Chapter 27

The next day, the people were all gathering for King Rhoam's funeral. There were knights carrying a coffin with the Hyrule royal crest on it. The people were shedding tears, watching the coffin passing by them.

The champions were there as well as Impa and Empress Shizuka to pay their respects to the king. They had their heads down with their eyes closed, having a moment of silence.

Making it to the hole where the king will be buried, Zelda was embracing Link while sobbing hard, unable to witness the burial of her father. Thalia was embracing Rowan with tears in her eyes while Rowan had his head down.

The knights were carefully placing the coffin into the hole. Those knights gave a moment of silence, holding their headgear in their hands. The other knights who were nearby were doing the same gesture. There were gray clouds in the sky, looking like it was about to rain at any moment.

As the funeral was coming to an end, a lot of people were walking away from the area. An older man with white hair that was slicked back, wearing sunglasses walked over to where the four were. "I'm so sorry for your loss."

Zelda sniffed, trying to calm herself down. "Thank you, kind sir."

The old man nodded in response, turning towards Link. "You're the Hylian Champion, correct?"

Link blinked at the old man, slowly nodded. "Yes, sir."

The old man hummed with satisfaction. "I've known many heroes in my lifetime, and you, Link. You are a fantastic hero."

Link started to feel doubt in his heart. "I couldn't do anything when Ganondorf captured Zelda. And I couldn't prevent my friends from getting a tattoo curse, and I wasn't there to protect the king... How could I be a hero if I can't protect the ones I care about?"

"If you believe in yourself... You can be. You can either give up or die trying. But I'm confident that you will know what to do."

Link was thinking to himself for a moment, trying to organize his thoughts. Though it felt like he had a lot of pressure on him, he smiled at the old man. "Thank you for your words."

"No problem. I'm really good at giving great heroes pep talks when they need it."

"What heroes are you talking about?"

The old man smiled. "A lot, I'll tell you that. I've been all over the place, not just Hyrule."

Zelda was blinking at the old man, feeling amazed but confused at the same time. "May I ask your name, sir?"

The old man smiled once more. "My name is a secret." There was a single drop that fell from the sky as more raindrops started to fall. The old man took out an umbrella, opening it up to cover himself from the rain. "I should take my leave. I came here to pay my respects to the king. I'm sorry again."

Zelda smiled sadly, her eyes wavering. "Thank you."

The old man smiled at the princess. "Until we meet again." He turned around and began to walk away. He was gradually getting smaller as he disappeared from sight.

Thalia looked at the empty distance in awe. "I wonder who that man was..?"

Rowan nodded, staring off into the distance. "I wonder that as well..."

"Whoever he is, he's a cool guy." Link said.

"I agree." Zelda nodded, turning towards the castle. "Let's head inside. We don't want to catch a cold." She started walking ahead with Link, Rowan, and Thalia following behind.