Chapter 17

After Gaster and (Y/n) teleported themselves away, Sans was left alone in the secret laboratory. The moment was surprising for him, all this came out of nowhere!

'This is the worst day in my life, tho' He thought and anger rose in him, so he started to stamp around in the lab, thinking about how stupid (Y/n)'s decision was. Before he could possibly damage something, he suppressed the desire of shooting with his blaster and deactivated his glowing blue eye.

After a while, he entered the office of him and spotted the jacket of her. With a rough gesture, he picked it up and stared at it a few seconds, then he threw it on his desk, ignoring the crashing sound of something solid touching the hard table surface.

With a growl he whipped out his phone and opened the monitoring system app. It was connected to every camera in the underground, so he could find (Y/n) faster. After a few slides to another camera, his doing was interrupted by a stuttering person in the door frame.

"S-sans? Where's (Y/n)?" Sans turned around, but avoided eye contact with Alphys, while scrolling through the several cameras.

"If I had this knowledge, I wouldn't be here anymore." He hissed at her, what made her twitch.

"Sorry for being here, I'm just trying to help! And it would be much easier for me, if you could answer my question NICE not RUDE!" Sans noticed, that Alphys grew angry too, so he pulled himself together and calmed down.

"I'm sorry Alphys. I'm just so... ngh! SO ANGRY AT HER! I mean... it's like she betrayed me with Gaster!" Sans slammed his phone onto the office table and buried his face moaning in his hands. With a last long and deep sigh, he let his anger escape.

"S-so... that means G-Gaster is in h-her soul, i-isn't he? W-why are you even s-so upset? It's n-not like she cheated o-on you... D-don't assume this to her!" Alphys gathered a chair, that stood nearby and signalized Sans to do the same.

"Why I'm so upset?! He's a fuckin psycho bastard! He hurt and killed people, like me and Papyrus! Our hand plates! Look at'em, such a damn bullshit!" He waved with his hand. On it where the left over from some screws, that were once locked a metal plate on his bony hand. Alphys raised nervous her arms and could manage Sans to stop shouting around.

"Okay, okay. I got it. But, just for a second: Try to think a bit rational. He did NOT kill (Y/n), he could've done it. You know this! He just could've stolen her soul, it would be much easier than this way, he chooses now. All the time, he just 'lived' in her soul and... I really have to admit this: It looked like he protected her!"

It was quiet. Sans seemed to breed about some thoughts and Alphys waited nervous for an answer.

"Well... It would make sans... Maybe I should talk to her and Gaster. I'm such an idiot!" Sans agreed the opinion of Alphys and so, he grabbed (Y/n)'s jacket and his phone. With a thankful grin, he teleported out of the lab right next to an echo flower. It was a rough landing, because he wasn't that focused as usual.

"Ouch! Shit that hurts!" Sans rubbed his spine, then looked around. The echo flower was glowing a little bit and emerged the place in a mysterious atmosphere. When he just could lay here with (Y/n), she would've told him so many puns and...

*sigh* Sans really regretted what he said to her and he realized again, that he should talk to her. So, he picked up his phone and selected the number of (Y/n). A few moments later, a ringing tone was hearable.

'No, I ain't too flawless. And no, I ain't your best. And no, I don't say sorry and no I ain't perfect, but I am the man!' Sans listened chuckling to the sound, then he stopped calling her. The phone interface disappeared and in the next second a picture of Grillbz and Sans appeared on the screen.

"Sup, Grillbz?! Yo, listen I'm very busy at the mo... What? (Y/n) ... is with you? HOLD ON!" Sans snapped with his fingers and in the next moment he was in Grillby's in front of the counter. He still held the phone at his skull and looked at Grillbz, who stood surprised behind the counter.

"So, where is she?!" Grillbz sighed and pressed on the hang up button.

"Come with me, she's in the back room. Oh, and please... Don't shout at her. She begged me to not call you, but I couldn't help it. Her HP is very low, I think it was like 2 or 2.5." As Sans heard this, his soul wandered in his pants. Fast he pushed Grillbz into his back room and spotted his pale and coughing girlfriend, sitting in an old red armchair.

"S-Sans... Grillbz! You promised me not to!" Her voice was quiet and croaky, Sans hit a second shock when he heard this.

"B-Bonehead. What happened to you?!" Sans rushed up to her and embraced her tightly, he almost began to cry.

"Sans. Sans, you aren't angry anymore?... I LOVE YOU, SANS! PLEASE BELIEVE ME! I really want to be together with you! I don't want it to be over!" The words burst out of her and her hands clawed into Sans jacket.

"I'm leaving now. I guess, it's non-of my business anymore." Grillbz said. Sans thanked him a few more times, but everyone could tell, that his attention was definitely just on (Y/n).

"What made you change your mind?" Did (Y/n) ask, when Sans finally snuggled behind her and she was wrapped in his Arms. With a soft wink over her head, Sans checked for her HP and he was really startled, when he saw, she only got 1 HP left.

"U rly wanna know it? Alphys. And her arguments. And ya, I'm rly a stupid brat." (Y/n) grabbed Sans hand and kissed it. She seemed to be very happy, that Sans changed his mind and choose to talk to her instead.

"You're not. I am. But still, I'm confident, that this wasn't a bad decision! Gaster is a nice person! He's always trying to protect me and..."

"Yes, about that... I would like to ask u or him some questions... but. No, u need to rest. I'm teleporting us into my room, 'cause all I want now is laying next to u and just feel u."

"This sounds wrong, Sans." This voice let Sans twitch and (Y/n) started to laugh softly.

"Gaster, leave us alone! It's like Sans is flirting with you..."

*All three making a puking noise*

"Okay, see you TOMORROW!"

"Sans, wassup? You look like you've seen a gast-er."

"Oh yes, I fuckin missed that! And now sorry, Gaster, but I have to!" Sans catched (Y/n)'s head and pressed his teeth on her lips.