Twenty-Seven.

'𝘾𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙙𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙮
- 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗻

Dan's point of view

Even though the show has been good so far - there's something wrong with Maisie. I know there's something wrong because not only is she ignoring me...but she's ignoring everyone. I know that me and her are on talking terms because of last night, so I'm as mystified as them lot who are pulling confused faces at Maze behind her back.

Since I'm sitting next to Maisie I look down at her phone of which she is secretly typing away. I manage to peak over her shoulder - I know it's rude - but something is...up. Before she turns the screen away from me I capture one single message someone sent to her.

   Who the fuck is that sending her a message as fucked up as that? Over the phone too

Who the fuck is that sending her a message as fucked up as that? Over the phone too. With that Maisie throws her phone on the table in front of her as she looks away towards the stage where Jack Whitehall is trying to do an impression of...some American artist? Not sure who it is meant to be...he's just pulling stupid faces and putting on a fake American accent.

Woody pokes my arm. I don't look at him first because I know what exactly he is going to say - when he pokes me again for the second time I'm forced to turn around. "What?" I hiss under my breath as music comes on over the stereos...I guess this must be an advert break?

"What have you said to her now?" Fucking hell. I've literally said nothing. It's the guy on the phone telling her that someone she obviously knows is dead.

   I don't reply to Woody, nor do I even bother looking at the rest of the nosey bastards. "Maze..." I sort of mumble - just loud enough so she can hear over the music - Maisie turns her head in my direction and falsely smiles.

This is so fucking weird.

I don't know exactly what to do or say...someone has just died. If I ask her if she is okay of course she's going to go into self defence mode and lie that she's fine...even if at this moment she clearly isn't fine.

   "What?" She snaps. Her pretty eyes look glassy...really glassy.

   As the lights dim down again and the music stops, Jack Whitehall with two new presenters was out on stage to present the next award. "Who died?" That's when Maisie's eyes widen in disbelief. "I'm sorry I saw...and-" she goes to stand up but I quickly grab her hand. Embarrassedly she sits back down and continues to falsely smile while the other people surrounding us look weirded out.

   "It's not on your business." She sniffs without actually crying.

   "Actually it is my business. You're fucking pregnant with my baby and you're going to stress it out if you don't tell me who the fuck died." I catch myself out...

   I just...used the baby as an valid excuse...and it doesn't feel wrong for sticking up for it. I'm really fucking close to becoming father of the year now. Wow. Maisie then looks at me up and down, I can tell she's judging me. I guess she is shocked that I said that as much as I am in shock myself...I stocked up for the fucking baby. I'm the parent who don't even want the thing.

   "That is so fucking rich! You know what fuck yo-" as Maisie get's cut short as stands up again. The reason why she gets cut short is because of the two award presenters shouting out that the best song of 2018 is Flowerbed.

   Maisie completely ignores everyone and walks over to the stage while Mark and Dan Priddy pat me supportively on my back as I stand up in shock. This is the fourth award our table has one this evening. It's also the biggest award we're ever going to win.

"Oh my god..." I nervously smile feeling really fucking good. Maybe tonight is the night Maze will realise that we do so much better in the charts with her? I hope so.

Kyle slings his arm around my shoulder as we walk towards the stage avoiding the ladies dresses as we walk past the tables. I'm pretty sure we've got a standing ovation - this is mental. Nearly everyone in the audience this year is bigger than Bastille.

"I can't believe it!" Kyle says after giving the American model a massive bear hug. Onstage I stand next to Maisie. Maisie is literally crying. I don't know whether it's because she's sad, or happy...or even because of her hormones.

"Who want's to go first?" Of course the three other members - who did fuck all in Flowerbed - point towards me and Maisie. I go to speak in the microphone first but Maisie leans forwards...I guess she has more right to say anything than I do. "Thank you...so much for voting for this song to win..." her voice literally trembles as she wipes the tears from off her face.

"I want to thank two people. One who is unborn...and the other...who passed away seconds ago." I look at Maisie. I think the room falls quiet. "My brother...my twin...he died from a drug overdose. I just got the texts from my older brother and - I've realised that I've been the world's worst sister. He was so supportive of me and I...ignored him because of his addiction. His face was always in crowd...even when he looked barely recognisable. He supported me. He loved my songs..." with that my eyes widen in shock.

She never told me anything about her family. Literally nothing. Of course I asked nearly every week until she screamed at me one night...almost looking possessed. She hates them and I don't know why.

"I want to thank my brother..." - her voice trails off as she smiles - "the guy who bragged that he was twelve minutes older than me. I want to thank him...for being my first fan. I'm sorry I was a rubbish sister and I'm sorry I never told him about my baby. He's gone..." with that she hysterically breaks down crying. Instantly I hug her tightly while Chris takes over the mic and tries cheering up the mood a little bit. But I feel everyone's eye's on us...on her.

Why has she been hiding her family this entire time.