Chapter 4

We make our way down to the ER, my heart pounds vigorously; I'm not surprised that I'm met with mayhem. The man in question clenches his hand as his face darkens to a deep red; I worry the man is going to pass out. No leather. The thought slams relief through me; the agitated man doesn't make my heartbeat skyrocket. Only if they are in leather, I don't get it. Maybe because men in leather enjoyed your pain. I blow a harsh breath from my nose; I hate myself for even entertaining this mess. Brenda and her vanishing act really pisses me off.

Turning my attention back to the nurse who had been forced to come find me. "Go get some Lorazepam." The woman nods before she scuttles off to get the sedative. I don't know why no one had done that to begin with. Steve stands off to the side as he clutches his jaw, I sigh. I'm not shocked he's the one to have been hit. What has this come to? He turns as I walk up; I glance towards the man as he's in a heated argument with law enforcement. I don't know why they bother, he's hopped up on something, I'd bet my bottom dollar that it's PCP.

That's some aggressive stuff. "He came in requesting some medical attention, saying he needed some fentanyl." I raise an eyebrow as the man looks around with a wild look in his eyes.

"And he needs that for what?" As far as I can tell the man is fine; the only questionable thing I see is blood at the corners of his mouth. Steve shrugs, not having an answer for that.

"I don't know, just said he needed it; Alice called us and the officers. We've been waiting for someone to administer something to knock him out. Alice said Brenda slipped out five minutes ago; she went to find her." He gives me another shrug and I watch as the man once again releases a frustrated scream, eyes wild.

"I NEED A FUCKING DOCTOR YOU ASSHOLES!" He shouts as the nurse walks my way with the syringe; she pauses and pales as she stares at the man's slim vibrating form. I wait until she gives me what I need and head over to the man slowly and calmly.

"I'm a Doctor; how can I help you, sir?" I keep the syringe hidden out of sight, watching as his eyes turn towards mine. His bloodshot eyes meet mine and I watch as he pauses, attempting to process the new information.

"I-I need Fenty." Knowing that there isn't anyway for me to reason with the man. I nod slowly.

"Ok, can you tell me where it hurts?" The man blinks befuddled, his eyes can't focus on anything. He opens his mouth, making me wince; yeah, that would hurt if he wasn't already on PCP. If I had any guess, he just wants the Fentanyl for his 'coming down' period. His front teeth, upper and lower jaw have been shattered into sharp shards.

"I need Fen-Fenty." He slurs once more earning another nod, I look at the nurse. Attempting to get her to understand my plan.

"Can you give me some Fentanyl? He needs some for the injuries to his teeth." Self harm is common with addicts, especially PCP users. The nurse nods before she darts off to do what I asked. My eyes focus on the man as an officer standing to the side pulls out his taser and my eyes widen. Please don't do something that freaking stupid! My silent request is ignored, much to my dismay. The young officer ejects the taser into the man; the prongs stab him in the neck and back of the head. This is going to suck.

An enraged shriek emits from his chest, before anyone can react he throws himself at me. My mind screeches to a halt, short circuits for a lack of a better term. Falling back, I'm stunned back into action as my head ricochets off the floor and my eyes cross in pain. His hands make poor attempts at fists as his arms rain down slaps in the form of punches. One blow connects with my cheek as my heart pounds harshly. I raise an arm to block his feeble blows; my other hand flicks the cap off and slams the needle into his neck.