Seventy-Six.

~ December 21st 2020 ~

   After yesterday evening Dan and Lana invited me and Kyle to their new house. I don't think neither me or Kyle wanted to decline the offer, it's good that we're friendly. I mean...it's not that I miss Dan - but I don't want to live the rest of my life cringing when someone says my baby daddy's name. That's not a life.

   I guess it's still awkward but at least everyone is trying to get along. The person in this room who I actually care about is the woman who Dan cheated on me with, admittedly I owe my life to her. She's quiet...maybe everything I said about her since before to say was irrational. She is sweet I guess? Sweet and playful.

   "That was well nice." Kyle says after putting his fork down on his clean plate. "I'll split the bill or whatever." Of course both Lana and Dan shake their heads at the same time with a smile. "Nah, it didn't cost much. Don't worry about it." The boys went out half an hour ago to collect the takeaway. I tried to talk to Lana but she was extremely shy. I guess she feels guilty?

I don't hate her. I can't admire her either. I can only try to like her...

While they disagree I stand up and excuse myself. I ask where the toilet is and climb up the stairs. This house is huge, Lana has a nice feminine touch though. Dan has basic masculine minimalistic style. One thing I did hate about him. I'm glad his let Lana actually make this place feel homely...and cozy.

While I head straight for the white bathroom door - I stop dead in my tracks.

Two doors are cracked slightly open. The walls in those rooms are...pink and blue. Both pastel. I close my eyes for a few seconds and near them. I open up the blue nursery first, because it's more bearable for me. Although I never got to paint Bee's room pink. I smile at the white furniture. The room is...cute. Inside of the cot there's a small onesie laid out and ready besides a few soft toys.

I don't notice Lana creeping up the stairs, I only jump when she knocks on the door. I turn around to see her holding her bump, "sorry." I say as I act not like a total weirdo. God, what is wrong with me?

Lana smiles and slightly shakes her head. "It's okay. I just...came up to go to the toilet. Sorry I didn't notice your in here first? I can go and out give you room...if you want?" I shake my head while Lana walks past me and holds the side of the cot. She then picks up the onesie.

"Fucking hell Dan." Lana growls under her breath - but with a smile - as she picks up the white onesie. "Is everything okay?" I laugh at her frustration. Lana nods her head. "Yeah, I told Dan to make sure his cot is ready."

I actually think that was sweet of Dan to lay his son's onesie out. "No doubt that he did it to her nursery too." Lana throws back her eyes with a smile.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you." Lana apologises once again. But this time I smile, "I never painted Isabelle's room. You know? I made interior designers come over and..." I close my eyes for a couple of seconds. "I'm so sorry." I swear if she says 'sorry' once more time.

   Why are British people so goddamn polite?

   "I know this is a weird random question..." Lana nods smiles, even if she doesn't know what I'm about to ask her. "Do they sleep like how Dan sleeps?" I mean...we need to bond about something we have in common. Lana nods her head, her eyes widen and her mouth falls open with a wide smile. "I was going to ask that! They're nightmares! Feel." With that she grabs my hand and puts it on her bump. I nod my head as I feel their kicks...tossing and turning.

   "They're due any day now, right?" They're strong. Way stronger than Bee ever was. "Yeah...If they're not out by Christmas Day then I'm getting a c-section." I nod my head. I wish I had a c-section...but that was for a different reason.

   "Christmas babies...that's going to be easier for presents in the future right?" Lana nods her head with a smile. "Yeah. Dan said the same thing. Of course I've got to give them Christmas themed names." I shake my head. "Let me guess Eve and...Noel?" Lana crosses her arms before shrugging. "I was thinking Holly and Jack. Like Jack Frost." I can't help but smile, those are two down to earth names.

   "No way did you just name our kids." Both me and Lana jump back startled as we see Dan leaning against the white bannisters. "Fucking hell Daniel!" Lana shouts while Dan leans forwards laughing. "Sorry..." he laughs while she walks over to him, still holding her son's tiny onesie. "Me and Ky was wondering where you both was. Holly and Jack are fucking wicked names." Dan says as he places a hand on her bump while she looks up at him with a glint of love in her pretty wide eyes.

   "I'm going downstairs..." I awkwardly say as Lana tells me to open up a bottle of wine for the other three. I nod my head with a smile and walk down the stairs while I hear them two kiss.

   Despite everything...they're sweet.