Chapter 12

I'm amazed, it's been two pretty amazing months; if I'm going to be honest with myself. Sure, it's been a slight hell having to deal with the clinic and the random emergency calls from the hospital. But it's been manageable; working for Axel hasn't been a complete nightmare like I was fearing. None of them are like my demons. While I want to shake the devilishly handsome man; I haven't wanted to choke him. Or anything else equally nasty. I look forward to going in to work now.

To my full and utter surprise, he's been an absolute gentleman. He still has that rough biker persona to keep up. So, of course you get those fun little innuendos. And if I'm being completely truthful; it's exciting to hear them. I feel included here; not like I'm some deranged outsider. The things he says always makes my stomach quiver. It surprised me he even attempted to say such things with me. Never in a million years did I dream I'd have an insanely hot man flirting with me. I figured after he heard about my past, he'd run for the hills.

Having him know about my past made things a little tense at first, I can admit. I kept waiting for him to decide that I needed to leave or that I needed to answer more questions. To my delight, nothing has happened. He hasn't even made a reference on the matter. True to his word, we talked once, in private at my cabin and that was all that was needed. I shake my head at the thought, hearing an exaggerated groan from my right side. I chuckle seeing my large Pitbull Hulk sitting in the seat with his face pressed into the glass. Maybe it's my imagination; but I don't feel caged because of my demons, not now.

He looks pitiful. Smiling, I roll the window down some more; that's another good thing that's happened. I could get my dogs back and home with me. Lily is laid out enjoying the sun on her fur as Dozer stands over her, pressing his snout out the window. Making me roll my eyes at the trio. Dozer and Hulk had a standoff the first few days before Lily just put them both in their place and figured out their spots in the pecking order of the herd she leads.

It's so funny watching them walk around the clinic like they own the place. I love taking them into work; they get to play with all the kids that stop by. The clinic has turned into a slight playground, especially when the parents are talking with me. It's so funny seeing just how many kids will get their shots or temps or anything else checked. They get to see and play with dogs; why wouldn't it be fun? It makes me think of Miranda, one of the little girls that's always hanging around the clinic playing with the dogs.

Her parents are just the sweetest, Linda her Mom loves that the clinic is open to the family of the members. I never knew how much trouble the family's of members were getting. Too many people are closed minded or at least stuck in the past. To think I was one of them. I know the club didn't start out clean or even nice. From what I've heard, the founder of the club was a fan of violence. The things I heard he's done make me shiver. Shifting thoughts back to Miranda, I look over trying to see if the pink bow she gave Lily is still with her.

Chuckling, she loves to dress her up, to keep her from doing it every day I had to ask Axel to set up a playground of some sort. I hoped it would at least halt the urges, somewhat. He got it done in two weeks. He's an amazing man. The dogs are always so worn out by the time we get home at a normal hour. I chuckle at the thought as I pull into my driveway, welcomed by my cabin. It's good to be home; with my fur babies.

Getting out I walk to the mailbox checking it, flipping through my junk mail as I head up my steps. I pause as I stare at the stone step, my heart stutters as I dart my eyes to the door. There wasn't mud on my steps this morning. I'm greeted with a stupid pamphlet for some carnival. All of them have taken their sweet time. "Come on guys, Momma is ready for dinner." Unlocking my door, I let my pups wander inside, watching as Lily saunters in before her brothers. I close the door and kick my shoes off. In the distance, I hear a rumbling roar; the screaming roar of the metal beasts sounds like a pack of Harley's; why would they come down here?