Don't touch me, Rich Boy.

A/N

This story jumps from personal point of view and narrative points. Also, I don't care if you don't really like this story. It speeds up considerably. This was my first fic and it is worth the read if you can get past the first few chapters.

Joey POV/ Joeys narrative.

The summer after we all graduated. Even Kaiba graduated, surprising for a prick who was never at school. Yeah he got his work done and all that. Kinda felt sorry for him though. All the times Mokuba was kidnapped and that shit about getting his butt kicked. I mean, it make me almost feel sorry for him, but Kaiba was rich. Rich people have shit easy. Well not easy, but easier than people of lower class.  Anyway, I'm gettin off topic. Fuck the rich prick.

Contrary to popular belief, I have a decent relationship with my Father. I didn't always but, hey, I do now.  I currently live in a penthouse a couple blocks from Yugi's game shop. It's nice and I can afford it. I live with Serenity incase you were wondering, nosy jerks. Actually, no, hang on, Serenity lives with ME. I've dated a few girls but not much excites me, I keep getting bored. Now don't be gross, I can get a hard on, I could pound fucking nails if I wanted to!! I'm getting off topic again.

Anyway after everything happened and we all somehow graduated, there was talk of a party. At Kaibas mansion, I know you're probably like, 'what the hell', right? Well Mokuba planned it and pretty much told his brother to deal.  I think we all decided that we had been through enough that we were friends, and when I say that, I mean Kaiba was friends with us now and couldn't get rid of us if he tried.

So, anyway, I "work" at the game shop. I hang out there and help out, mostly sign autographs, ya know, as all of us are famous now.  I ask a $5 donation to sign a picture and $5 to autograph a card, I give gramps 3/4 of whatever comes in and I keep the rest. Kaiba and Yugi were already famous but I'm telling the story.

I headed home from the Game Shop after a few hours of signing stuff and talking to kids. That's my favorite part, getting to talk to the kiddos.  I got home and saw Serenity was gone, she left a note.

"Joey, hanging with Téa tonight, probably won't be home. See you in the morning. Love Serenity."

I scrunched my eyes 'Well, now what?'. Considering it's Friday, hell with it. I'll have a little party here. Not a rager but a few friends. I sent a mass text and surprisingly, everyone showed up, even my sister. Turns out when a guy of my standing sends a text to his friends, someone else gets wind of it and puts the fuckin thing on Twitter. Oh well, not like I care. Only certain people are allowed in my building. My friends all have key cards, yes, even the rich dickweed. Okay hang on not all my friends, Bakura still freaks me the fuck out but he's allowed in with supervision. Luckily, no one tweeted about my little get together.

Tristan, Duke, Yugi and Yami all showed up at the same time. Then Téa and my sister, Ryou and Bakura, Mokuba and Kaiba. I had the place stocked with beer, wine, whatever. And for you assholes saying the drinking age in Japan is 20, let me tell you, we didn't care. I personally felt  30 some days.  Obviously Mokuba wasn't allowed to drink but the rest of us did. The party was going great, everyone was having a good time. I had food delivered and even Kaiba had settled and smiled a few times. I had a couple whiskey sours and figured I'd go have a smoke on my balcony, yes, I smoke cigarettes sometimes. 

I stood outside swirling my whiskey tumbler and looked down at the street below. I didn't hear the door slide shut and was startled by Kaiba.

"Holy shit man! Ya made me drop my glass!" I complained, as we watched my drink fall to the street below, "it's a good thing no one was down there, you'd be paying for it not me!"

"Cold out here, Wheeler," he stated, completely ignoring that I could've sent someone to the hospital by accident.

"Yeah, I know. It's kinda peaceful," I said glancing over at Kaiba, "well I have to go get a new glass now. Excuse me,"

"Hold on," Kaiba said, holding his arm out to keep me from walking back inside, "here, it's Jack Daniels," he handed me a flask.

I looked at his hand, and took the flask, taking a swig, I said, "Ya know, Kaiba, a year or two ago, we wouldn't be able to have this civil of a conversation. What changed?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I didn't like any of you. Yugi was the only one in your group worth anything. Oh, don't give me that look, Wheeler, you know it's true." Kaiba answered honestly while taking a drink from his flask. Kaiba had let off the mutt comments after we had became friends, or whatever we were, he still threw them when he was crabby but he called me Wheeler now.

"Yeah, but, what are we now? Friends?" I asked him. I secretly wanted him to say yes, after all we had been through.

"Do you want the truth?" Kaiba asked, looking at me.

"Is it mean?" I responded, I never knew what he would say.

"Wheeler, after all this? Yes. I consider everyone here a friend of mine. You all helped Mokuba and myself. As much as I hate admitting I needed help with anything, you are my friend." He took another drink and handed me the flask back.  Neither of us spoke for a few minutes, listening to the music and noise from inside my place, it was a nice filler. We just passed the drink back and forth and stayed quiet.  Through the glass doors we could see Mokuba playing against Duke. They were playing Super Mario World.

"I'm gonna head in, ya comin?" I looked at the dark haired male next to me.

"Yeah. Right behind you." Kaiba answered me. "Hang on, Joey?"

That made me stop in my tracks and turn around, "Uh, yeah Kaiba?" Kaiba stepped less than a foot away and held out the flask again. "Uhh." Was all I could muster as I reached for the cool metal container, as soon as my hand was about to grasp it, Seto dropped it and grabbed my wrist instead. "Nyeh! What man!" I asked him while trying to loosen his death grip on my wrist.

He tightened his grip and moved closer to me, whispered in my ear, "If you tell anyone I said we were friends, I'll kill you. Got that Mutt?"

"What the hell man. Let go. No I won't tell anyone!" I whispered harshly at him as he dropped my hand.

"Good. Now I need to go inside and check on Mokuba." Kaiba said as he brushed passed me.

'What a fuckin loon' I thought to myself as I rubbed my wrist and picked up the flask that had lay almost forgotten. I watched from my balcony as Kaiba got himself a beer and sat by Mokuba. Before he sat down though, he looked through the glass doors at me winked. 'What? Wait did he just wink at me? No. Couldn't have. Fucking weirdo.'  I furrowed my eyebrows at him, confused, and he winked again while raising his beer as if he was toasting me then turned back to the tv. 'Son of a bitch. What the hell? He did do it. He's gotta be drunk. Yeah that's it'  I decided to head in and hang out, it's my house after all. I looked in the window again and saw Mai. That woman made me happy.

The next hour was the wind down and everyone had called Uber's or walked back to where they were headed. Serenity ended up staying home and I didn't mind. I loved her being there with me. She made sure I didn't die or burn the place down.