Chapter 2

Arriving in the castle, Princess Zelda and the knight lead Thalia into a room that was adorned with royal designs. Up ahead, she saw the king of Hyrule staring down at her. Feeling somewhat intimidated, Thalia tried to act respectful as she took a bow.

The king smiled at the three young children standing before him. "Zelda, my daughter. And Link as well. Who is your new companion here?"

Zelda spoke up. "This is Thalia. We found her being ambushed by a group of Yiga Clan members."

"I see." The king saw that Thalia was still bowing her head. "Please raise your head, young one." Thalia raised her head, meeting the king's gaze. "Do not be afraid."

Thalia felt her heart pounding in her chest, trying to calm down. "Y-Yes, your majesty..."

"My name is Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. Tell me... Why were you out at this time of night?"

Thalia squeezed her lips together, trying to keep it together. "I was traveling back home with my parents. But then, we were attacked by those Yiga Clan members. They... They killed my parents..." Her eyes were watering up as tears ran down her face.

Zelda looked at her with worry, placing a hand on her back. The king looked like he understood the situation as he closed his eyes. "I'm terribly sorry about what has happened to your parents. You poor child..." He paused for a moment. "I welcome you to stay here if you like."

Thalia grunted, looking up at the king. "Your majesty... You would let me stay here? Are you sure..?"

The king nodded once, humming in response. "I do not wish for such a young child like yourself to be homeless. But I will not force this on you if you do not wish to stay."

Thalia wasn't sure what to do. Her parents were gone, and she didn't exactly know the way back home. Even if she did know, she wouldn't know how to live on her own. Letting out a small sigh, she responded. "Thank you, your majesty. I will accept your offer and stay here."

The king gave her a smile. "I'm glad to hear that." He turned towards his daughter and Link. "Zelda, Link... Be sure to make Thalia feel welcomed to her new home."

Zelda nodded in response. "I will, father! And I think I know what room to put her in!"

The king let out a soft chuckle. "Very well then. She's all yours, Zelda."

"Thank you, father!" She turned to Thalia. "Come with me. I'll show you where you'll be staying." She then turned to Link. "You may come along with us, Link."

Link nodded in response, not saying anything else. Thalia thought that Link was a man, in this case, a child with a few words. She saw that Link had passed her, cuing her to start following the princess and the knight.

Walking down the long hallway with a long red carpet and mini chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, only the sound of their footsteps could be heard.

Thalia followed them quietly, wanting to break the silence, wanting to tell them something. "Um... Thank you."

Zelda and Link turned around as Zelda spoke up. "What are you thanking us for?"

"For letting me stay here and saving my life." Thalia turned to Link. "Thank you." Link nodded in response, still wearing the same expression. She felt awkward that he didn't even say one word since they had met.

Zelda noticed this as she smiled. "Link is shy around people he isn't used to. Don't worry, he will open up to you soon."

"Oh, I see..." Thalia felt somewhat bad that she had thought of Link awkward. This moment taught her to not judge a book by its cover. "I need to ask... What were you two doing out?"

"We always go out when the blood moon rises. Of course we're not alone since knights are scattered around the castle, looking around to see if anyone is in need. We happened to find you, and we had to save you."

"Even though you're a princess, you go to the frontlines?"

Zelda let out a giggle. "Not all the time. I do this so I can learn to become stronger. I want to protect the people of Hyrule. As the future queen, I need to learn not only to maintain a kingdom, but to also know how to protect others as well."

Thalia's eyes sparkled at Zelda's mini speech. "You're amazing, your highness."

"You can call me Zelda!"

"Are you sure it's ok?"

"It's fine! I don't mind if you call me by my name. Since we're friends now, we can act casual with each other!"

Thalia felt uncertain about this, but since the princess was giving her the ok. "Alright, Zelda."

"That makes me so happy to hear you call me by my name!" Zelda stopped in front of a door, standing in front of it. "This will be your new room."

Zelda opened the door, having Thalia step inside of it. The room was a decent size. It had a bed with a mini lamp table beside it, a drawer, and a desk with a chair. It was a plain room, but Thalia didn't mind. Thalia turned towards Zelda with a smile. "I love it!"

Zelda returned the smile. "Glad to hear it." She paused for a moment. "Well... Link and I have more duties to attend to. If you need anything, you can always ask the servants nearby. You should get some rest."

Thalia nodded. "I will try. Goodnight Zelda, Link."

"Goodnight Thalia!" Link nodded in response as his way of saying goodnight. Thalia gave him a smile, seeing the two of them walking away from her bedroom door. Soon after, she closed it behind her.

Sitting on the bed, Thalia let out a sigh. She never thought her life would come to this. It felt weird that one minute she was with her parents, heading back home. And then the next minute, she becomes an orphan and now lives in Hyrule Castle.

Laying down on her back, Thalia pulled the covers over her, trying to get comfortable in the bed. The room felt so foreign to her, but she had to get used to it. Her eyes started to feel warm, thinking of her parents. Tears started to fall from her eyes. She closed them, trying her best to get some sleep with an broken heart.