Thirty-Two.

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙
- 𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗘𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵

   Maisie and me have spent nearly the whole day sitting on the sofa. She hasn't really gone into specifics about her family at all...but I know the basics. Her oldest brother is a money loving control freak, her twin brother was an addict, Maisie was the sibling who just wanted peace for the family, and her older sister suffered mental health issues.

It still doesn't make sense why her family would 'hate her'...as to what she told me the other night. Peace is a good thing.

I also know that Maisie's mum past away of an aggressive form of cancer, and a year before that her father died in a failed attempt of a robbery. He got shot accidentally and bled to death in the arms of his oldest son.

Their family sounds almost as dysfunctional as ours...

"So yeah...that's the last thing Daisy ever said to me." What a weird thing her sister would say to her. "Have you speculated anything that was off with your older siblings?" I take a swing of my red wine while Maisie looks almost jealous, she of course has a glass of cold water...not the most ideal thing for a pregnant woman with the starting of a nasty cold.

"I didn't but Georgie did. He was messing about on Thanksgiving once and said that he reckons Daisy isn't really a part of our family. It was stupid but...both Alister and Daisy freaked out.." that's fucked up. Even if it was a joke, Maisie showed me a picture of them on her phone, it's true that Daisy really didn't look like the rest of them.

   "Georgie put together some wild theory that because we never saw any baby pictures...or any young pictures of Daisy growing up that she's really our mom and Ali is our dad. That the people we know as 'mom' and 'dad' were really our grandparents from Ali's side." I mean...they must've been like only ten? Is that possible?

   "How old are they both? Like now?" For a second Maze shrugs her shoulders back - before she then bursts into a coughing fit. "They would be...thirty nine..." and Maisie is 26? I mean there's thousands of thirteen year old parents out there. "I call bullshit. It's too much of a stretch." Maisie whispers as she downs her water pretending to look like one of those drunks at closing time. The numb individuals that either tell great stories or tell you to 'fuck off and mind your own business'.

"Could explain why Ali is so overprotective with you..." with that Maisie rolls her eyes back. She doesn't seem impressed that I'm kind of siding with her twin brother. "Can you not...theorise my brothers theory one day after he-" Maze angrily cuts herself off as I nod my head. I know what she means.

   "Sorry..." I would've liked of have met him. Maybe I could've sent him to rehab or something. I could've found the best facility...I have mates who have been and came back - never even looked at drugs again. I guess that's the most frustrating thing...I could've helped. But I didn't.

   "Is your family the reason why...you've always wanted kids?" Even when she wasn't pregnant - just like our romantic trip to Italy - she always mentioned kids. Everything was about the future. Even now it's clear that she likes being pregnant. She likes having a baby inside of her...she is way too maternal. Our daughter is making her happy...

  "Ever since I was twelve I wanted to be a mom. I wanted to be just like my mom. She did everything she could do to give me a childhood. I knew that I wanted kids and I wanted to raise them up to have a better life than I did. I have it all planned out in my head." I never knew she was that passionate. Now I feel like a right dickhead for trying to take that thing away because I was selfish.

"I'm never going to let Bee down." I nod my head as Maisie brushes the forming tears from out of her eyes.

I can tell that she's still holding something back.

"Maze..." before I can question what it is she is holding back, Maisie cuts me off. "You can hate me all you want" - she then closes her eyes - "Bee was planned." Planned how could she of been planned that doesn't make sense. "But you was taking birth control?" Maisie doesn't nod her head. She doesn't shake it either. Looks at me with this numb expression. "Right...?" My voice trails off in confusion.

"I didn't take birth control. I'm surprised that she wasn't here sooner..." What the actual fuck. "So all this time you've been using me?" Maisie laughs. "No...I haven't. I thought you was the type of guy who wanted kids. I saw your old interviews and I knew that you was the one." So she did basically use me as a sperm factory. Wow. "I'm fucking honoured." I almost hiss. "Dan. I'm sorry okay. But...this is what we both want. I know it is because you said it one more than one occasion. Don't be pissed off." I close my eyes for a couple of seconds and regret saying that I ever want kids.

Obviously I don't regret my daughter. Bee is okay. I like Bee.

"I'm sorry..." she sincerely whispers. I can feel her looking at me...she's probably waiting for a bitchy reply. "It's fine." I mumble feeing weird about this whole situation.

"Now you know everything about me." I doubt that Maze...I really do.