Four.

𝙄'𝙢 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙛𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙥 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣
- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗯𝗮𝘁𝘀

~ July 31st 2018 ~
Italian holiday

Maisie holds up a tiny object, her eyes grow large the more she looks at it. I'm guessing she wants whatever that charm...thing...is? "What's that?" I wrap my arms around her like a serpent and lean forward, just so that I can rest my chin on her dainty shoulders. I'm a fucking giant compared to her. I guess it probably looks odd because of our heigh difference. That and Maisie looks young for her age.

   "This is a glass Disney character charm" — she shoves the charm in front of my face. Never have I seen my girlfriend so proud of her findings — "and it's fucking amazing!" It's really small. So small in fact I can't tell what exactly the character is...and I actually like Disney movies, believe it or not.

"How much is it?" I ask as I look at the rest of the charms to try and see the price...but I can't. I need my glasses on to see the number on the small tag. "It's the equivalent of ten dollars." For a bit of glass to stick on a chain? "It'll fit on my Pandora Disney bracelet!" Odd flex, but okay. "Do you need anymore of them?" I ask taking away one of my arms to dig my hand through my back pocket.

   Of course this time I'm going to do things different. I know I need to stop being tight and give my girlfriend gifts now and again...I'm willing to go all out with Maisie. Buy her whatever her heart desires.

"I want them all. But...I didn't exchange enough cash. How am I supposed to know Italy doesn't accept dollars?" I shake my head slightly mystified as to why she said that. Why would she even bring dollars when she's been living in London for the past year and a half?

   "Everywhere has their own currency, Maze." With that she mumbles a long 'ohhh' under her breath. I can't help but laugh at her geographical mistake. "I'll get them." I announce. With that Maisie shakes her head sightly. "Then I'll seem like a gold digger or something?" She has more money than me. I shake my head.

   "Pick the ones you need, I'm going to look around." What I really need to do is find gifts for the guys and shit. Woody went on holiday a while back and brought everyone rock sweets. The rock him and his kids made at the sweet factory. since I don't have kids to do sweet gestures like that, I need to buy them something that I know they'll like. It's only fair.

   "Stay close..." Maisie wearily says as I nod my head straightening my cap. I don't think anyone here will recognise us but I'm not taking any chances. This holiday is to get way from music...and the madness of fans. "Of course." I say with a smile.

   I then wander off to the sweet isle. They're all hand made sweets by the looks of it. I'm tempted to bulk by twenty of them and give them to my mates and family. Me and Maisie have all the space in the world considering we brought a large empty suitcase with us. I guess between us we have a lot of friends and family.

   While I look at all of the homemade food I swear I hear clicking sounds. The type of sound cameras make. Shit. I turn my head to the sound...only to see nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe I'm paranoid? I shrug the clicking sound off and continue to pick the clear plastic bags of sweets. In my arms I must hold about fifteen bags.

   "That's a lot" an American woman - who isn't Maisie - says. I think she's running this place because she is standing besides the till. "Huh?" I say...even though I heard. "Sorry. What I mean is...do you need to put all of those down?" She points to all of the sweets I'm trying to cradle. If one of them drops out of my arms...then they'll all drop. Knowing my luck they'll fall on top of the chinaware that this little souvenir shop is selling and smash it to smithereens.

   "Yeah." I crack a smile and walk towards the counter as I carefully place the sweets down. "Who are these for then?" She asks whilst counting all of the bags. "My family and friends...you know?" To be honest I know I'm going to give five bags to my nephew, and the rest to my goddaughter. I'll probably buy knock off brand sweets from the off-licence and make out they're Italian. The woman with long dark brown and beady brown eyes her nods her head. "Do you have any kids?" I smile and slightly shake my head, at her very peculiar question.

"I was going to say that these are really sour...the kids would want something mild and chocolate." Oh, that explains the invasive question. "I'll keep that in mind." I lie as she cracks a smile. "Oh come off it. You're a pretty boy" — I burst out laughing — "You probably have one or two out there." I shake my head cringing. I've never thought about that...like that before.

"Please don't say that." I nervously laugh. Wiith that the woman behind the glass counter shakes her head with a smile. "I'm all good in that area...trust me on that one" Talking about my sex life to a lonely shop keeper — not the weirdest conversation I've ever had to be honest. Not the best either. "Just kidding. Anyway, this all comes up to 50 euros." I nod my head and take the cash out of my wallet. Normally I don't carry this much money...but I took extra out because of Maisie. It's pretty expensive but I guess it's because they're homemade? I mean I hope they are...

"Cheers." I say as she hands me the thin white plastic bag, while I hand over the money. She doesn't count the money or anything, she puts it straight into the till. "No problem." With that I go and rejoin Maisie...well I try to.

Where has she gone now?