Virtual Reality Revisited.

Seto POV

I got to work and it seemed no one was fully functional. The place was a shit storm, ever since the death discovery, KaibaCorp stocks were down 10%. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to piss me off, today, it was down 14%.  I was livid. On top of the dip in my market, I was still dealing with the investigation. I kicked my office door closed and threw my briefcase at a window. The box made a twang noise as it bounced to the floor. Today was going to be rough. I only hoped Joey was having a better time than me.

———
Joey POV

I drove back to my apartment but stopped at Tristan's to get Fuzz. When I got Fuzz inside I pet him and we cuddled. I checked the news and saw that there were discoveries in the case. Suicide. It was unofficial from law enforcement but it came from the girls family. The family didn't release details but they did apologize for the stress they caused the Domino Police and other parties. Other parties meaning Seto and I. I put my phone down and pet Fuzz. "Ya wanna go see Daddy? Go see Daddy at work? Huh? Go for a ride?"

We took a little nap before heading to see Seto. After Fuzz pottied, we loaded up and drove to KaibaCorp. I checked my phone on the way up and saw that KC stock was steadily rising again. That was good. Seto wouldn't be so crabby. Jane told me he was having a meeting so I shouldn't interrupt. I left Fuzz in Janes hands, when Setos next meeting was over, she would quickly slip him into the back office bedroom.

Instead of lazing around in Setos office lobby, I went downstairs to the VR Room. After being cleared for entrance, I wanted to go talk to the older virtual me.

Changing clothes, I entered the room and saw the mansion in front of me. Not bothering to knock, I headed in. I didn't see anyone so I went upstairs. I ran into my other self in the hallway.

"You're back." Older me smiled.

"Yeah. Uh. Got some questions." I crossed my arms.

"Yeah me too, what's with the hair?" Older me pointed to my short hair.

"Ah, yeah, kinda what I wanted to talk about."

"Alright, follow me, we can go sit down. Is this about after you got married?"

"I'd rather stand. How did you know, about that?"

"He told Seto. This is his chosen reality, well one of them. He comes here once a week."

"And what did he say about it?"

"He told the truth, he was drunk and made a mistake. He would never do it again."

"Did he tell ya that she's dead?" I crossed my arms.

"Yes, He did."

"And?"

"And what?" Older me asked, mirroring my movement and crossing his arms.

"I don't know."

"What do you want me to say? No. Seto didn't do it. He couldn't have, sure it's possible that he could have, but not himself maybe someone else but he wasn't involved and like you already said she would have committed suicide right?"

"Yeah, but that's not the point." I groaned.

"Yes. He cheated on you. Did he mean it? Absolutely not. What more do you need?"

"Does he do it again?"
———
Kaiba pov

I had just left my third meeting of the day and I was hungry. Entering my office, I saw the note from Jane.

Mr. Kaiba

Fuzz is in your office bedroom.
Joey is in the VR Room.

Jane.