Twenty-One.

𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜?
    - 𝗠𝗶𝗸𝗸𝘆 𝗘𝗸𝗸𝗼

~ December 12th 2018 ~

   "This house is amazing." I say while trying to sound as enthusiastic as the the estate agent. "It is very beautiful. The only downside I can see is that there's only one bedroom..." huh?

   "Oh, maybe I didn't state it - because it's obvious - but it's just me who is going to be living here." I can't be living with my friends for any longer. The queues to go to my own bathroom is getting almost ridiculous. Not to mention that I'm going to be 33 next year and I still heavily rely on everyone apart from myself. I think that needs to change for sure...even though I don't like being alone.

I have to grow up at some point...so why not now?

   "Oh. Sorry it's none of my business. I'm well aware of who you are Mr Smith, my daughter is quite the fan." I roll my eyes back knowing what she is now on about.

   I can't go a single day without either my friends, family or complete strangers telling me how to be a fucking father. "Maybe you should look at a house with multiple bedrooms...for the future too. In case you find someone." I shake my head sternly. "I'm not looking for anybody at the minute. I'm happy being single." I probably shouldn't be telling a fans parent about my sex life - but I'm fed up of all the speculating.

   Some fans believe me and Maisie are still together and this is all a big promotional ploy for the record company. It's clearly fucking not. But fourteen year old fangirls seem to differ.

"Where will your...baby sleep when he or she has visits? I know that you might not want to think about that just yet - since it's very early on. But I have to advise you to-" I bluntly cut the woman off before she can continue. "Neither my ex or the child need me. So yeah. I'm interested in this place, did you say upstairs to the left is what could be a studio room?" I point upstairs to change the subject.

The woman who looks a bit taken back nods her head as I quickly walk to the staircase. "Well...let's continue our tour of the house then. If you still like it then I'll contact the home owner and get the ball rolling, no one else has made an offer yet. Mainly because of the one bedroom." The house is in the part of London where singers inhabit, the house is new. The previous artist packed up and left a few months ago...apparently.

As I slowly walk up the stairs I think of a way to ask the big question. "So who was the original artist who lived here before...since I am going to buy this place." I don't need to see upstairs. As long as it has a bedroom then I'm fine.

"That's the problem..." as soon as I get to the landing I look down at her in confusion. "It's your ex's." Oh fucking...wow. "May I ask if you're still willing to purchase the house?" I nod my head. Only because then that way I can somehow find out where she lives...I need to speak to her. At least for the last time and on better terms. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't at least do that.

I'm not a bad guy...not really.

"It's a wicked house." Maisie had taste...and one spacious house. "It is indeed." The estate agent agrees while we walk into the bedroom.

   I never saw her house. She always insisted on coming around to my place or meeting up. I thought she was living in a bad area...I wonder why she didn't brag about living in a place as big as this. Just another question that she's never going to answer...