Dinner with this hot stud.

Seto POV

I closed my laptop and went to find Joey.

"So do you want to try the tub out?" I asked.

"Maybe, are ya joinin me?" Joey gave me puppy eyes.

"Of course," I smiled, "you're such a cute puppy."

"I'm not a puppy, Kaiba."

"Okay come on, let's go take a bath." I said leading Joey to the large tub. I turned the water on and threw the bubble solution in. Soon the water was hot and steaming up the bathroom.

"Oooh this is perfect, get in." Joey begged, splashing the water around. I climbed in with him and splashed him back.

"Can ya wash my hair?"

"Sure." I said, pulling Joey close to me, "this bath smells good. I'm happy I'm here with you."

"I know," Joey said as I scrubbed his hair with shampoo. "I'm happy ya made your move. I've been thinkin about some stuff."

"Yeah? Dunk your head." I said as I scrubbed the shampoo out of Joey hair.

"Don't forget the conditioner," Joey chuckled when he lifted his head from the water.

"I won't. So what have you been thinking about?"

"I want to come out as your boyfriend." Joey answered as he scrubbed his arms. It was like a bomb went off and he was immune to it. Casually washing himself. He turned around and looked at me. "Is that a bad idea?"

"No. I just didn't expect that." I answered honestly. I washed my hair and pulled Joey close to me. "I don't care what the world has to say about us. I've never felt this way about someone before."

"I feel the same way. I have for a long time." Joey admitted.

"I know I don't have to ask but are you hungry?"

"Ya sure do know me Kaiba, I'm starved."

I stood up and drained the bath, Joey whipped me with a towel. "Knock it off,"

"Nah, I'm enjoyin this." He said smacking me again.

"Knock. It. Off." I growled.

"Kay, let's go." Joey groaned and jumped out of the dissipating water, pulling me into a soft kiss before walking to the bedroom and getting dressed.

———
We headed to a small restaurant in the mountains with a sushi bar. Pegasus had bought an expensive bottle of gin to be given to us at dinner.

"Well this is a nice surprise," I remarked as I accepted the dark bottle of Ki No Bi.

"I think so too. It's gonna get better." The blonde winked at me.

"We better get back soon then." I whispered.

"I hope ya like my gift," Joey whispered as he rubbed my thigh. "Let's go, I want to celebrate your birthday in style." Joey asked a waitress to take our picture.

We left the sushi bar and decided to walk back to the hotel. The village community in Mount Kita was a small one with everything close together.

I grabbed a bottle of tonic water and we took turns drinking the gin and tonic as we walked back.

"Hey kaiba?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm really glad ya came to my party a few months ago."

"I am too," I said as I passed the drinks back to Joey.

We got to our room and it happened.
"Sit down, I gotta give ya my present."

"What is it?"

"Just sit down. Please?

I crossed my arms, "fine," smiling I sat down.

Joey pulled out a jewelry box from his bag and tossed it to me from across the room.  It felt heavy in my hand. It didn't feel heavy enough to be a watch. I was so nervous. I could hear the blood rushing to my ears and my heart wouldn't slow down back to a normal rhythm. I felt my head get heavy. I looked up at him. Joey looked cool as a cucumber, no fear in his eyes. His arms were crossed as he leaned against the dresser in our hotel room.

"Well, ya gonna open it?" He asked.

"What- What is this?" I whispered, "Joey?"

"Ya gotta open it to find out. It's not your birthday for a few hours but if ya wanna open it, ya can." He whispered back.

I felt hot and my hands got warm and sweaty. I flipped the box open and saw two beautiful rings. Plain bands, but still elegant. One was a white silver color and the other was darker. I looked up at Joey, I realized he was right in front of me. I hadn't heard him walk over. "What-?" Was all I could muster.

"Well, this one," Joey pulled the lighter ring out and set it in my hand, "is yours. And this one," he pulled the other ring out, "is mine. Don't panic, they're for middle fingers, not engagement rings."

I looked at the ring he had placed in my hand, looking closer, it was engraved. I gasped, "Does this say-"

"Joey Wheeler." Joey answered with a  little smile. "Look at mine." He whispered as he handed it to me.

"Seto Kaiba." I read out loud.

"Hey, is that okay?" Joey asked.

" I love it. This is a great present. I- I hate to admit it, you've made me speechless. I love it. I love you."

"So, is it okay if I put the picture of us havin dinner on instagram?"

"Yes. I want you to." I heard myself say.

Joey pulled his phone out and clicked a few things and I heard my phone notification. Instagram. I opened the application.

"Dinner with this hot stud. #backoffgirls #JoeyWheeler #SetoKaiba #Yeahweredating
#Birthdaydinner #SushiBar #KiNoBi

"This is cute," I said chuckling as I hearted the post. "We should probably turn off notification alerts."

"Yeah, I don't want my phone to blow up." Joey said laughing. "Wait, can we post a picture of the rings?"

"That's up to you." I said looking at him.

"Nyeh, maybe I'll wait. Don't wanna break the internet all at once." Joey smiled.