Twenty-Three.

𝙍𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙙, 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚, 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙
- 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗼 (𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁. 𝗝𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗪𝗥𝗟𝗗, 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻 𝗨𝗿𝗶𝗲)

~ February 14th 2018 ~
Maisie's point of view
Flashback

   I keep my eye out for Dan. I'm pretty sure I saw him walk past the café...but maybe not. This guy has a buzzcut. Dan's got a whole set of hair. I don't think a guy like him will ever chop off his hair.

   "Can I make you another one?" The elderly waitress says pointing to mine and Dan's coffee. I'm not even a coffee drinker, I just want to impress him. On our WhatsApp chat he told me he really likes black coffee...'the darker the better'. I guess it's because it keeps him awake and his mind active? "Oh my...you really don't have to do that." I feel guilty. I think I'm keeping this place open, I swear on the door said it shuts at five. It's now quarter past five.

   I've been waiting here for nearly two hours. "It's okay. I can tel you're waiting for someone special..." the elderly woman's voice trails off while she ever so slightly, tilting her head forwards towards my phone. "Oh yeah" I say trying to act natural. Even though I've clearly never done this kind of 'date' before. It's always the guy waiting for the girl...I've only been on a few dates. I know that's pathetic but that's just my life.

"It's valentines today, isn't it?" She says literally taking a seat. I guess I could use some company, even if she is a old woman. Sisters have got to stick together, no matter what age. I like that. "Is it?" I nervously laugh. I thought Valentine's Day was tomorrow?

No wonder why Dan was acting all...giddy over our texts.

Since the party we've been talking over text, I think that it's pretty reassuring to know I am talking to the actual guy I'm interested in - unlike other online dating stuff. "Is this meant to be a first date?" I nod my head.

   Me and Dan obviously made fool of ourselves at the party. I remember that we left the party early to have a cigarette break - but somehow the next thing I remembered was getting onto a red bus and going into central London. Me and Dan woke up completely stark naked in this expensive hotel room. It was my first time doing anything like that. The last thing I can remember about that night was kissing Dan in the flashing lights of this...warehouse rave party.

But this...date...it was meant to be nice. But Dan can't be bothered to show up and now I just feel really silly. There's been no apology...no anything. I think his not coming.

"I should probably be going home. This place shut fifteen minutes ago-" the woman cuts me off with a sweet smile as the cook, who is in his late forties, turns on the dim lights. I see people look at the cafe in confusion - someone even tries to open the door.

I feel really embarrassed.

"We have nothing better to do. Anyway, we see you in here a lot. It's only fair that we see that you're taken care of." This is rare for a little backstreet London café. They're so kind. I always feel bad for this place...even if they charge you extra for food which is clearly microwaved.

I smile in gratitude as the woman stands up. "Now...I'll make you an extra one and you can call your date up." I laugh nodding my head. Admittedly they are making me feel a little better about my shitty situation.

I don't get why Dan has bailed...he was really excited this earlier. Maybe I'm just a bit of a let down? Either that or American girls aren't his thing? A pretty guy like him does deserve someone better than me, I know I shouldn't be feeling too hurt about being stood up - but...I guess that's the way life is at the moment.

As soon as she walks away my jaw drops as I look out of the window. It's him...oh my god. I put my hand over my wide open mouth and laugh. Dan looks like drowned rat...he is also limping. He must've had an accident or something? The sweetest thing is that he is holding up a massive bouquet of pink roses to the window, with the most saddest look on his out of breath face while the rain falls around him.

I'm sorry for doubting him.

He's really cute. Oh my god.