Goodbye November.

Seto POV

Being at work in the winter season was obnoxious. There was snow all over. I had forgotten how much I hated the snow. Awful, cold, wet, and most of all, inconvenient. Joey, for some god awful reason, loved the snow. I checked my email one last time before heading home. I had a charity gala scheduled for December 12th. The proceeds would be divided up and disbursed to children's homes through out Domino City. Jane had been a Godsend. Everything was set except the venue. Joey had been trying to talk me into using my ballroom at the mansion. It was a different conversation. We were heading back from KaibaCorp.

"Why can't ya have it at the house?"

"I like my privacy."

"I know but ya could have it there. People would like it." Joey said as he looked out the car window.

"You have a point. I'm just not comfortable."

"You're lettin a couple of the kids come too right?"

"I'm considering it. Why?" I looked at Joey.

"Seto, after everythin you and your brother went through, could ya ever imagine ya would have became what ya are now?"

"I never believed I would become who I am. You know this, Joseph." I said angrily. "I'm tired of discussing this."

"Yeah, whatever. Ya just shut up and listen to me. Okay? YOU became one of the richest men in the world. YOU. YOU came from an orphanage, I swear to god Seto stop looking at me like that! If I were a little kid lookin and hopin for a family? I would kill for a chance to meet ya. If I were a kid, you'd be my Santa clause. That's all I'm sayin!"

"Joey-"

"Roland! Can ya please let me out!?" Joey shouted at Roland. Roland nodded and pulled the car over, putting it in park, Joey jumped out.
"Grow the fuck up! Kids look up to ya!! Seeing what ya made of yourself would help them! I'll talk to ya later!" Joey shouted before slamming the door and kicking the tire before heading back the other direction.

"Are you alright Mr. Kaiba?" Roland asked.

"Yes. I'm fine. Let's go."

"Would you like me to send a car for him?"

"No. He's a big boy. He will understand what he's done. Take me home."

It was a quiet ride home. I tried to put Joey and the conversation out of my head, absentmindedly spinning my ring. Frustration. We didn't fight often.
---
Joey POV

"Fuckin rich boy. Fuck him!" I screamed and kicked a garbage can. I didn't care I was so angry. I looked around and realized I was far from anywhere. I called Téa. I don't know why but I just needed someone who would listen to me. it was a short conversation.

"I need ya to pick me up. Please don't ask why and please don't tell anyone. I'm six blocks from KaibaCorp by that little coffee shop."

"Um. Sure Joey, go to the coffee shop I'll be right there in like 15 minutes."

"Thanks Téa. I'll be inside." I groaned and hung up the phone. I ordered a small black coffee for myself and something that had Oreo cookies in it for Téa.

I didn't even notice she had arrived, I was sitting in a booth with my head in my hands, hating everything.

"Joey? Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I just want things to be OK between us. There are little kids from the orphanage that would die to meet him! All I wanted was for him to stop being so proud and acknowledge where he came from! Fuckin bastard can't even do that. I hate 'im! Can we leave? I know y just got here but I can't stay here. I gotta get away from here."