Seventy-Nine.

~ December 26th 2020 ~
Maisie's point of view

"Hey..." Kyle smiles as I walk into the bathroom while he is taking a bubble bath. I can't help but smile while I open up the bathroom mirror and take out my tooth brush and toothpaste. "Hey..." I say back.

"Did you hear about the news?" I shake my head while I squeeze the white minty paste onto my purple toothbrush. "What news?" I casually say while brushing my teeth. Admittedly I haven't brushed them since Christmas Eve morning. We're meant to enjoy the holidays.

"Dan and Lana are parents." He always was a parent. "Oh...that's nice." Wait. Why am I acting like a bitch? Lana doesn't deserve that. "Sorry" I apologise - probably sounding like one of them - "I mean...what're their names? Do you know yet?" Dan smiles nodding his head. "Dan texted me this earlier and told me before they're going to publicly post about it. Holly and Jack." No way!

They're very cute names I suppose. I don't know what I was expecting.

"Yeah. They're healthy and happy. Dan joked that he thinks he and Lana 'broke' them. They don't cry and sleep through the night." I place a hand on my heart in awe, while trying not to puke at the strong toothpaste taste. Ew.

"And..." Kyle's voice trails off. "There's an and?" I joke while Kyle's reflection in the mirror rolls his eyes back. "And they're now engaged." Wow. They're tKing things fast.

I thought Kyle giving me a present of apartment keys yesterday was rushed. "I bet you any money as soon as they'll be able to fuck again she's going to get pregnant." Kyle bursts out laughing. I mean it's true. They're...that type of couple. "Dan's already told everyone that these are the couples last. Don't know what that means...maybe he is getting a mastectomy or something?" I shake my head. I don't think Dan will ever get that done.

"They're getting married and we're only just moving in together..." Ky says, but he doesn't sound happy. I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and rinse it with cold water. "What's up?" I say after dabbing my mouth with the towel. Kyle this time doesn't hold back. "Will's finally get married...now Dan is. And I've just got my girlfriend to move in with me." I shrug my shoulders back.

   "Will had to wait a long time before he proposed. Don't worry about it." I say before scrubbing my face with moisturiser. "Yeah I know. I'm not complaining. I just...wish I met you first instead of Dan." Kyle's always been there. He was at the January party I was at. Admittedly he was with his girlfriend but...he was there.

"Me too." I whisper before me and Kyle give each other that sad - but - reassuring smile.

At least we have each other now.