Twenty-Nine.

𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩?
- 𝗟𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗗𝗲𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝘆

~ February 20th 2019 ~
Dan's point of view

"Are you guys going to come back for the after party?" What the actual fuck?

Of course I don't answer that question. Maisie is in a fucking state. She hates herself at this precise moment and Kyle is wondering if we're going to come back and have a fucking 'jolly old time'...there's no logic. None. Of course we're not going to go all the way...back to her hotel or wherever...and then come back.

I'm being a responsible adult for the first time in my life and I'm bloody well putting my foot down.

"Oh my god..." Maisie breathlessly whispers a she claws at her throat. "Shit!" I shout as I quickly hug her again. "W-what's happening?!" Kyle's girlfriend shouts.

"She's having a panic attack. Maze...breathe okay...breathe." She's just found out her twin brother is dead and now she feels like a bad sister. There's a lot of things on her plate right at this moment. "Deep breaths in and out." I used to have panic attacks before my first few gigs. It was scary and I felt like I blanked out while having them. My girlfriend when was sort of my anchor...I always came around to her voice saying deep breathes.

Thankfully Maisie nods her head in her hysteria and breathes in and out as the taxi pulls up. "Give me a call in the morning." Kyle says as he gives me Maisie's phone. And his blazer jacket...to put around Maisie who is shaking - shit I should've thought about that.

"Yeah, will do." Kyle's girlfriend - who is practically a stranger to Maisie, even though they might've met each other once or twice before - finishes hugging her and rubs Maisie's shoulders for reassurance.

I open the car door and tell the taxi to take us to her hotel, but Maisie - once she calms down - shakes her head. "I don't want to be alone anymore..." her voice trails off as I get into the car after she rests her head on my shoulder.

   I'm not saying that I'm thankful because her brother internationally overdosed...

   "I want to go with you. Back to your house-share." She sobs as she shakily begins to tell the taxi driver my old address. Despite me moving into her house- the papers never stated our first names...she probably doesn't even know it was me who moved into her apartment. "About that..." my voice trails off. This is fucking awkward...because I moved into my ex's house. It wasn't revenge...but it wasn't for the right reasons either.

   Maisie looks up as me confusedly. She's so close to my face that I can smell I sweet breath mixed with her flowery scent. "I moved into your old house..." Maisie closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and nods her head. She doesn't question why or anything. Instead I give the taxi guy my address. As the taxi pulls away and the lights begin to fade in darkness I put my arm around her in silence.

   We don't say anything...Maisie just...cries in hysteria.

   In the silence she then rests both of her hands on her bump. I almost forgot about the baby. "It's okay." I whisper in her ear while holding her tightly. I need to reassure her for the babies sake.

"It's okay..." I repeat again as she leans her face into my shoulder.