Fifty-Two.

𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣
- 𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗰! 𝗔𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼

~ July 13th 2019~
Lana's point of view

   "You should probably get that..." I laugh massaging Dan's tense shoulders. "It'll only be her begging me to come home." I roll my eyes. I know what we're doing is wrong...but he needs to be with her. She is nearly an entire month overdue with his baby after all. I know I would want to be with my partner - regardless whether I love she rose not.

"What if it's the baby?" Dan's grubs his shoulders back. "It won't be. Trust me - Maisie will get every single person I know to call me up. She'd make a storm." That sounds like her.

Even though I barely know Maisie - I know that she is very false - she relies on fake smiles. Though I'm not fond of her...I feel sorry for her. She is sweet and she is trying to be a loving partner for Dan - she's just...boring. Maybe pregnancy made her that way?

That's why I never want kids. Ever.

"Okay then." I giggle as I rotate my body ninety degrees and sit on Dan's lap. For a moment or two we say nothing. I feel his breath on my neck. I close my eyes as he kisses it...something just feels off.

I don't say anything though. I don't want to ruin Dan's fun since he's very into it. Maybe I'm just being annoying. I hate all of this secrecy...and I know Dan does. I think he is waiting until after the baby is born to break up with Maisie, then that way if she gets stressed she isn't going the baby harm. That's my logic anyway, Dan begin a sweetheart that he is agree's.

As the kisses on my neck turn to something else...I push all of my thoughts to the back of my mind and enjoy this cozy session.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~

~ July 14th ~

I get woken up Dan's phone ringing. "God..." Dan mumbles as I keep laying on my stomach. I cannot be bothered to move...I'm way too tired for anything right now. It's got to be like half four in the morning at least, it's still dark, and it's summer.

"Happy birthday." I mumble realising that it's my secret boyfriends birthday. I'm kind of proud of myself for remembering that, I'm normally a bit of a forget-me-not when it comes to dates. Just last week I forgot when my own birthday is...my friend had to remind me that I'm a valentines baby.

"Cheers." I feel Dan holding my back for a second before he gets his phone.

"Hello?" Dan says into the mic sounding even more tired than he did before. I keep my eyes sealed shut. "Maisie! Calm down...Maze talk to me!" Dan loudly says as I sit up hugging the white duvet to my body. What's wrong? I mouth looking at Dan. He shakes his head and closes his eyes like he's trying to concentrate.

"Who's died?!" My eyes widen as I quickly pick my dress up off of the floor and put it back on so I'm not completely naked.

Because I'm getting changed I don't notice Dan's reaction to the persons death...at least not at first. As I look up after pulling up my knickers - Dan's jaw trembles as tears appear out the corner of both eyes. This is not fucking good.

"What do you mean Bee's gone..." he whispers as I hold my hand over my mouth. Even I tear up. Not just for Dan's sake but Maisie's. She was so excited. Oh god.

Dan then looks at me...like all of the life in his body has just been sucked out. "I'm coming...straight away." I guess Maisie on the other end of the line tells him not to. He doesn't even stand up. Instead I wrap my arms around his body...which is dead cold.

He remains holding the phone for another two minutes before he puts it back on the side. I don't know what to say or do except hug and embrace him - I've never been illiterate. I just go with my gut instincts.

"Bee's gone...my daughter is dead...she died..." Dan's then breaks down crying into my arms. "I'm so fucking sorry." I cry along with him. It isn't very pleasant to know that a little baby has passed away - even if I'm not the mother material...it's just...shit. "What happened?" I immediately regret that question. It just sort of slips out.

Dan pulls back and then looks away. "She was born and was alive for a few minutes and then suddenly passed away in Maisie's arms. They're looking into the problem. It explains why..." - Dan sniffs as he wipes his eyes every single time a tear falls - "you know...she was underweight in the first place." I nod my head as I hug Dan again stroking his cheek.

"Why aren't you going to the hospital. There's time to hold...her...still." Dan shakes his head. "I'm going later. Maisie...she somehow found out about us and she's broken up for the last time. She doesn't want to see me again because I missed Bee's birth" Dan cries again as I shake my head feeling violently sick. I knew there was something wrong last night.

God. Why couldn't of I just fucking...fuck! If I made Dan go and be with Maisie last night then...maybe none of this would happen. Even if it did they would be together and comfort each other and...

"Come here." I say more or less grabbing Dan and forcing him into a headlock. I do nothing but hold him tightly while he cries - I fucking hate this.

He doesn't deserve loosing his daughter. That's just not right. It's not.