Forty-One.

𝘽𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙜𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙘𝙮
- 𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗰! 𝗔𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼

~ May 2nd 2019 ~
Dan's point of view

Luckily Maisie didn't have to spend long in hospital. Since Bee responded well to the vitamin and calcium IV Maisie got discharged -but only if she goes back every other day for a couple of hours to get more. The doctors and midwives are still mystified as to why Bee is still underweight.

"How is the little mere?" Kyle randomly asks while I make us a coffee...well he get's a tea. I cannot have a hypo Kyle today...I'm warn out. Maisie has has really bad morning sickness for the past couple of nights and mornings - fuck knows why. The hospital said that it's possible for women to get morning sickness even on the morning they give birth. When she said that Maisie's eyes glassed up. She hates the idea of being sick...every morning she's in a complete mess.

Of course she still remains positive for the rest of the day.

"Bee is awesome thanks..." My voice trails off as the kettle switch flicks off and I pick it up, pouring the water into the cups. "When is Maisie's birthday again?" Kyle then asks randomly. "May nineteenth innit?" I know I should know but...I have so many things on my mind. "How the fuck don't you know your own girlfriends birthday?" There's lot's of things that I don't know about her...

"I do obviously know...I just can't remember mate. Long night innit." Least I have a few valid excuses. "I mean you still are a shit boyfriend. I'm not going to lie." Kyle lately has been a bit of a cold hearted realist - I guess the tables have turned for band members of Bastille. We're all going into the others shoes. Me becoming a family man, taking over Woody, Woody becoming a pessimist...Will the emo and Kyle the realist.

"Why the fuck are you even here?" Kyle shrugs looking pretty mystified as to why his here too. "I mean...my PS4 fucked up and I might just...play the one upstairs since nobody uses it." Okay then? That's a bit fucking weird but at least it ain't going to complete waste.

   "More to the point why are you here when Maisie is at home or wherever?" Maze doesn't need me hanging around her twenty four seven. That's not healthy for our relationship. Anyway, she can coupe. I know she can.

   I think she also wants to be left alone. I know that she is writing a letter or something to her brother Ali...I'm sure she'll either call me or my mum if she needs any support or whatever. I doubt it though - Maisie literally slammed the door shut in my face this earlier.

   I'll give her a text just to be sure. But first I need to finish making the drinks. "Me and Maisie last month came in here and she recorded a song." Kyle rolls his eyes back. "You know after last time you broke up that writing songs and duets is a bad thing..." his voice trails off. Of course Kyle has a point and both me and Maisie are fully aware.

  "It's not a duet. Like at all. She wrote and sung it...I just...wanna get it out there." Kyle puts both of his hands in his pockets while I stir the milk into the tea. "Oh great. I can't wait to hear about what you two did on the night Maze conceived the baby." No seriously. What the actual fuck is wrong with him?

   "Do you mind if you tone it down? Anyway the song isn't like that." It literally is the opposite of every single thing Maisie has ever done. It's happy and sweet...daydream music. It's true when she says she wants to do a song that reminds you of the colour 'yellow'. Because this song does.

   "Are you fucking jealous of us or something?"

   Kyle laughs. A deep sarcastic type of laugh, something is clearly up. He's never this bad. "How can I be jealous if I have the same priorities as you." Wait...is that a subtle way of telling me he's going to become a...no fucking way.

   I try not to smile - just in case if I got the wrong end of the stick - but I'm happy for him. "Mate, the one thing I've learned is to not be a prick..." Ky shakes his head slightly while he stares off into the distance. He looks at nothing in particular.

   "I didn't want...that...now. Like I wanted to spend some more time in America with my mates and my girlfriend and now..." I nod my head. I felt the same way. Deep down I still feel the same way. "When you see the kid on the ultrasound or whatever I can fill promise you that it's the most amazing thing you'll ever...feel." It's kind of a honour to know I'm Bee's dad. She's amazing.

   I don't know how people can say their ultrasounds look like aliens...Bee is very much human and actually...really pretty. Small but pretty.

   "I know that..." his voice trails off again as I carefully slide his drink over the kitchen surface. "It's just...the shock and me not being in a good place at the moment with life. Like - I don't think I have what it takes to be a dad. I see shit Midsy has to do and like...fuck that. All the effort. I just want to...you know" - he holds up the blue PS4 controllers whoch he must've carried in here - "be left alone and play games and other shit." I mean that sounds like the ideal life...

   But being a dad sounds much more mature and right for our ages. "We aren't going to be young forever." I whisper under my breath. I don't know why...it just feel weird to say out aloud. I'm probably scared he is going to judge me or tell me that I'm not young or whatever.

"If you need me" - he blanks everything we've just spoken about - "I'm going to be upstairs...dreaming my life away." Before I can say 'congratulations' Kyle and his tea disappear from my sight.

At least I have some new gossip for a very bored Maisie...