March

Joeys pov

It had been three weeks since the girl was found dead. Of course, I was investigated and so was Seto.

I was moved from person of interest to possible Person of Interest. Didn't bother me, I didn't kill her. I had been getting non stop phone calls from everyone. Phone calls from my mom, asking me if we were getting a divorce. Phone calls from my dad, asking if I was alright. Even my friends were treating me different. They know I'd never kill someone, okay maybe not never, but I'd need a better reason than the one I had.

Today was Tuesday so I had taken Fuzz to obedience class. I took him to the groomer first thing this morning and he smelled all nice. It was a fine day. The sun was coming down nicely and the majority of the snow had melted. I thought back to the last three weeks. Seto and I had had 8 successful dates in the past 21 days. Out of the eight dates, five had led to Seto spending the night with Fuzz and I. The last night he was over, things got heated.

We made out in my kitchen, moved to the living room and went to bed naked. Although I wanted more than anything to touch Seto, I held back. We cuddled and fell asleep holding each other. I woke up with Seto curled against me, deep in sleep.

My phone ringing brought me back to now.
It was Mokuba.

"Hey Kid, what's up?"

"Nothing Joey, What're you doing tonight?"

"Well Nothin as of yet, why?"

"I'm asking you to come over for dinner."

"Hmm. This is you askin?"  I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah it is. Setos been way happier lately and I think you coming over here would be good for both of you."

"Uh huh."

"Come on, please? Serenity and I won't be there. I just want you guys to  be happy again. I asked the cooks to make lasagna so that's what's for dinner. Please? It would mean a lot to Seto." Mokuba pleaded.

"Fine, you wore me down. What time should I be there?"

"Seven should work."

"Okay kid. Thanks. See ya."
I slipped my phone back into my pocket. "Fuckin little shit."

I showered and dressed in casual clothes then headed over to the mansion. It was only 4:55 but I didn't want to sit at my apartment doin Nothin. I texted Tristan and asked him to watch Fuzz for the evening.

Tristan: Oh????? You going over to Kaibas?

Joey: Shut up. Yes. Please watch Fuzz.

Tristan: Sure. I'm still not sorry.

Joey: Idc. You don't need to be. He needs to be knocked down a peg every now and then.

Tristan: Look if you need me, I'm a call away.

With that out of the way, I headed inside and walked around the mansion. It was a strange feeling, being alone in the home of Seto Kaiba. I walked into his office where the incident happened and was surprised. All the furniture had been removed. I chucked to myself and went to grab a drink. Armed with two extra beers, I headed out to the fire pit and my suspicions were confirmed. He had burned every piece of furniture from the office.

It hit me, he didn't do it on purpose. He never would do that to me. I already knew it but seeing the charred pieces of desk, it really hit me. I laughed and I checked my watch, 5:15. I downed a beer and had another open while I headed back in. I wanted to be here again, didn't I? I had forgiven him. Didn't I? I loved him.