in people."

"ARE YOU TALKING TO (Y/N) RIGHT NOW? WHY CAN YOU EVEN TALK THROUGH HER?! AND WHERE WERE YOU?" Fortunately, I could take control of my voice again and answer Papyrus a little, when Gaster interrupted me again. It was quite difficult for us both to speak separated and calmed, without taking the others place.

"So, you shouldn't tell Sans about it, Paps. Not yet. This will be our little secret, okay?"

"Yes, Papyrus. Please mind to keep this for you alone! It's really important!"

"OF COURSE! ME, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, IS THE BEST SECRET KEEPER OF THE WHOLE UNDERGROUND!" I felt tiredness rising in me, probably Gaster's entering was a lot more exhausting, than I thought. I poked Papyrus in the side and stretched out my arms, so he could pick me up. Paps understood me and a few moments later I was laying in his bony arms.

"What do we say to Sans? Paps, please don't make it too obvious! The word 'Gaster' and 'scientist' mustn't come out of your mouth." Paps nodded and started to march through the snow, in the direction back to Snowdin. While that it has been started to snow very powerful. I grabbed the red scarf of Paps and hid me behind of it, anyhow my trembles grew stronger every minute.

You're cold? May I'll warm you up?

By using your magic?

Yes.

So... Could I use your magic? Like the Gaster blaster?

Hm... you could but... If you do, our souls would mix and... You would change into a Gaster and (Y/N) mixture. And then, we couldn't separate ourselves anymore. But if I just use it, your soul will mix with me a little, but... it's removeable.

Oh. I feel your warmth now. Thanks, Gaster.

Just take it for granted.

We passed the Snowdin sign with the colorful light bulbs and the first house appeared in my sight. In my mind popped a thought out and I shared it with Gaster and Papyrus.

"Can we go eat something in Grillby's? I'm hungry and maybe Sans is there too?" I looked curious at Paps, he seemed to think about it and then he smiled at me.

"I THE GREAT PAPYRUS WOULD LOVE TO! And what does 'You-know-who' say about it?"

I agree. I'm looking forward to a tasty burger of an old acquaintance. I told Paps what Gaster said and so he brought me to Grillby's. I could see my chubby boyfriend sitting at the bar and drinking his ketchup, without paying Grillby anything.

"SANS! What a happy coincidence! Yo, Paps... Is Mettaton gone now??"

"HELLO BROTHER! Yes, he is." I felt much better, when I heard that. Paps let me down on a chair next to Sans and then he sat next to me, ordered a hot chocolate-milk.

"For me a burger please! Thank you!" The flame head nodded and began to make Pap's chocolate-milk and my burger, I watched him a little, when Sans softly laid a hand on mine.

"So, ya feel better? Man, you scared me to the bone."

God, his jokes are worser than ever... I had to laugh about Gaster's comment, luckily, Sans thought I would laugh about his joke.

"Oh Paps. Thank you that you carried me the way back here, I think I would've been lost without you!" I turned to Paps, who was slurping out his chocolate-milk and soon my burger was set in front of me. I could feel Gaster's feelings sparkling excited in me and so did my eyes.

"Ya want some ketchup, Bonehead?" Sans reached me one of his ketchup bottles, I agreed but checked first if the top was screwed on properly. Because... You know what could happen, don'tcha?

The burger tasted really good! Maybe because Gaster influenced my thoughts, but at least it covered my hunger. Papyrus seemed to be very quiet, when I looked at him.

I think he's screaming your name every moment, Gaster.

Obviously, yes... We have to get in his house fast.

"HEY, PAPS! LET'S GO HOME AND LOOK ONE OF YOUR SERIES." I wanted to tear Paps with me, out of the restaurant, but he was too distracted by keeping his mouth shut, so I couldn't move him in any way.

"Bro, what's wrong?" You seem really upset. Tell me." Sans turned to us and was expecting an answer. I waited for Paps to scream through the whole restaurant, that Gaster was in me and then Sans would... what would he possibly do to me?

Maybe try to absorb me.

"Sans. Could you teleport us home? I think Paps catch a cold." With this fabulous and saving idea, I could persuade Sans to teleport us home and Paps reassured fast. When Sans made a cup of tea for his brother, I and Paps were sitting on the couch.

We weren't talking or stuff, we just watched some TV. After a while, I touched his skull and it surprised me, that he was hot.

He really catched a flu.

Tell him to go to bed and sleep. That's the best thing we can do in the moment, maybe you can visit Alphys tomorrow and gather some medicine. I knew it was too much for him, damnit.

"Paps, you should get some rest. I'm afraid you're really sick!"

"Well... I think you're right. See you tomorrow and... Sorry for almost telling the secret." His voice sounded very weak and he stumbled every step, almost fell on the floor. With a guilty feeling, I stood up and lead him up to his room.

"I'm going to tell Sans, that you're in your bed. No worries, I'll come back just in a moment, Paps." As I stepped out of Paps room, Sans was coming in the living room with the tea. I waved at him, to get his attention and then I told him about not to disturb Paps, because he was taking a rest now. And that he asked me to tell him a lullaby.

"Oh okay. Would you hang out with me after that?" I nodded and rushed back into Paps room.

"I'm going to read you a lullaby, son."