Chapter 12

The path entering Rito Village wasn't filled with snow, but it was cold enough that they still had to keep their snow gear on. The village was quite windy, houses and stores gradually going up the mountain with wooden stairs supporting them.

The three got off of their horses. They were going to travel by foot at this point. Stepping foot into the village, some of the people noticed their presence, staring in awe.

Link was walking in front of Rowan and Thalia while turning turned his head. "Just a warning. The Rito Champion is kind of an asshole."

Thalia arched an eyebrow, a soft laugh escaped from her. "What do you mean?"

"This guy thinks he's all that. He thinks that he should be the one helping Zelda lead the champions. And yes, he said that to my face."

"Oh... Wow... He sounds like he's really confident in himself."

Link rolled his eyes. "If he wasn't so full of himself, I would think he's pretty cool."

Rowan stepped in. "It doesn't matter how the Rito Champion is. We came here to ask him for his assistance."

Link let out a sigh. "I have a strong feeling how he's going to respond to that..."

Making it towards almost the top of the mountain, the three saw the Rito Champion gazing off towards the distance on a wooden platform that was hanging off from the village.

Hearing footsteps, the Rito Champion turned around, seeing the three walking towards him. A smile appeared on his face, his gaze was on Link. "Why if it isn't the Hylian Champion. Have you decided to give your role to me?"

Link rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "No, Revali. We came here to ask you a favor."

"A favor? Is the favor perhaps to help you admit that you're just a mere weakling?"

Link grew angry, stomping towards Revali. "You want to run that by me again, jerk?!"

Rowan held him back, having both of his arms holding Link. "Calm down, Link. It's not worth getting into a fight."

"Didn't you hear what he said?!"

"Yes, but you shouldn't act so irrationally."

Watching the two and letting out a sigh, Thalia turned her gaze towards Revali. "Rito Champion, we have traveled here to deliver urgent news. Princess Zelda has been kidnapped by Ganondorf. We were hoping that you would lend some assistance with your divine beast."

Revali's face dropped hearing the news of Zelda's kidnapping. "She's been kidnapped?! By that... Red headed Gerudo man?!"

Thalia nodded. "Yeah. Ganondorf managed to kidnap her while she was praying to Hylia. Link tried to stop him, but he couldn't."

Revali scoffed as he turned to Link. "You couldn't even do your job properly. How pitiful can you be?"

Link clicked his tongue. "You don't have to rub salt in the wound, Revali. I get it."

"And so you want my help." Revali proudly smiled as he nodded. "I will gladly lend you a hand with Vah Medoh. It's able to fly unlike you, so it has a great advantage to help find the princess you lost."

Link let out an annoyed sigh. "Will you just shut up already?!"

Rowan released his grip on Link, trusting Link to not act up again. "I know his words sting you, but do not let it get to you. He's willing to lend us his assistance, so we should be grateful."

Revali gave Link a smirk. "The duke is right, Hylian Champion. You should listen to him."

Link was really fed up with Revali's smartass comments, letting out a sigh. "Fine..."

Thalia spoke up. "Thank you for helping us, Rito Champion. And if it's not too much trouble, can we stay in your village for the night? It's already late and we don't want to travel when it's dark."

Revali nodded. "Of course you can stay for the night. You and the duke will have the finest beds in the inn. Link, on the other hand, can sleep out in the cold."

Link creased his brows, looking visibly angry. "Hey! What's your deal?!"

Thalia bowed before Revali. "Please, Rito Champion. Link should have a bed as well since he is our leader of this journey. Rowan and I don't want him to get sick from sleeping outside. Please reconsider."

Revali nodded, looking like he was somewhat impressed. "Since you worded so nicely... I might as well give Link a good bed at the inn as well."

Thalia smiled brightly at Revali. "Thank you so much!"

"I already know the Hylian Champion and Duke Rowan. But what is your name?"

"Oh! My name is Thalia. I don't have a title. I'm one of the head cooks in Hyrule Castle as well as a knight."

Revali looked at her, nodding in impressment. "Sounds like you accomplished a lot more than the Hylian Champion. A normal Hylian who is able to balance two occupations at once."

Thalia became flustered by Revali's compliments. "I have to disagree with you. Link has accomplished much more than me."

"You don't have to be so modest. I can spot a talented person by just looking at them."

Thalia continued to smile at Revali as Rowan came over, stopping next to Thalia. "Thank you for allowing us to stay at the village tonight. And thank you for lending us your assistance as well." Rowan slightly bowed.

Revali smiled proudly. "You flatter me, Duke Rowan. Don't worry, I'll help you find the princess in no time."

Link came over to them, not wanting to be near Revali any longer. "Come on, guys. Let's go to the inn."

Rowan and Thalia said their goodbyes to Revali, following Link towards the inn. Revali was staring at their backs for a bit, a smile appeared on his face as he opened his wings, flying up into the air.

At the inn, the three all shared a room with three beds. All laying down, both Thalia and Rowan heard Link let out an annoyed sigh. "I really can't stand that guy! I don't know why he's such a jerk to me! I never did anything to him!"

"I believe he feels green with envy that you have a bigger role than him. So he tries to belittle you to make himself feel bigger." Thalia explained.

Rowan nodded. "I can tell he had an inferiority complex. Especially towards you, Link."

Link smugly smiled at the thought. "Well that's too bad. He has his role, and I have mine. There's no way in hell that I would ever hand that birdbrain my role."

Thalia let out a giggle. "That's the spirit, Link."

Rowan spoke up. "We really should get some rest. We have to leave early tomorrow to head towards Gerudo Town."

"You're right, Rowan."

Link nodded. "Yeah, I'm about to hit the hay. You two should too. Well... Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Rowan and Thalia said at the same time. In the Rito inn, the three were fast asleep, saving their energy for their next destination in the early morning.