Tacos.

A/N
There's music in this one. I just love Mai Lan.

Joeys POV

I got home and unloaded Fuzz and the groceries. Looking at everything on my counter, I rubbed my head. "It would be easier if I had a personal chef." I got to work cutting up the onions and tomatoes. It was only 2:30 so it would be a few hours before Seto would get here anyway. After finishing prepping the vegetables, I wrapped them and put them in the container in my fridge.

Next I decided to organize my deck. It had been a while since I had done anything with it. Unfortunately, this only killed an hour.

I heard my elevator / door alarm alert me someone was buzzing for my flat. My phone dinged, text message.

Mai: Hey! Open the door it's me!

I didn't bother responding, just buzzed the door so she could come up and get on my floor. The elevator door opened and out bobbed the voluptuous Mai Valentine.

"Hey hon! I brought you something!"

"Yeah? What's that?" I smiled.

Mai grabbed my arm and pulled me to my kitchen. "Sit!"

"Uhh Okay." I sat on one of my bar stools.

"Close your eyes."

"Mai!"

"Oh come on! Please?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," crossing my arms, I huffed.

"Okay! Open! Open, open!"

There was a deck spread out on my counter top. "Hey, I just saw all these cards," I reached into my pocket and pulled my deck out and set it next to the one on the counter. "So?"

"Oh! Here!" Mai handed me a black box.

"What's this? Looks like a picture frame?"

"It's a shadow box. People put stuff in them. Like mementos."

"Mentos? Like the mints?"

"Nooo-"

"I'm just fuckin with ya. Like baby shoes and stuff?"

Mai put her hands on her hips. "Yes. But this one is for this deck. It's a copy of yours."

"A copy, huh?" I raised an eyebrow.

"There's a Red Eyes in there," the blonde woman said in a sing song voice.

"No way," I look at at Mai and shuffled through the cards. "Holy- where did you get this?!"

She smirked, "I just happen to know people."

"This is amazin. You're great. I can't wait to hang this up."

Mai smiled sadly and walked around into my living room. "I liked being here."

My stomach dropped. "I don't know what to say..." I followed her to the living room and stood a few feet away.

Mai waived her hands in the air. "Nothing. Don't say anything. Have fun with that," she nodded to my new shadow box. "Send a picture when you hang it."

"Okay." Before I knew it, like a ghost, she was gone as if she hadn't been there at all.

I rubbed the back of my neck and screamed into my hands. "GOD DAMN IT!" I kicked my coffee table over and scared Fuzz, who ran into my bedroom. I wanted to rip my tv off the wall, to throw my furniture off my penthouse deck to the street below, I wanted to call Mai and tell her I was sorry. I knew what it felt like to be in love and have your heart torn apart. "FUCK!!!" I grabbed a bar stool and slammed it on my counter until it splintered and disintegrated. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels. I knew this wasn't the right decision but I was so angry, I didn't care. I slid down behind my bar counter and took a few deep sips.