Thirty-Five.

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
- 𝗩𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀

~ March 29th 2019 ~

   "I'm thinking about going on tour again..." my voice trails off while Maisie stops washing up the dishes and stares at me in shock. I know what she's thinking. I know that I shouldn't do anything until after the baby comes.

   I'm just bored...of doing nothing.

   The only time Bastille do anything as a group is to sign contracts at the studio or attend award shows. Other bands like our mates, The 1975, tell us that we should be lucky for doing fuck all of we're still getting paid for it. Yes - having time off to support my pregnant girlfriend feels good. But doing nothing just feels...wrong.

   I want to be in the studio and working on more songs, but everyone including Mark are taking advantage of our non-hectic schedule. Not to mention that Kyle is...having a wow of the time with the break. I'm glad to see that he is focusing on his mental health. In the industry it sometimes get physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting...it's just the way things go. It fucking sucks because out of this all...it's always Kyle who gets constantly shat upon. It's not fair whatsoever.

   "I've just turned seven months pregnant...and you want to tour? I mean...can that wait for another...eighteen years?" I laugh at her joke...only I think she's joking? By that bummed out expression on her fair pale face...I'm guessing that she isn't.

   Oh shit.

   "Sorry." I almost sigh. If anyone knows what Bastille means to me then it's Maisie - we literally broke up because it after all. She should know that I have this deep void missing singing. "You know what, that's not the stupidest thing...ever. Just this morning I was packing up and I held my lyric book...the one we wrote Flowerbed in. I kinda...sung for the first time in...ages." My eyes widen.

   Now that is a shocking revelation.

   "What happened to being a 'mama' huh?" I attempt to say in her thick American accent. Maisie on the other hand laughs. "Of course I'm a mama. Okay. I'm the world's best mama and you can't argue with that fact." She points at me like I'm nothing. "You are." I laugh while Maisie looks totally pissed. "I am...what?" Oh...she wants me to say it. "You're an incredible mum." With that Maisie smiles looking very pleased of herself.

"But seriously babe..." I whisper resting both of my hands on her skin waist...well the sides of her bump. "It's okay if you want to sing still - even if you're going to be a full time mum. We can make the spare bedroom into a studio." The house that we're moving into in a couple of weeks is big. It's in a private estate in the wealthy side of London - we have multiple spare rooms."

"I want those spare rooms be inhabited one day. You know that." I roll my eyes at Maisie's dreams. "Women are meant to hate being pregnant and then there's you - already thinking about our next five kids whilst seven months pregnant with our first." Maisie shrugs her shoulders back with a cheeky smile wiped across her glowing face.

I have never felt so much love for one person.

"What can I say..." Maisie's voice trails off. "I like to keep on my toes." With that Maisie literally stands on her tiptoes to kiss me on the cheek.

"You're not meant to have all this fucking energy." Lately Maisie has just seemed like a totally different person to when she wasn't pregnant.

This Maisie is more fun. She's also unpredictable and isn't afraid to speak up for herself or her rights...she's kind of fucking amazing.The old Maisie was quiet...she was mysterious and timid. I guess Maisie is now in her comfort zone - she's happy where she is at this precise moment in time and honestly....she is a fucking great mother.

   "Are you going to keep telling me how to behave? Because it's getting really fuckin' annoying" the old Maisie wouldn't of said 'boo' to a ghost. What the fuck is Bee doing to her mind? Whatever it is...I'm in fucking awe. Maze can stand up for herself.

   Just like every single other guy on this planet I am really fucking loving her fierce behaviour. It's just...sexy. I've always admired a girl who has got a slick tongue and witty comebacks. Nice to know that Maisie Chain is legitimately my dream wife.

   I mean...girlfriend.

   I wonder how long it takes for a couple to...get engaged? I've always said four years - but these days people are getting married after several months. I've been with Maisie longer than several months...

   "Sorry...sorry..." I smile while she walks away from me and picks up a cookie. I seriously don't know how or when she gets the time to be packing up her things - for the move back to England - as well as baking. "When the fuck did you bake those?" I laugh while she savours every single bite. She looks like a squirrel finally bubbling on one of the nuts it stashed away.

"I baked them ten minutes ago. I want the house to smell nice for the new owners." She's still the same sweet old Maisie. "Why are you so nice?" I whisper while Maisie casually shrugs back her shoulders, she still isn't good at taking a compliment. "Because today marks the day of a new chapter...not only for us - but for whoever brought this house."

   I feel horrible that she is giving up her beautiful Italian dream for me. I hope we can move here together someday.

  "You do know that the old tenants of our house probably left the kitchen in a state." Maisie shakes her head. "Dan...it's a brand new property...in a brand new estate..." of course I knew that. I was just being a dickhead for her entertainment. Maisie's likes correcting me when I'm wrong - it brings a smile to her face. I like when Maze is confident....

   "I must've forgot." I whisper as I make my way over to the kitchen counter and pick up a large cookie and take a bite. "Is it good?" Maisie asks whilst looking very intrigues. "Eh...it's to die for" I smile taking a larger bite just to prove how insanely good her baking skills are. Maisie then purses her lips together tightly before looking away.

  I say for now that we're more than happy with our life.