Thirty-One.

𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪
- 𝗜𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻𝘀

~ 21st February 2019 ~

"So last night...I was...thinking about us." Maze whispers white she clasps her mug tightly. I don't know where the teacups was so I dumped her hot chocolate in the massive sports direct mug. I figured out she can't moan about it because she's drinking for two. "Us?" Last time I checked there was no us.

Maisie nods her head as she falsely smiles. She's curled up on the sofa covered in blankets, my duvet from off of the bed, and pillows, she won't admit it but I guess she did catch a cold. I tried warning her. She's been coughing all morning. I gave her one of my hoodies. The one that she's wearing right now is my favourite. It's my purple/green one...also one of my more expensive ones.

"I know we both have feelings for each other and I know that sounds stupid. I know. I never would've thought I'd ever say that...especially when so many single mothers in Italy told me it's better to be a single parent." I can't help but smile. I mean I'm smiling because I think I know where this conversation is going to go.

"But I also know that my ex is a fucking asshole when it comes to my Bee." She doesn't mean to smile...but she said Bee. She's obviously feeling the movement again. "And I can't have negativity around my little girl. Because...I just can't. I know what it's like to have family members hate you."

She needs to tell me everything about her past. Maybe that's where we went wrong? I know it was my fault - but Maisie was a bit of a bitch too.

"I don't hate Bee." With that Maisie puts her mug down on the table while she is completely wide eyed. I wasn't expecting myself to say that either. "Last night you wasn't the only one who was thinking about something..." I wasn't thinking about Maisie for the first time in forever - I was thinking about our daughter.

   Maisie then laughs. "You wanna be Bee's daddy now you felt her? Typical you." I shake my head. There's far more reasons than Bee ever so gently pressing...her legs or whatever against my hand. Considering that her bump isn't that big I'd say that last night I might've imagined feeing that anyways.

   "You're right about one thing you said - she is just a baby after all. A innocent baby who deserves a loving father."

   The only other reason was because Maisie last night told me that my daughter is like me. My unborn daughter...is like...me. Everything about that sentence seems absurd. But I'm taking Maisie's word for it. I did hear her mumble to herself last night to 'stop being naughty'. I didn't know whether she was awake or not, I mean...she's sleep talked before.

What hits home is that Maisie - when we was together. always told me stop moving around, one night she even pushed me out of bed because I was annoying her. "So let's say...if me and you maybe did get back together...you wouldn't freak out again because of our tiny human?" Okay when she puts it like that I do feel guilty for being an actual knob.

"No. I wouldn't." With that Maze smiles...a teenage girl smile. I seem thousands of them at every gig. Of course none of them are pretty - or old enough - just like Maisie's. Her cheeks blush pink and she looks the other way for a couple of seconds.

"Was that a hint that we're...a thing?" I need official clarification.

Maisie then looks at me and smiles. "I've...really missed you." With that I sit down on the sofa next to her and...I kiss her. A full blown kiss. Because it's Maisie...she has this chapstick she keeps on her at all times...so her kiss is like cherry. Sweet and...glossy. The fucking nostalgia gets to me...

I pull away - only to see if Maisie is enjoying it or not. I don't want us to rush things. "Now you're going to get ill!" She literally wipes my mouth with the sleeves of my hoodie as if that's going to cure my upcoming cold. "I don't mind." I smile back at her.

"Since I'm going to be making a effort...for...her..." I place my hand on her bump. "You're going to have to make an effort too" Maisie being Maisie makes a long 'oooh' noise but I shake my head. "Tell me about your family...I need to know for Bee's sake"

Maisie says nothing. Her smile fades and her eyes almost freeze over like her soul has been sucked out of her body. "Please...I want to know the truth about you. I know there's stuff that you're hiding like your bother...please tell me." I whisper pleadingly. I want to help Maisie...I really do. And I know I might be able to if she just opens up.

My girlfriend then gulps before slowly nodding her head.

I guess all will be revealed?