Chapter 19

Waking up the next day, I wince as I'm blinded with startling rays of light. The blinds are only partially closed, stripping the room with its golden rays. I just had to lie in the right spot to be blinded the moment I wake up, figures. Yawning, I go to stretch and quickly regret that decision. The pain medication Axel had coaxed me into taking last night after teasing me to no ends, finally wore off. My hand moves to his side of the bed, feeling the fading warmth of his body.

Lifting my head I look around the room, spotting the closed bathroom door, my sleep hazed mind recognizing the sounds of running water. Dropping my arm over my eyes, I release a sigh; I want to go back to sleep. My body loudly protesting everything at this point. The urge to get up and use the restroom has me dropping my arm. Staring at the ceiling, no matter how high your pain tolerance is, the second you wake up it always hits you hard. Snorting at the thought, I finally push myself up into a sitting position.

I even attempt to censor myself and not growl out curses. Pausing in my struggle, my eyes are drawn towards the bathroom door, watching as it's pulled open. A cloud of steam seeps from the open door, the golden glow of sunlight gracing his form. Giving him a bad boy godly glow, staring at him for a moment, I have to admire him. Softly tanned skin graced with detailed ink art masterpieces. Muscled arms, broad shoulders leading to a toned chest and lean stomach. A deep v being hidden by the low hanging towel wrapped around his slim waist.

"Baby G, you know a picture lasts longer." Deciding to be cheeky, I give him a bit of a giggle, throwing a wink at him.

"That may be true, but I prefer the real thing." Then to make a show, I bite my lip and give him a once over. I love the view, it's a grand one. I still can't get over the belly button piercing, I'm a fan of that. Maybe it's just the man that's flaunting the piece of jewelry that makes me like it. I have to chuckle as he makes his own show, turning slowly, giving me a full view of his toned back. I only wish the towel wasn't covering his taut ass, I internally sigh.

"You have a point, Baby G; why have a picture when you could have the time of your life with the experience?" I have to chuckle at the confidence and cocky nature of his tone. He's got me wrapped around his finger and he knows it. Turning, I let my legs hang off the side of the bed, grimacing. "You need to take your meds, babe." I wave my hand at him, rubbing my belly.

"I can't have them on an empty stomach; nice try though." Axel offers a snort before heading for the closet, not bothering to shut the door before dropping his towel. Vain bastard, I grin watching as he pulls on a pair of black jeans leaving them unbuttoned before turning towards me.

"I'm not letting you get out of it Doc, you need to take them." Grabbing my crutches, I stand up, pausing for a moment. After making sure my equilibrium will not dump me right on my ass, I head for the bathroom.

"Look at you, taking my aftercare more seriously than your own. Hypocritical, don't you think?" His snort makes me want to laugh.

"That's different!" Pausing in the door, I raise an eyebrow at him, cocking a hip.

"Really? How's that?" He looks at me before pointing at the bathroom door.

"Go do what you have to, we have plans for the day." The lane change makes me laugh as I shake my head. Heading into the bathroom, I shut the door, taking care of business. Brushing my teeth before I wash my face. There's a knock on the door before it cracks open. "Can I open the door?"

"Yeah" Axel pushed the door open holding two outfits. A black floral skirt and cami, or a pair of baggy sweatpants with a cami, versatile, love it.

"What one do you want?" Rinsing my face off, I grab the towel to dry off.

"The skirt will probably be less of a pain to get into. Can you grab a cardigan for me?" The look I'm greeted with is precious; he sets the skirt on the sink before giving a slow nod. Turning, he leaves the bathroom, making me smile at him. I wonder how long before he gives up and asks what one I want. Shaking my head at the thought, I change my panties before slipping the skirt over my head. Pulling off my tank top and bra, I change into the bralette he had grabbed before pulling on the cami.