Chapter 21

Stepping foot in Goron City, the three looked around the area with their eyes. The entire area was surrounded by rocks and lava, seeing even more Gorons rolling instead of walking.

Link was looking around with his eyes, but he couldn't spot the Goron Champion anywhere. "Where is he..?"

"I'll ask someone." Rowan responded. He went over to a nearby Goron who was carrying a pickax. "Excuse me, do you know where to find Daruk?"

"He's over at the North Mine right now."

"Thank you very much." Rowan walked back to where Link and Thalia were. "It looks like we have to walk up that path there. That's where the North Mine is I assume."

Link nodded. "Then let's get going." The three started to follow the path where it leads up to the mine near Goron City.

Walking up the path, the ground started to shake, making the three stop. "What is that?" Thalia asked.

Link was looking around his surroundings, seeing a giant boulder charging straight at them. Going wide eyed, Link looked like he was about to jump. "I know that rock anywhere... Rowan! Thalia! Jump out of the way!"

Rowan grabbed Thalia, moving them out of the rock's path. Link managed to jump towards the other side. The giant rock that was rolling their way had stopped, taking form of a big Goron.

Assuming it was Daruk, he turned towards the three, only noticing Link at first. "Hey little guy! I didn't even know you were coming here!"

Link was walking towards Daruk as Thalia and Rowan followed behind. "We've been traveling all through Hyrule to inform all the champions about Zelda."

Daruk gave Link a confused look. "The princess? What about her?"

"Long story short, she got kidnapped by Ganondorf. We're trying to find her and at the same time, letting all the champions know and having them use their divine beast to try to find her."

Daruk's eyes widen the news. "No way! The king's advisor did that?!" It looked like he was thinking to himself for a moment. "That guy always gave me a bad feeling. Now I know why."

"Zelda, Rowan, Thalia, and I always had a bad feeling about that guy ever since we were young. We just knew that we couldn't trust him."

Daruk rubbed the back of his head. "I will help you out, of course with Vah Rudania. I sure hope that we find her soon."

Rowan stepped in. "Thank you for lending us your assistance, Daruk. Now a huge part of our plan to find my cousin will fall into place."

Daruk let out a laugh. "It's no problem at all!" He slapped both Link and Rowan on the back at the same time, laughing some more. The two felt a great pain run up their spine.

Thalia gently rubbed Rowan's back, looking at him with worry. "Are you alright?"

Rowan winced in pain while nodding. "I'm fine. It will go away in a minute."

"Ok..." Thalia looked over at Link. "Are you alright, Link?"

Link was trying to regain his posture, his face looking pained. "I'll be ok."

Daruk was looking over at Thalia, curiosity appeared on his face. "I don't think I've seen you before. What's your name?"

Checking one more time to make sure Rowan was alright, Thalia made eye contact with Daruk. "My name is Thalia. It's nice to meet you, Goron Champion."

It seemed like Daruk was getting a little flustered, rubbing the back of his head nervously. She didn't even know Gorons could blush. "You can just call me Daruk."

Link looked over at Rowan, now turning his gaze towards Daruk. "She's Rowan's girlfriend, so I would advise you to not act like this if I were you. Rowan can turn into a lion just like that."

"Sorry... My guard goes down around pretty women."

Rowan went over towards Thalia, wrapping his arm over her waist. His face was serious while staring Daruk down. It felt like her heart could leap out of her chest, seeing Rowan be so intimate with her.

Link squeezed his lips together while raising his eyebrows. "Rowan, I can understand you feel jealous, but Daruk isn't trying to take Thalia away from you."

Daruk nodded. "Yeah! I have no intentions with that! Sorry for having you get the wrong idea, Duke!"

For some reason, Rowan started to bust out laughing. "I was aware of that all along! Though I must admit I did feel jealousy wash over me for a moment."

Link shook his head while smiling. "Oh, Rowan..."

Daruk started to laugh with Rowan. "Congrats to the two of you! It looks like you're going to be the duchess of Hyrule in the near future, Thalia."

Thalia nodded. "I will. And I'll do everything in my power to assist Hyrule."

"Good to hear! Well... I'll start heading towards Vah Rudania to look for the princess. What are you lot going to do from here?"

Link spoke up. "We were going to go to Uratori Village after coming here."

Rowan was looking up at the sky. "It looks like the sun will go down soon. Though it would be too late to go back down the horse saddle."

Thalia was thinking to herself. "It's much too hot for us to stay here for the night, and we only have three elixirs left."

Daruk smiled to himself. "I think I have an idea to help you get there faster."

At the same time, the three looked at Daruk as Link spoke up. "How so?"

"I have this huge canon that can shoot hundreds yards away."

Though that wasn't a bad idea, it still had its risks. Thalia felt her heart sink from fear, thinking the worse. "I don't know..."

Rowan placed his hand on her shoulder. "I understand how you feel. But I feel like this will be a faster way to get to Uratori Village. We will continue to be ahead of schedule."

Link looked like he was thinking to himself, his hand rubbing against his chin. "Can you aim the canon towards the horse saddle that's south from here?"

"Sure I can! But just in case you don't land in water..." Daruk was grabbing something nearby, holding three helmets. "You might want to use these."

The three were putting on a hard hat, hesitantly going through with the canon plan. The time remaining with the effect of the elixirs was starting to wear off.

Quickly, the three were fitting into the large canon, trying to get into position. Daruk had started up the canon, the rope shortening. It was about to blow. "Get ready, guys!"

Link was bracing himself. Rowan held Thalia close to him, holding onto her tightly and protectively. With all three hearts beating nervously, the canon went off, shooting the three into the sky. They were flying so high that they were reaching the clouds. It was quite an experience the three will never forget.