Thirty-Three.

𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙭 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙢 𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙚
    - 𝗦𝗶𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗱

~ February 22nd 2019 ~

   "I can't believe you" I almost snort while Maisie sits besides me coughing her lungs out. "I mean only you could  give yourself a cold." Of course it was more than not being covered up in a duvet on a cold February night...but that didn't help either. I guess it's because the cold got into her arms at the Brit Awards? It's not a particularly heated venue.

   "You're laughing but Bee hasn't been moving as much as she was before." This time she doesn't smile while saying Bee. I guess that knocks the smile off of my face. This could be serious for our little girl. "It's going to be okay..." I whisper under my breath feeling like the biggest fool.

Maisie then rubs her bump in a circular position - she's probably trying to get a reaction - while we wait for the doctor. Apparently they're running on time today which is the first in forever, "What are you doing?" Maisie wheezes as I look at my phone after someone sent me a new text message. It must be mum - she's the only person who uses texts instead of WhatsApp.

   "Mum texted." Maisie makes a croaky 'oh' sound before holding her bump again. I click on the long text and read it quickly.

   I wonder why Maze's phone didn't go off? She sent it to our group chat that she cleverly named

   I wonder why Maze's phone didn't go off? She sent it to our group chat that she cleverly named. It's not that we're against my sister - she has a group chat of 'don't tell Dan' with Fran's family - and then we have a big one for all of us. I guess it's easier for her to invite people over when the others are busy, especially because this is the second day kids go back to school - I'm sure Fran is trying to set a routine for Fin.

   "What does it say?" Maisie whispers, putting her head on my shoulder. These past couple of days have been like we've never broken up. I admit that we're as strong as ever though. I then tilt the phone, with the message on, towards Maisie. I hear her mumbling while she reads it before quietly laughing.

   "Her emoji use is on point." I smile nodding my head. While I go to turn my phone off, "you need to answer her" Maisie immediately says. "Yeah, I'll say we can't go after the appointment." With that Maisie gives me a evil look. "We're going." But Maisie looks like death warmed up...I can't allow her to go to my parents like this. They'll probably get ill.

   But then again mum might not care, her beloved Maisie is back where she belongs. Now mum doesn't have to keep telling em to 'talk to Maisie' or whatever she went about when we called it quits.

   "Now I'm going to disturb Bee." Maisie warms before she sits up a little to reach into her coat pocket. "Ah..." she whispers in pain. "What?" I asked panicked as she shakes her head. "The chair is digging into my side." With that I kind of pull her back so she is sitting normal instead of reaching over the chair - even though she still hasn't got her phone.

   "I'll get it!" I whisper back and reach into her pocket. Admittedly she's got a hole inside of her pocket so I'm reaching down into her coat. When I finally grab it I immediately give the phone to Maisie. "Tell her yourself that you're ill." There could be something wrong with Bee for all we know.

   Maisie literally rolls her eyes back. I'm glad that she still has her sarcasm - even when she has got a nasty cold and chesty cough.

   Maisie taps away on her phone....which makes mine go off after she sent something. "Oh my god." I mumble looking at her message. That's when I shake my head, "you're not well enough to go to my parents house." I don't mean to sound controlling I'm just fucking worried.

   "It's a cold...Dan. We're fine." But I don't listen to Maisie's reassurance. I get my own phone out from my jean pocket and then unlock it before I type my own response.

   Mum needs to know...I don't want my parents being ill too.

   "Ha ha

   "Ha ha." Maisie childishly whispers before sneezing...embarrassingly loud. "Bless you." I mumble as she laughs. "Awww...shut up." Maisie then rests her head against my shoulder for another few minutes until her name is called out.