Chapter 16

Gaster, get us away from here! (Y/N) thought intensively. Gaster had taken the whole control over her body, so all she could do was thinking and begging.

But if I'm teleporting you now, the risk is bigger, that we probably get mixed together. Gaster wasn't really into her idea and hesitated at first, but when Sans activated his blasters, he finally snapped his fingers and teleported himself and (Y/N) away.

With a loud crack in her spine, (Y/N) dropped onto a wooden floor in a house.

Her hot breath turned into tiny white clouds, which floated softly up and disappeared.

A loud groan escaped (Y/N)'s body, when she raised her head and started to examine the room. Some wooden walls cut off the sight to the outside, just through some small holes, she was able to see the white snow. She has to be in some part of Snowdin, or maybe in the forest nearby, because the house was looking like a very old tree house.

"Gaster, where are we?" With a slight starting shiver, (Y/N) slid to one of the four walls and snuggled deeper into her hoodie. Because of the sudden leave, she didn't manage to take her jacket with her, it was probably still laying in Gaster's office.

I think you could know this place. It's the tree house of Sans and Papyrus, in the big forest nearby Snowdin, as you expected. I don't know why, it just popped into my mind and Sans won't find us this fast here...

(Y/N) sighed and her thoughts started to overflow her head again. The tantrum of Sans, the unreachable solution for Gaster and with time... the icy cold, that crept into her limbs.

Or bones...

Sans would've liked this one.

I guess, but now he's really angry at me. Jeez, this holydays in the underground aren't really nice 'til now. And soon I have to go back...

Right... That was something I had to talk about with you. Your world, it is different to the surface 'we' know. It's possibly another dimension, and because of this... There is a problem now. When you slept, I breed about your world and what the consequences are, that you've left your dimension. It's a bit difficult to explain but... When you left your world, there was like a vacuum. A tiny piece was missing and the world broke apart in itself. The certain atoms couldn't fill...

Gaster, what's your point?! Slowly (Y/N) closed her eyes and focused her attention in her inside. Whenever she did this, mostly when she and Gaster were talking to each other, both were placed in a dark room, with only one bright light over their heads. Right now, it was happening.

Okay, it's much more difficult to say it directly...

Probably your whole world doesn't exist anymore.

It seemed like the heart of (Y/N) had stopped beating. She gasped silenced and stumbled backwards on the ground. With widened eyes and an opened mouth, some louder growing sobs escaped out of her body.

M-my whole family... I-is...

Dead.

(Y/N)'s head dropped into her hands, with several rubs she tried to realize and understand what was going on. She could feel, that Gaster took the control over her body again. She was unable to move in real life, but in imagination she slipped slowly into an emotional outburst.

H-how long did you know this? And why... w-why didn't your world disappear, when you or the others left? The feeling of emptiness teared (Y/N) down and she was laying on the cold ground in her imagination.

I just figured it out, when you were distracted by doing a research. I was a little irritated, that your world didn't know us, just as a video game. And my thoughts lead me to... the conclusion that your world isn't our surface. Maybe it's another surface from another underground, but it wouldn't make any sense to me. Because as you asked me, why didn't our world disappear... I guess it's because, we have several copies of our real world and when one of 'us' is missing, the other 'AU's' are enough to keep the balance of the whole world. But, when your world doesn't have any other copies, then this, what I told you, would possibly happen to it.

THIS ISN'T REASSURING MY SADNESS! (Y/N) shouted at him, tears were running over her face and her eyes were swollen red. Gaster was overwhelmed with the whole situation, so he floated to gently down to her and wrapped his arms around her.

(Yes, he wasn't melting in her mind, because it is

I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N. He looked quite normal.)

I'm sorry. Please, don't cry, it's going to be alright. I know, it doesn't seem like it right now, but... Oh my... you're really cooled down, aren't you?!

Gaster felt the shivers of (Y/N) and soon some white clouds left her mouth. Her breath grew weaker every second and the shivers got stronger.

You can't warm me up, right? We have to look for a warm place.

I could take control over your body and walk to Grillby's. I wouldn't feel much of the coldness, you just have to tell me, if you can't take it anymore.

Would be nice of you, I guess... But please don't lie to me either. Stop it, when you can't take it anymore, promise?

I'm always underestimating you.

I'm not allowed to sleep, am I?

Definitely not. Are you tired? (Y/N) sighed and starting to nibble her hand. Gaster watched her a little while, asking himself, what she was doing. But soon, he decided to move on and so he slipped back into reality.

As soon as he had the full control over her body, he understood how cold it was. With a short cursing thought, he damned his idea to teleport (Y/N) here. Some soft mumbles of (Y/N), reassured him again and he praised Asgore for the kindness of (Y/N).

Slowly he moved forwards, while starting to fold and unfold her fingers and toes, so he could warm up (Y/N)'s body. The tree house wasn't really high, but Gaster reminded, that he wasn't the best climber anymore.

You got this, 'old man'. Did (Y/N) stutter, her voice was so soft, it sounded like she would fell asleep every minute. Gaster knew he had to hurry...