Chapter 24

"SEE YOU LATER, MY FRIENDS! OH, AND INK, SEE YOU TOMORROW!" Papyrus, Sans and (y/n) were saying goodbye to their friends. The Fells just disappeared in their portal and the Swaps in another. Ink catched his brush and created a new portal, he waved at them and disappeared in it.

"Wow... That was a really exhausting." (y/n) sighed and stepped back in the house, Sans and Papyrus followed her. At this morning, they ate tacos and spaghetti, Sans had a small discussion with Edge and Red, finally Edge promised not to do 'it' anymore in this house. When (y/n) later talked to Red, he apologized many times and explained to her, that his brother would rape him, but since yesterday, Edge would be much gentler.

"Yep. Definitely... So, watcha doin today, Bonehead?" All three pounded on the couch and Papyrus zipped the TV on, Sans turned to (y/n) and waited excited for an answer.

"Well... Alphys spoke to me yesterday and I should come to the laboratory today. She wants to give me a potion against my ears and my tail, so I could reach my human form again. I'm excited! Wanna come with me?" (y/n) looked approving at her phone, jumped up immediately and sprinted up to Sans' room.

"NYEHEHE... I THINK SHE'S LATE. SO, YOU GOING TO JOIN HER, BROTHER? SHOULD WE LATER MEET IN GRILLBY'S?" A little surprised, Sans nodded and got up too. He waited patiently at the entrance for (y/n), when she rushed down, wearing a new skirt and one of his jackets.

"See you later, Paps!"

"See ya at Grillbz, Bud!" Then both left the house and walked convenient in the direction of the River Guy. With his shrill voice, he invited Sans and (y/n) onto his boat and seconds later they slithered over the river.

"Tralala~!" While Sans enjoyed the ride, he lend an arm around his girlfriend. Apparently, she was in thoughts and twitched a little by his touch, but smiled in love at Sans.

"Is something up, Sansy?" She mumbled flirty and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Uh... Nothin... Just adorin my Bonehead." He chuckled a little, let his eyes wander down at her body and immediately stopping by her chest. Something was glowing in a weird color, probably her soul, but... It shouldn't be glowing in a normal situation.

"We're here! Tralala~!"

"Thank you, River Guy!"

Later in the lab:

"O-okay, (y/n). N-now relax and i-inhale deeply, I-I have to l-look at your s-soul. M-maybe checking your e-ears and t-tails too." (y/n) laid on a lounge, this time not in the secret lab and Alphys was just taking her soul out. With a deep inhale, (y/n) waited for Alphys to take her soul out of her body. She had to growl a little, then the pain was gone.

"Holy... What the hell's up with her soul, Alphys?" (y/n) opened scared her eyes to look at her soul and she noticed, the unnatural glow of it. Her human soul was actually (f/c) at first, but when they separated it and add another soul, the upside-down heart changed color.

"W-well... I don't k-know. B-but, you know surely, t-that a monster's soul is only glowing, when..." Alphys cut her words off and looked questioningly to Sans, this one just nodded. On his face was a slight blue blush visible.

"When? When does that happen?" (y/n) was growing curious, but Sans muted and Alphys continued to check her soul.

With a pout, (y/n) let all that happen and after that, Alphys went out to get the potion.

Sans sat the whole time on a chair, next to (y/n)'s lounge and stroke softly over her head. He was obviously thinking, soon he accidentally teared a little too much at a strand of her. (y/n) squeaked in pain and pushed Sans hand away.

"Oh, sorry, Bonehead. I've just got a skele-ton of thoughts."

"What did you think about?" (y/n) grabbed Sans hand and started to play with the several bones, Sans watched her satisfied and, on his face, appeared a lovely grin.

"Mainly, you." He earned a soft punch between his rips and after a quick kiss on his teeth. Before (y/n) could reply something, Alphys entered the room with three smoking tea cups. She handed one to Sans and one to (y/n), the last one for her.

"Oh no, wait! T-this one i-is for (y/n)!" Fast, Alphys changed the cups of Sans and (y/n) again, both eyed each other suspicious. But (y/n) was brave enough to take a first sip, Sans followed her hesitantly.

"So, Alphys, will this potion work right after I drank it or...? And does it hold on forever?" While sipping at her cup, (y/n) felt her ears again and again, checking if they're already gone. Alphys giggled a little.

"T-the potion will work, w-when you t-take a warm shower. And its n-not permanently, b-but you can take it a-again, if you w-want to. The e-endurance is like... 24 h." (y/n) nodded fascinating, drank out her whole cup and put it on the board, that Alphys carried earlier.

"And if it doesn't work? Is it dangerous?"

"Sans, it seems, today you're a little more worried than ever. Is something wrong?" With a nervous laughter, Sans played his worries down and finished drinking his tea too.

"I-if its d-doesn't w-work, t-there will be n-no side effects. C-call me, i-if a problem s-shows up!" Sans and (y/n) said goodbye and left the laboratory.

"Bonehead, let's walk up to the waterfalls. I wanna... tell you somethin." A bit curious, (y/n) nodded. A while, the two just walked silent next to each other, thinking about the other person. Then suddenly, (y/n) touched Sans at his shoulder and caused him to stumble a few steps aside. He stared at her confused, but she just smiled and ran towards.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, LAZYBONES!" Sans needed some seconds, before he got, that (y/n) wanted to play catch, but he rushed after her, trying to get his hands on her. With loud giggles and many stumbles, the both raced through the wet caves. Passing blue echo flowers, that repeated the giggles and screams of both, what turned the atmosphere into an echoing mess.

"GOTCHA!" (y/n) was just examining the environs, when Sans jumped unexpected out of a bush and overthrew her. She slipped backwards and landed into a water source in the ground.

(y/n)'s body felt the ice-cold water, she opened numbed her eyes, just to see Sans floating unconscious in the blue liquid. Out of his mouth were coming some air-bubbles (though, he didn't even have lungs XD), his eyes closed. Panicked, (y/n) swum closer to him and tried to push him up to the surface of the water, but he was too heavy for her. With shaking and yelling underwater, she tried to get him awake. She almost choked, because of the liter of water, she just swallowed, when Sans finally came back.

He grabbed (y/n) by her wrists, catapulted themselves up and landed weak on his feet.

"S-SANS! *cough* Are... *cough* Are you okay?!" In her voice was guilt and worry, Sans sat down onto the ground and coughed a few times. (y/n) still on his lap, everything was soaked in this cold water, so (y/n) pressed her cooling body near Sans'. For a while, she kept her eyes shut, damned herself, for her stupid idea, then opened her eyes again. She wanted to apologize, when she noticed the changed face of Sans.

"Ah... shoot it! That was cold!" With widened eyes, (y/n) glared further at Sans. This one noticed and grinned asking.

"Sans... you... uh... um... you. Human."