Chapter 40

Packing my bag sluggishly I offer Axel a smile listening as he chuckles, moving to wrap his arms around me and kiss my temple. "I know Baby G, if we could get away with staying here the rest of our lives, I'd be the happiest man alive, to be secluded with you is a dream." I blush and kiss his cheek, leaning against him. That would be a dream come true.

"Will we be able to come out here again? I really like it out here." I trail off softly, glancing out the window. Or maybe I just love the idea of living together, not at the clubhouse. It's been great having our own space, even if it's not our own. Being away from the clubhouse, the parties, and just loud atmosphere has made me miss, crave the silence of my home. The one that was blown to bits. I really need to figure something out. With everything else going on it's been a factor I've just neglected.

"I'm sure Pop's will let us borrow the cabin sometime. He doesn't get much use out of it anymore, too many memories for him." He murmured and I smiled. I really need to thank the man for letting us come up here. I hate to say it but our delightful retreat has to come to an end, the week long vacation is over, sadly.

"We should get him a gift basket, it was really nice of him letting us use it." Axel chuckled and kissed my cheek before moving away from me.

"I'm sure he'd accept a gift basket, though with him I'm sure a hug would do just as well." I smile and shrug. I think this earned more than just a hug.

"We should stop and get one, I think it'd make his day getting one." Axel smiled and nodded.

"Alright, we can stop and pick up a basket and drop it off before we head for home." Axel chuckled lightly, making me smile up at him.

"Thank you Axel. What sorta thing does he like? Chocolates or meat and cheeses?" Axel glanced at me before giving a shrug.

"He likes a bit of everything, did you want to start looking today?" He asked with a light chuckle making me blush slightly and nod.

"I figured it'd be nice to surprise him on the way into town, stop by and drop it off." I offer a shrug watching him smile. He smiled and nodded with a slight chuckle.

"Alright, we can stop by a mall on the way home, I'm sure we could find something that'll fit him." I nod in silence as I grab my bag chuckling as he grabs it from me. Such a gentleman.

"Thank you Axel, I think it'll make his day, it was really sweet of him to let us use the cabin." I smile at him, glancing around the room, brushing my hand over the blankets with a slight sigh as I have to admit that it's time to go back to reality. What a fun reality it is to come back to. The thought makes me cringe as I walk through the house one last time, making sure everything is closed and cleaned up. I really don't want to go back, to face those demons. The heavy feeling in my gut returns as reality comes back.

"You ready Baby G?" Nodding I sigh softly as I step out of the cabin, a bit dejectedly. Great, now I'm a pouting toddler, how becoming.

"Yeah, we should probably get back to the mess we walked away from." He chuckled and wrapped an arm around me.

"Don't worry we'll come back again, we'll celebrate once this is all over. Ok?" I give a smile and nod watching as he locks the door up.

"I know, I just don't really want to go back to that... mess, for a lack of a better term." I shrug in thought, I wait for him before we both walk to the car, he chuckles lightly making me smile up at him.

"Yeah, I know Baby G, but the quicker we get it over, the quicker we can get on with our lives." I smile and nod as I climb into the car.

"You're right." He chuckled as he got in and started the drive down to town.