Thirty-Six.

𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨
    - 𝗞𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗱

~ April 1st 2019 ~

   "I can't believe I'm here again." Maisie whispers under her breath as she looks around the studio. Nothing at all has changed since her sudden departure last year. I guess it's just the nostalgia of us locked up in this studio, day after day, which is affecting her.

   I know for sure that the nostalgia affected me too when we called it quits.

I just couldn't stop thinking about her. The kisses in between lines...our makeshift bed on the bean bags upstairs. We fit each other like the best kind of sweater. I guess why being apart from her sucked so fucking much?

   I follow her blue's as they look in the direction of the glass vocal booth. She spent hours in there trying to perfect her vocals. "I can't do this." She whispers while she looks at me anxiously. I'm not pressuring her...but I'm not telling her that she should give up either. "Yes you can...the other day you admitted to me that you sung." It's kind of a big deal for a woman who was ever so passionate about leaving the industry to become a full time mother.

   "Yeah Dan. I fucking sung. I didn't say that I want to create new songs..." I smile while Maisie looks up with me with her arms tightly folded. She looks like a primary school child - a spoiled one - to say the very least.

"You have so much energy in you that when Bee comes you're gonna be devastated that you did nothing useful with it." Maisie's eyes widen. She looks completely ducking offended and now I feel really bad.

"I'm seven fucking months pregnant Dan" - Maisie thankfully laughs in disbelief - "I've moved house, I'm always baking and making things...I've done more this year than you ever have in your whole entire life." I can't help but fucking laugh. My whole body leans forwards...probably because it knows that Maisie's statement is true.

"Anyway. As much as I love singing...you know exactly what I sing about." Maisie...sing about very sexual things and puts them in this...lullaby. To be honest I've never heard anything quite like it. She might've created a whole new music genre without knowing. It's definitely way more advanced than pop. It's catchy...but her voice belongs in the alternative.

"And?" Maisie then shrugs. "And if we was ever happen to break up again I've learned that writing songs about my boyfriend and then forced to listen to them everywhere I go...it's really is a fucking hard thing to do." I've never had that problem. Mainly because my ex's never listened to Bastille free willingly and that Bastille aren't a big enough band to even be played in the supermarket let alone 'everywhere'.

Admittedly when I did hear Flowerbed I turned it off or whatever. I chose not to listen because I was a fucking arsehole who listened to his brain more than his heart. No wonder why my logic made no sense.

"You just need to find something else to write and sing about." Maisie smiles slightly and shakes her head. "No one is going to want me singing about Bee. I mean as much as that sounds incredible and perfect - I just..." Maisie's voice trails off as she shrugs her shoulders back.

"No one is going to want to here this side of me...you know. They want fucking ballads like Flowerbed or stuff like that stupid fucking EP I put out. Oh my god Dan. I feel so fucking childish...I have to contact Virgin and get them to take off the EP." She's matured too. I mean - the titles of her EP was...a little...self explanatory...

   Nearly all of those songs was about me

Nearly all of those songs was about me...two of those was about Maisie. I mean I was thrilled to hear that she was writing about me - but then when I saw the titles and the lyrics...I might've accidentally hated on it a little too soon. I didn't tell Maisie though. It wasn't until a private listening party...where I completely fell head first over her voice.

It wasn't until that moment when I was honoured to be the first part of her discography.

"Why do you want Virgin to take it down?" Honestly...sure Maisie has gotten even more wise in the motherhood department - but her logic can be a bit off. She has the case of 'baby brain', I don't know what that means but I just nod my head and agree with her.

Maisie stands opposite me with her arms crossed on top of her bump. "Because the titles are inappropriate. When Bee gets older she is going to see them and listen to them and...I'm not proud of them. We're her parents and she doesn't need to listen to...songs about us fucking." Okay...she has a point there.

   "I would've thought you're going to raise Bee up bohemian?" I put my arm around her shoulder as we slowly walk through the main part, minding Woody's drum set he was in the middle of setting up, and towards the computer part.

   Maze cracks a smile as she pushes her long brown hair behind her ears, still with one hand holding her bump. "I mean...nope. We live in a digital world. I'll turn comments and replies off obviously. No negativity, I'll raise her up that it's okay not to reply or see what people write about her. Wish my parents got to live a little longer so they told me that..." she means well.

"You should write a song about Bee...forget what anybody else says. Publish it on Soundcloud if you have too." So what. I'm a desperate boyfriend needing new music. So fucking what.

"Fine" - she sternly says - "I'm not going by Daisychains anymore. That's in the past." I nod my head, even though that feels like a drastic move. I don't think she named herself Daisychains it because she liked making them...I think she named herself that in grief of her sister. Not unless is Daisy inspired her with that daisy chain she left her?

"Okay..." I smile while holding open the glass door for her. "No more Daisychains." Well that was the end of the shortest ever era...