Nine.

𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝
- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗺𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀

~ September 12th 2018 ~

   Today is the day - or at least that's what our record label told us - we finally get to reveal our song 'Flowerbed' to the world! I don't think me and Maisie have been this anxious before

Today is the day - or at least that's what our record label told us - we finally get to reveal our song 'Flowerbed' to the world! I don't think me and Maisie have been this anxious before. I'm hoping that it doesn't bomb...she's put so much time and effort into this tune.

I smile at her latest tweet...as if an artist like her can spontaneously drop a song. I think she would've done it a month ago when we finished writing it...I'm proud of the song - but I'm proud of Maisie more.

   "Oh my god!" Maisie shrieks in bed besides me ten minutes later. I know a quarter past ten drop on a weekday isn't what anyone was expecting - but we've been doing own things online like chatting to fans and stuff. It's boring but we need promo for it. "What?" I instantly sit up thinking that there's a robber or someone in the apartment. Why else would she act panicked? Maybe it's something to do with that actor she has a crush on? "It's on Spotify!" She shrieks again holding her phone in the air with the biggest smile ever that's attached to her pretty face.

   We've both been waiting for this moment for what seems like a very long time. Without any hesitation I go onto Spotify and put the song on. Of course it's weird to hear my own voice...

   But I can tolerate it...just for Maze.

   Strangely enough this is also one of the longest songs we've done as a band - and it isn't entirely our

   Strangely enough this is also one of the longest songs we've done as a band - and it isn't entirely our...song. "What if people don't love it? Then what?" Maisie says while nodding her head to the music. It's sweet that she is only doing that to my parts. I guess we both hate to hear our own voices?

   "Then we'll put out another...if they don't like that...then we will release another." She smiles while I scroll up and down to my fans freaking out. Since it was a record label drop it didn't get leaked unlike Bastille's other releases. None of them heard this song before they should've and it's nice seeing their genuine response.

   It's the first time where I've actually had to scroll through each comment to see a bad one...of which I haven't so far.

   "I think..." my voice trails off as I reach the end of the comment section.

That can't be right.

"You think what?" Maisie blushes while she bites her fingernail. "I think...people really like the song." Maisie nods her head slightly, holding up her phone which as far as I can see is positive reviews. "Oh my god. We've done it." This was the second main thing that we was worried about. Ever since Mark pointed out that it wasn't a Bastille song...we didn't know how my audience would react.

    But clearly that doesn't matter now.

Maisie then lays back down in bed. "That's crazy." She whispers with a big smile imprinted on her face. "We should make a billion more songs together." Fuck and no. I mean I love Maisie...I really do. But we need time away from each other. We argue more when we're in the studio and that isn't healthy.

At least we're still taking things slow with our relationship - much to Kyle's entertainment - we've been dating for over several months and...yeah. This is the first time in a few weeks she has spent the night at my place, I honestly think she likes it here but it's hard to tell. Her house is gigantic...and seems lonely. My place is small and somewhat cozy.

It would be cosier if you could literally see my floor. My room is still in it's teenager phase. I can barely see the floor. I don't think Maisie minds though.

   "I know right." I whisper putting my phone back on the side and dive into the covers besides her. Maisie then effortlessly digs her hand into the draw besides my bed and gets out two cigarettes and a lighter. We're that sort of couple to chainsmokers until 4am. Kind of sad but I guess that's who we really are.

   She hands me one while we stare up at the ceiling together. "I guess this is the part where I probably should tell you that - if things continue to stay this way with sales and shit..." - my voice trails off as she passes me the lighter - "then maybe you're one step closer to getting to live in Italy." With that I turn my neck about ninety degrees to see a smile placed on her pink lips besides the cigarette.

   "I can't wait." She whispers before tilting her head sideways - only a little bit just enough for her head to be leaning on my shoulder. "Love you." She whispers under her breath as I smile while exhaling the thick smoke. "Love you too." I mumble as we...just lay here in bliss.

The world works in funny ways.