Thirty.

𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙜𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙
- 𝗧𝗼𝗺 𝗢𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗹

When we arrive back at my place Maisie opted to take the sofa for the night. Of course that makes me feel guilty...I said that she can sleep in my bed. It's not like I can get to sleep in it anyway. Since she's been gone I've been having problems trying to drift off and shit - our breakup was really fucking hard on me.

Maisie makes me feel different. She makes me feel like a good man. Something that I always try to aspire to be.

   Of course Maisie being the sweet and kind person she is refused - I more or less told her that it's okay. I also kind of reminded her that she is pregnant...it's not like she forgot or anything. She doesn't deserve to sleep on the hard new sofa anyway.

   So she lays besides me awkwardly in bed...in her long green dress. "Isn't that irritating your skin?" I whisper under my breath. "What the fuck are you talking about now?" Maisie sniffs as I feel her looking at me while we lay next to each other on the bed. It's no shit that I've been trying to make conversation with her. Just to cheer her up

"Your dress...it's making hives on my skin." I raise up my arm as I tilt my head looking at her. "Fucking hell Dan. You could've told me earlier" my skin is swollen and red and really fucking itchy. "I didn't want to say anything - you look really pretty in that dress." With that Maisie sits up. It takes her a few seconds but then she stands up.

"Can you...help me take it off." Fuck yes.

I mean..."of course!" I jump onto my feet and walk around the bed as I drawer the curtains first. It's London and perverts will try to look in. I then gather her soft long brown hair and place it around the side of her shoulder. "There's a zip..." her voice trails off as I smile.

Never would I of ever thought that I'd be unzipping my child's mother's dress after we won nearly every Brit Award. My mum is going to be fucking thrilled. I must admit that I'm literally over the moon too, hopefully I won't do or say anything which will fuck this 'encounter' up. I want Maisie to know that I still really fucking love her and that I did...mess up.

I zip the dress until it stops at the bottom of her waist. "You have to...lift it up and over..." fuck yes. Of course I have to do that.

   Gracefully Maisie raise her arms up in the air while I slowly slide the dress upwards. I be gentle around her stomach area, even when the dress does need to be tugged up slightly. But the dress slips off, Maisie helps pulling all of the green lace from over her head.

And she's there in nothing but white lace undergarments. The top of which is little on the short side because of her forming bump.

Maisie turns around and then hugs me. I don't know what to say to console her...I've never lost a sibling before or anything like that - let alone a twin. I just hug her tightly back. What she needs isn't me being a weirdo over how amazing she looks...she needs someone to talk to.

"I'm tired." She whispers pulling back before drying her red raw eyes. I can tell that they are stinging just by her pained facial reactions. Maisie doesn't deserve any of this...literally none of it. "Yeah, you should get some sleep." I must admit even though she is actually fucking glowing - she doesn't look like what she looked like yesterday.

Maisie then lies down on the bed as I decide to leave her be for the night. "Dan...I want you to stay." Well this is going to be a bit awkward. I'm literally going to be sleeping next to my fucking ex...

"I like the sofa" I want the sofa to fucking burn for all of eternity. I didn't choose the sofa, my dad did. He said it would look great for a 'bachelor pad'. I'm not sure whether he off his rockers yet. "Please..." Maisie whispers batting her eyelids.

Of course I can't help but fucking smile.

"This time I get the right side..." I smile like the Cheshire Cat. "The right side is mine. I sleep better." I nod my head...even though for these past couple of months I've been so lonely that I make pillows on the right side of the bed seem like someone is laying next to me. I hate being by myself.

I then lay down in bed besides her again. She still sleeps on top of the covers while I'm in them. "You're gonna get a cold or something?" I whisper admiring her bump. "I'm boiling." She whispers with her eyes sealed shut. I nervously laugh at her blunt reply.

"So like does it hurt...or is it heavy? This is legitimately a serious question." Maisie opens one of her eyes slightly, she still looks pissed off. I guess that should be my cue to shut up...but me being me can't be quiet. "It looks like it's heavy because you're always holding it. Like..." I'm confused. No one teaches you shit about that stuff.

Maisie, instead of arguing, weakly laughs through her tears of sorrow. "Oh my god Dan...shut up..." she laughs shaking her head. I don't get what was so funny about my question?

 I don't get what was so funny about my question?

   "Give me your hand..." she whispers as I do as I am told. I'm only doing this because I want her to cheer up. Nothing more and nothing less. "Just concentrate okay...no talking or weird comments." Before I can query what she's about to do she rests my palm on her bare stomach. This is fucking weird but okay.

   "Am I meant to be feeling anything?" I whisper as she hisses at me to be quiet. I do as I am told because she looks like a fucking mad woman. I haven't got a death wish surprisingly.

   In total boredom I go to yawn with my other hand before I feel something. It's only light. But I felt it...move. "Oh...my god." I whisper in shock as Maisie smiles nodding her head. "Father like daughter..." she smiles as I take my hand off of her stomach. "D-daughter?" I stutter - once again - in complete shock. "It's stupid but it's like she replies to bee...so that's what I've been calling her Bee." As soon as Maze said the first 'bee'...she moves some more. "Just a coincidence the midwife said..." I mean...that's...kind of sweet. Maisie smiles nodding her head...I guess to the first question that she didn't answe, "both of you are annoying as hell. And like to move around in your sleep."

   I did not need to know that. Now I know that information a part of me wants her. Her. Oh my god.

   I don't say anything else. Instead reach out towards my wooden bedside table and turn the lamp off for the night. This was not how I was expecting to go to bed tonight...