Regrets

Joey POV

I hopped out of my Uber and walked up to the airport doors. Although it was Christmas, there were still flights coming and going out of the city. I had my backpack on and walked into the airport, after passing security, I looked at outgoing flights. I told the ticket lady I didn't care where I went. I wanted the next available flight out of Japan. She nodded and booked me a flight to Vancouver Canada. I left in two hours. I checked my phone again and had another message from Seto.

Seto: When will you be home?

I decided to respond.

Joey: Fuck you. I'll be back when I feel like it.

I found a wireless store and bought a cheap phone. I took the battery out of mine and tossed it in my bag. I was done being 'incompetent'. The time waiting for my flight went by quickly. I half expected to be stopped on the tarmac by Seto but thankfully I wasn't. The plane took off and I said good bye to Domino city. I muttered, "Shithole." while we flew away. I had a few gin and tonics on the plane, luckily I didn't get too drunk and I remembered to grab cash money while packing. I didn't want Seto to track me by phone or credit card.

I fell asleep while in the air. It was strange, going from first class elite travel back to regular ways. By the time I touched down, I was remorseful. Honestly I didn't know what I was thinking. Why did I do this? It was just a small argument. But then again, it was on Christmas, he made me feel bad. Looking at my new cheap phone I realized it was the 26th of December. I missed Christmas. No, I didn't miss it. I chose to do this.

I sat down on a bench to figure out what I was going to do. I texted Yugi to let him know I made it somewhere safe and to please not tell. Yugi responded quickly telling me not to worry but that I should check in with him now and again.

I felt my stomach wrench. I hadn't ate in hours. I left the airport and found some McDonald's. I thought about calling Seto. I called Mokuba first with my cheap phone to test the waters.

"Hellooo?" Mokuba asked.

"Mokuba, DONT SAY ANYTHING. Its me Joey."

"Oh.. hey Yugi, what's up? How was your Christmas?" Mokuba caught on quickly.

"Thanks kid, so, I don't want to ask but..." I trailed off.

"Oh really? That's a bummer!"

"Great, So it's not good there?" I was thankful Mokuba was a quick kid and understood codes.

"Yeah, the snow, it's just awful over by our house." Mokuba yakked on as if he was talking to Yugi. "Hang on let me go down the hallway, your phone sounds weird." As soon as Mokuba was away from wherever, he started talking normal. "Where the fuck are you?" He whisper screamed. "Your sister is freaking out!"

"I-,"

"And don't even get me started about Seto!"

"I'm in Vancouver," I mumbled.

"Joey- you're. Vancouver? I know out of you and I, you're the adult but you need to call him. He's been locked in YOUR guys bedroom since you left. Just, do it before I tell him I talked to you." Mokuba sighed. "Do it or I'll get Serenity pregnant," I could picture the dirty smirk on Mokubas face.

"Fucker." I hung up. I screamed in the McDonald's and looked like a lunatic. I took a few deep breath's and left the restaurant. I found a decent hotel nearby and checked in. Using cash and my ID, I didn't need a credit card. I know that they only charged your credit card if there were issues. I found my room and found it wasn't horrible but I had stayed in worse places. I groaned and took a shower. I flopped on the bed. I pulled my phone out of my back pack, putting the battery back in, I called Seto.

The phone rang four times. I was about to hang up when Seto answered.

"...hello...?" Seto mumbled.

"Seto?"

"...what...?"

"I love ya." I whispered.

"...you do?"

"Until the end." I promised.

"...am I allowed to ask where you are?" My brunette whispered.

"Vancouver."

"... Canada?"

"Yeah. It was the first available out of Japan."

"I'm... can I come there?" I could hear he was sad and wanted to see me.

"....yeah.. ya can come here... should I meet ya at the airport?"

"... yeah... I'm leaving now."

"Wait, aren't ya at work?" I realized what time it was back home.

"...no I'm home and this is more important. You're enough for me. I should be there in 7 hours or more. Go to sleep. I love you. I'll find you."

"Okay, I'm at a hotel." We ended our conversation and I sent Seto my location. I rubbed my eyes and passed out from exhaustion.

I woke up to someone curled up next to me. I moved my arm and realized it was Seto.

"I love you," Seto whispered, he was awake.

"I love ya too." I whispered back. "How'd ya get in?"

"It's me. I can do anything. Do you want to get married?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, in a few hours?"

"How?" I was surprised.

"Vegas?"

I rolled over and looked at him. It was easy to see his eyes were tired and red. "You're fuckin with me." Seto didn't say anything. "You're not?"

"No."

"That's a lot to unpack, Kaiba."

"I know what I want."

"Ya want a Vegas weddin? I don't believe that."

"I don't want a Vegas wedding. I just don't want to wait any longer. I'd marry you right now if I could."

"Sure. Why not? Let's go." I laughed.

"Okay." Seto sat up and pulled me up into a hug. "Get dressed."

"Wait- are ya bein serious?"

"Of course I am," the CEO assured me as he got dressed. "I have my jet. If you mean it, let's go."

I smiled, "Ya look exhausted."

"I have a pilot." Seto shrugged and stifled a yawn.

"Okay."