Three.

𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙
- 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗿𝗱

"A holiday?!" Maisie almost screeches looking severely pissed off. I know how absurd it sounds, especially since we're two very busy people. Not only is there the absurdity of the holiday...but her album is due to come out within the next several months. Truthfully I think that a holiday is the perfect thing for us as a couple, plus we can get to know each other better. Away from the music industry.

   I'm never going to fully admit it, but I feel like I barely know her. Like really know her. "Maze-" before I can say anything on the subject she cuts me off.

   With her hands tightly placed on her thin hips she looks down at me, while I sit on the corner of her bed looking up at her. "Don't fucking Maze me. For the past few days we've been working our butts off...and for what?" We got is half a song...a unfinished demo basically. That's still good at the end of the day, even if there's no chorus at the moment.

   I also know that Mark is currently working on the beats and production side. Hopefully that'll be finished after we come back from the getaway. Mark only reasoned with me since I said I'll give him some extra cash. I literally had to buy him into liking mine and Maisie's song. Apparently he is going to 'Bastille-ify' it. I only agreed because I want to get this collaboration finished. I know Maisie is proud of this song, she is dying to release new content as much as I am at this stage.

   "The demo will be finished by the time we're back. Who knows...we might have time to...you know...record some more vocals." Maisie rolls her eyes before taking her hands away from her hips and holding her head into the palm of her hand. "What's wrong?" I have to ask...there's something clearly up with her. She looks...stressed out. More so than usual.

   "What's wrong is that I thought working with my boyfriend would be fun but all we've done is argue or mess around. There's no fucking in between. The shittiest thing out of all of this is that...you don't even like my work." I go to deny. Only because I don't want her feeling bad about anything. She's a great singer and her style is amazing. I just don't think our writing styles or voices go together...

   "I saw you pay Mark off. I heard the term 'Bastille-ify'...what the fuck does that even mean?!" I know she wants to impress me. And I think that is the most sweetest thing a girl has done for me, I guess that it shows she cares about me in the same way I care about her. We have this Romeo and Juliet kind of love...the weird kind.

   I awkwardly look away, "I don't know what that means." I lie. It probably means him adding my vocals from another depressing song...into this lovesick song.

   "I'm sorry, okay. I love your voice and I think your work is fucking genius." Weird way to put it there, Dan. But okay...fine. Whatever. "Really?" Maisie softly whispers as her blue eyes glass up like she's about to break into tears. I stand up and wrap my arms around her nodding my head. "Really." I sternly whisper back as I hold her in my arms.

   "I've got to tour, Dan." Maisie proceeds to whisper because of the now quiet atmosphere. "Cancel it. It's easy, you've got to trust me on that one. You might feel guilty at first, but then you'll realise that you need a break." I guess I should've just cut to the point and say that 'taking a two week break isn't the end of the world, even if it sometimes feels that way...it isn't.' But I don't say anything.

   Maisie is still relatively new to the music industry, although she's wrapped up more loyal fans than Bastille ever could within such a short time. Obviously she has good knowledge of the music industry. Not to mention her first EP is still high up in the charts after a couple of weeks of it being out

   "Where could we even possibly go?" Maze asks looking fairly curious. "Amsterdam or Italy maybe? Somewhere near...but not here?" Just somewhere for us to forget about our priorities and schedules for a little while.

   Maisie crosses her arms and slightly leans forwards, she looks tired and unhappy. "What's wrong?" With that my girlfriend breaks a weak smile. It's not a genuine smile either. "This isn't what I was expecting when the label told us to work together..." I nod my head in agreement. I feel the same way, but I'm not going to tell her that.

"Let's go on holiday, get completely shit faced and...make a mistake or fifty." With that Maisie leans her her on my shoulder just like this earlier. However, this time we don't say anything else.

   Quietly, I put my arm around her waist and hug into her. We stay frozen in our exact spot on the edge of the bed. It's the most calmest we've probably felt since Friday...or whenever our last night not working tirelessly in One Eyed Jacks was.